3D Printed KS16S Stand

redfoxdude

Hello!

My name is Vincent, or you can call me by my online alias that I may or may not have used since middle school...

I got my first EUC a few weeks ago, the KS16S. I always wanted an EUC since the beginning, and I finally justified it to myself :P. It's been a real blast using it for part of my commute (EUC --> train --> EUC). As I'm improving and my foot fatigue is reducing, I'm increasing the length of the EUC portion. Leisurely rides on the weekend have been fun, too.

Anyway, I'm also a 3D printing enthusiast, and thought it would be fun to design a stand to use by my desk at work (And soon, another for home! :lol:). Here's the (hopefully) final iteration! Definitely took inspiration from EUCGUY's stand. I ended up playing around quite a bit with different ideas for the interface with the pedal bracket, but of course my first idea worked the best... <_< Nonetheless! I'm pretty happy with how it has been working out so far.

EDIT: Uploaded the files here.

1926007114_KS16S_Stand(1).thumb.jpg.4c4890cb8ba301519c2f9bd6baeaf162.jpg661487927_KS16S_Stand(3).thumb.jpg.18f968b0540b661d9703730d820e5dc9.jpg

2047580645_KS16S_Stand(2).thumb.jpg.deba097feba0045f501018ef9a9e13a5.jpg

929781819_KS16S_Stand(4).thumb.jpg.832aa1ac4e322fb392b33f62d1fbdc93.jpg

The design is parametric, so it should be fairly simple to tweak it for other wheels. (Upgraditis is already setting in... 16X or Nikola looking pretty fun... :laughbounce2:)

~redfoxdude

Edited by redfoxdude
Added link to files
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

nice stand! do you have the model? it looks pretty slick.. this is the one i designed, i have made one for almost every wheel ive owned just tweaking the model slightly

20190228_181427.jpg

On 7/27/2019 at 11:23 PM, Rywokast said:

nice stand! do you have the model? it looks pretty slick.. this is the one i designed, i have made one for almost every wheel ive owned just tweaking the model slightly

[Picture]

Thank you! I've just posted some files here.

Yours looks nice and solid! Simple lines, which I like.

• 2 months later...

Great looking stand @redfoxdude. I also like the one by @Rywokast

These do a nice job of providing a secure and stable docking place for the EUC. But if you have a larger EUC (Nikola or Monster), you still have to lift it to put it in place. I was thinking about making a small ramp to roll it onto the stand. It would roll up slightly above it and then roll down onto the stand. Then you could roll it right up the ramp, without lifting it, right? What do you think?

Maybe this seems lame and unnecessary, but aren't all great inventions just different ways for us to be lazier?

@ZenRyder Thank you! I've thought about something similar. It would be super nice when I get in to work to be able to just lazily roll my wheel onto its stand.

One hard thing is that it makes the dimensions of the stand much more dependent on the specific pedal height of a given wheel, so the ramp would have to be adjustable, or I'd have to make different versions for different wheels. More to think about when I have the time, I suppose :)