INMOTION v8 shaking and vibration issue

Lucas Alexander Oliver

So I’ve got about 800 miles on my v8. Ad it was my first euc. I learned how to ride on it. And wrecked. A lot. Lol.    I have two other wheels now and I just taught my 16 yr old niece how to ride and she’s hooked.   I taught her on the v8 and it worked okay.  Sometimes. When she’s not on it it’ll start vibrating really violently and shaking back and forth but whe she puts her weight on it It smoothed  out.   So I want to send her the wheel so she can continue riding but I wanna fix it first. Does this sound like a board issue or a motor issue or something else ?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I notice a bit of a vibration/wobble proportional to speed on mine when i inflate the tire a little too much (> ~55 psi or so)-- feels like the tire has a bulge, or not seated on the bead evenly or something, or maybe just more noticeable due to less give in the tire.  A few psi lower and i don't feel it. (About 50-52 psi seems to be my sweet spot as a ~235lb rider).  I like how the wheel rolls and turns easier with more tire pressure, but not if it feels bouncy, hard, or bumpy as described above.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
29 minutes ago, flybybro said:

Hey,i have same issue on my v10f after 1700 miles,did u solved it?

Violent shaking is a Symptom of a loose control board or shell. Check for loose screws on the pedal hangers that connect the plastic shell to the metal hangers that the pedals attach to. If that is not it check the screws in the control board. ( Gotway check axle nuts. Pedals hangers loose of axle) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hola yo tengo un V11 y desde los primeros usos , aunque no todas las veces ,me da una vibración lateral como si la llanta estuviera suelta no se si sea algo normal o sea ya algún desperfecto y esto me pasa cuando comienzo a ir a más de 20km/h la vibración se incrementa haciendo que pierda el balance. Muchas gracias 

Please post in English.

Google Translate:

Hello, I have a V11 and from the first uses, although not every time, it gives me a lateral vibration as if the rim were loose. 20km / h vibration increases causing you to lose balance. Thank you

Edited by meepmeepmayer

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/17/2022 at 8:41 AM, Andrew Weingram said:

violent shaking on mine has been a broken axle.   (TWICE)

Hey so how do you check if it's a broken axle. Mine is fine if I sit on it and move but when I try ride standing on it,it violently vibrats. I tried tightening the visible nut on the axel though it still not working. 

• Like 1

Check and see if the shell is solidly mounted to the axle(pedal hangers). Then check if the control board is solidly mounted to the shell.

When the board's gyro isn't solid with the axle, like there's play. Then violent vibrations can occur. 

Also check for cracks around pedal hangers.. Or where screws mount. < VERY INPORTANT. If it's cracked, it would be the same as if there would be no crews holding the shell. Nothing holding it together = shaky, shaky.

• Like 1