New euc order landed in UK :)

Planemo

Just thought I would post this up for info of our UK members. I ordered a Z10 via AliExpress from Intelligent Walking Store on 11th June 2019. As per my previous Gearbest order for my V5F, my bank declined the payment and I had to call them to authorise the payment. It appears that banks dont like either of the selling portals...

Payment clearance went through the next day and the wait began. However, after 7 working days had passed there was still no update that the wheel had even been shipped so I requested to cancel the order via Ali (a little premature maybe but I was pi$$ed off at this point given my previous shenanigans with a uk retailer). The next day I had a notification that my request had been declined as the wheel had been shipped. Lo and behold the Ali app showed 'despatched' and a UPS number assigned which of course is useless until the shipment hits Europe/UK.

So at this point I know I am in for the long haul and theres nothing I can do about it so the best thing to do is forget about the wheel. I expected 8 to 9 weeks from the point of despatch which would make delivery around 12th to 19th August 2019.

I received a notification yesterday (25th July) that my wheel had been delivered and signed for at my place of work (as I requested).

That makes around 6 weeks from point of ordering or 5 weeks from date of despatch which I think is pretty damn good. It took 8 weeks for my V5F (although not the same seller). That said I think it really is luck of the draw - all sellers use the same method - they hang fire as long as possible to amalgamate international deliveries to save shipping costs. I suspect that my order would have sat around longer had I not requested to cancel which was actually part of Ali policy (buyer can cancel after 7 days if not shipped).

So in all quite happy at the mo. Biggest problem is that I am on holiday and won't be returning to work for 4 days so cant get that lovely 'new wheel freshness' until then. I will update this thread once I have confirmed all is OK/wheel has not suffered vampire drain/all parts are present.

Looks like my Z6 will be up for sale earlier than I thought! Shame because I have it with me at the mo and has been doing stirling service on the Isle of Wight :)

• Like 1

Happy happy :) Arrived at work, found a well packaged and taped up box for me (so couldn't see what was in it from the outside - possibly avoids prying/thieving eyes), opened box up and did a short press on power button (as per usual on Zeds) to turn on - nothing. Visions of taking out battery and charging via leads until I saw a small sticker around the button with even smaller writing stating 'long press to power on before using app'. Tried that - fired up straight away with 3 bars charge so at least 60% charged :)

Warning tone came on though and red leds flashing so assumed it will do that until I have paired it with the app. (I bought my Z6 used so I haven't been through the Z first start process before).

Will have to have a more in depth look later - work is in the way - but looking very nice so far :)

Thumbs up for Intelligent Walking Store so far :thumbup:

Oh and it has 'CE' stickers all over it.

• Like 2

Great! Let us know how it goes. I have been eyeing the Z10 for a long time. 

I ordered my MSX from Intelligent Walking Store and some of my friends have also ordered their wheels from them.
Sure sometimes they take a bit longer to arrive and the stores aren't always honest about shipping and delivery.
A good idea for future buyers is to count on it taking 2 months and if it comes sooner then see that as a positive.

2 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Great! Let us know how it goes. I have been eyeing the Z10 for a long time. 

I ordered my MSX from Intelligent Walking Store and some of my friends have also ordered their wheels from them.
Sure sometimes they take a bit longer to arrive and the stores aren't always honest about shipping and delivery.
A good idea for future buyers is to count on it taking 2 months and if it comes sooner then see that as a positive.

You're right Mike, buyers should assume 8 to 9 weeks (as I did) and if's it's sooner then all the better. My V5F was 7 weeks I think so I got a bit lucky there as well.

I do wonder how much longer my Z10 would have taken had I not attempted to cancel the order on the 8th day after ordering. I reckon the Chinese sellers hang off on posting for as long as possible - maybe as long as 2 weeks after ordering and then assume a 6 week journey to keep within the quoted 2 month delivery. If a buyer attempts to cancel after the 7 day allowed cancel time then all the seller can do is refund the payment or ship the wheel immediately, as happened in my case.

• Like 1

It would probably not take longer than what the buyers protection covers. But it did in my case when I ordered my MSX right before singles day in 2018.
It took almost 10 weeks to arrive but that is also forgivable if you think about Singles Day, Black Friday, Christmas Holidays, etc.
Sometimes they have wheels in Europe as well, for instance they have Tesla in European stock and not long ago they had 18XL and 16S.

It's just that we spend too much time wanking about what wheel we're going to buy and then 5 years later when we finally make up our minds we order it and all of a sudden NEED IT NOW.

:roflmao:

33 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

It's just that we spend too much time wanking about what wheel we're going to buy and then 5 years later when we finally make up our minds we order it and all of a sudden NEED IT NOW.

:roflmao:

:facepalm: So true!

Truth be told I had put my Z order out of my mind completely - after the 1st long distance wait (where you check the tracking every 5 minutes in the blindly optimistic hope that something has updated) you kind of learn to switch off and forget about it. It was only when I had a notification ping up from Ali stating the Z was delivered that I got all twitchy - mostly because I was on bloody holiday!

All comes good in the end though. That said, I didn't get as much of a saving on the Z (about £150) as with the V5F (about £300!) but hey £150 still buys a good number of beers :cheers: 

• Like 1

Guest PogArt Artur
3 hours ago, Planemo said:

Happy happy :) Arrived at work, found a well packaged and taped up box for me (so couldn't see what was in it from the outside - possibly avoids prying/thieving eyes), opened box up and did a short press on power button (as per usual on Zeds) to turn on - nothing. Visions of taking out battery and charging via leads until I saw a small sticker around the button with even smaller writing stating 'long press to power on before using app'. Tried that - fired up straight away with 3 bars charge so at least 60% charged :)

Warning tone came on though and red leds flashing so assumed it will do that until I have paired it with the app. (I bought my Z6 used so I haven't been through the Z first start process before).

Will have to have a more in depth look later - work is in the way - but looking very nice so far :)

Congratulations @Planemo !!!

It's been some waiting time, but at least you've got your brand new CE Z10 with you, and nothing will stop you enjoy it now 😎😎😎

I'm extra happy for your new wheel !!!

Cheers Artur!

Just sneaked out at lunchtime to look at it more! Managed to bind it (I had to supply an email address - not sure why - am I going to get a load of spam coming my way...?) but that was all. All hooked up fine to the Ninebot app and also tried it with Wheelog which went smoothly as well. Just restricted to 14mph for 1km now... seems a bit daft really - could do that walking it around the garden!

Build date is end of May 2019 so about as late a wheel as I could get taking into account shipping from China.

Did you go with Stephen to Epping Forest recently?

4 hours ago, Planemo said:

Wow...CE sticker on a Ninebot EUC. :thumbup:

European KingSong and Gotway owners fade from envy, but don't worry, you can get your CE marking afterwards. This certification mark indicates conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area (EEA).

Click here for the declaration of conformity

Now nothing stands in the way of legalization any more :roflmao:

I couldn't give a monkey's if it was CE or not personally :) I only posted it as a matter of interest to some, as there was a suggestion that only officially supplied UK/EU wheels would have it.

As to whether it actually means anything or not is another matter - I mean Chinese companies aren't exactly known for being totally honest all of the time...

• Like 1

Guest PogArt Artur
3 hours ago, Planemo said:

Did you go with Stephen to Epping Forest recently?

No, it was too far to keep him companion, and also I'm working 6 days p/w since beginning of June, which means I have no time for nothing really...

Also I haven't met up with him since then...

So my private life is a bit down, but at least I'm keep commuting daily 😁

That's great you've got newest Z10 !!!

Wow, just WOW 😁😁😁

Enjoy my friend, you've deserved it 😎

Best wishes. 

Intelligent Walking are fine...as Long as you dont have a Problem on the Wheel!

Then the hassle starts :-) So in Europe? Order from me ;-)

And have 2-5 days of waiting……

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PogArt Artur said:

Also I haven't met up with him since then...

Btw im free anytime your off work for the next few weeks for a ride it might save me going all the way to London to ride with people 😜👍👍

Edited by stephen

Hi! Just saw your forum as looking for some EUclubs in UK, was wondering is something going on during this summer, any EUC events, spots, jams. grills, races etc.  :)))

We have Z6s and Z10s brand new boxed, collection in UK same day! find Us on Ebay UK, the best give a ring for special offer quick sale!

Good Luck Guys! Hope we meet one day, the EUC UK rides family is growing! 

Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, stephen said:

Btw im free anytime your off work for the next few weeks for a ride it might save me going all the way to London to ride with people 😜👍👍

Hahahaaaa 🤣😂🤣

😋

I'm just tired Stephen ...

Too much working days, too less rests ...

I'll let you know for sure 😎

1 hour ago, RAFAL M said:

Hi! Just saw your forum as looking for some EUclubs in UK, was wondering is something going on during this summer, any EUC events, spots, jams. grills, races etc.  :)))

We have Z6s and Z10s brand new boxed, collection in UK same day! find Us on Ebay UK, the best give a ring for special offer quick sale!

Good Luck Guys! Hope we meet one day, the EUC UK rides family is growing! 

So you have an ebay link or website plz

• Like 1

I have been aware of that Ebay listing for a while and they were advertised at more than the £1650 they currently are which is why I never gave it a look-in. The next option I considered if the China deal didnt work out was the Netherlands guys at £1400 (also on Ebay). However, if you can in fact sell at £1485 thats not a bad deal for a UK supplier but it was never on my radar because we never knew that price was possible.

For that price £1485 it has to be outside the eBay transaction, we sold couple already, people are contacting and coming for collection.

Me so far done about 250km and Z10 is my first ever euc. We have amazing surroundings for wheel rides. Couldn't resist to unpack one and try :) and new hobby was born :) just after that.

Simply had to carry out the mudguard mod on the Z10 asap. This time I also carefully modified the 2 side spacers so they fitted back in as well to take away all the gaps (I am a bit sad with things like that). Fly-eyed the front and rear lights whilst I was at it. The rear in particular reminds me of a baboons arse in stock form so the film tones it all down a bit and keeps in with the stealth of the Z that we all know and love :)

Edit: Pics removed - having a cull of my uploads to retrieve space.

Edited by Planemo