Ks16s 420wh - battery pads thinner?

em1barns

Hi,

I saw there was a Ks16s 420wh version, and I was wondering whether the side pads were thinner as the battery packs are twice smaller?

Side pads are my biggest gripe against Ks16s it feels like a brick on my ankles.

Thanks

Edited by em1barns

The outer shells on the 16S "bulge" out behind the upper pads (which are only about 3mm thick). 

I am not aware that there are "alternate" shells that cater for only 420 Wh bateries, so my expectation is that it won't make any difference.

If you would prefer a thinner wheel, have you considered the KS-14D/? Which also comes in a 420 Wh model.

i think the 420 wh is just a cheaper version offered mainly in the EU.. never seen one for sale elsewhere and to my knowledge it just lacks one of the battery packs.. the KS16S is the KS16S lol there is one shell, one design there is no alternate version it is what it is.. why anyone would want a 420 wh 16S is beyond me though just get a 14D or 14S or something smaller like V8, i dont know much about it but i would be willing to bet that KS limits the speed on this one to 30 because of only having 32 cells same as the 14D and the lowered speed limiter would come into play at an earlier stage. obviously it would be different for everyone but for me the 16S is the most comfortable wheel in existance, it is like it was made specifically for my legs lol they fit perfectly my ankles sit just below the pads and the pads sit perfectly flush against my shins with no pressure points making it the most stable and controllable wheel i have ever ridden.. naturally somebody taller and with a different leg shape could find this to be the most uncomfortable thing ever as i do on my ninebot one.. like you said, bricks on my ankles lmao... dont look at this model, check out the 14D or 14S or even a different company, they dont touch your legs and although the S has side bulges as well they are significantly smaller especially if you get the ewheels version with smaller side pads, and they are much much lower anyways so they wouldnt be a pressure point on your ankles

Edited by Rywokast