i am new to euc world. have a ninebot s1 which i’ve been practicing on for the past 2 weeks. i got about 40 miles on it and hit the max speed constantly. it is still a great wheel for me to learn on but i just put down a deposit with jason at ewheels for either a 16x or 18xl.  

i was going to get the v10f but when i found out the speed starts dropping from %75 battery, it turned me off. i probably wont even go the speed that v10f can do but idk, i just dont want to surprise myself and have to upgrade again.

i have been researching the 16x and 18xl and just cant decide, now to make life more difficult, i’ve been looking at the gotway msx too.

i just dont see me going over 25mph, cruising speed probably around 20ish, once i get proficient at lower speeds!

i weigh 165lb and am 5’10”. 58 years old that cant be breaking bones but too dumb to actually know it!

im not one to buy different wheels just to have a collection, i want one that i can grow into. rather have the power and speed for if i ever get to that point. wont be doing alot of off roading, i use my SxS for that.

any input will be appreciated.

thx

Posted (edited)

I own all three brands of wheels - KS, InMotion and GW. If you don't plan to do tricks on a 16-inch wheel, you don't need a KS16X. If you are not into speed, you don't need a GW MSX. What's  left is KS18XL which give you plenty of speed, range and most important of all, reliability. I hope my personal opinion will help with your choosing/decision.

Edited by scubadragosan

26 minutes ago, scubadragosan said:

I own all three brands of wheels - KS, InMotion and GW. If you don't plan to do tricks on a 16-inch wheel, you don't need a KS16X. If you are not into speed, you don't need a GW MSX. What's  left is KS18XL which give you plenty of speed, range and most important of all, reliability. I hope my personal opinion will help with your choosing/decision.

those are great pointers. my reason for 16x is being new technology as far as the main board goes???

Posted (edited)

I wouldn’t resume a 16” to a trick wheel. It is a balanced size and the thicker tires the Nikola, V10 and 16x are introducing are adding comfort. Compared to a 18” it will have more torque and reactivity for use in traffic.

I don’t have an answer for you as we don’t have much proper reviews of the 16x, but it certainly isn’t limited to being a trick wheel (nor are 14”ers)

Edited by Mimolette