V5F won't connect to the app :-(

Gasmantle

Hi all,

For the last couple of days my V5F won't connect to the app (either the Inmotion or Wheellog), the small bluetooth symbol next to the battery level indicator has gone out but everything else seems fine.

Any thoughts on what the problem is ?

Many thanks, Peter.

Thanks, I've just checked and my tablet still has the bluetooth enabled.

I'm not sure if the bluetooth symbol on my wheel needs to be lit up to connect or whether it only comes on once it is connected.

10 hours ago, Gasmantle said:

Thanks, I've just checked and my tablet still has the bluetooth enabled.

I'm not sure if the bluetooth symbol on my wheel needs to be lit up to connect or whether it only comes on once it is connected.

Not 100% on the V5, but on my wheel the Bluetooth symbol will only appear when connected to another device.

40 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

Thanks guys, I've now managed to sort it by turning off the bluetooth then turning it back on. Not sure why it stopped working but it seems ok now :)

@Sidewalk Enforcer I've just had a look, the symbol comes on once the wheel has made connection :)

its funny, ive never made that connection as to what that symbol is on the EUC lmao.. either that or ive never actually looked close enough to notice what it is, i did notice there being a light on by the battery indicator randomly sometimes.. which is funny, because i havent used the app besides the first day i got the vehicle to upgrade firmware and set speed/alarms.. so why it would ever come on again and only at random times is weird

Edited by Rywokast

6 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

its funny, ive never made that connection as to what that symbol is on the EUC lmao.. either that or ive never actually looked close enough to notice what it is, i did notice there being a light on by the battery indicator randomly sometimes.. which is funny, because i havent used the app besides the first day i got the vehicle to upgrade firmware and set speed/alarms.. so why it would ever come on again and only at random times is weird

It seems that the bluetooth light only comes on once a connection is established (I thought it came on to say a connection was available)

I find the Inmotion app is poorly laid out and not very user friendly so like you I used it to configure my wheel settings at the start but rarely look at it now. To check my battery level and mileage travelled I now just use the Wheellog app, it's very basic but gives me the info I need.

• Like 1

Guest PogArt Artur
57 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

It seems that the bluetooth light only comes on once a connection is established (I thought it came on to say a connection was available)

I find the Inmotion app is poorly laid out and not very user friendly so like you I used it to configure my wheel settings at the start but rarely look at it now. To check my battery level and mileage travelled I now just use the Wheellog app, it's very basic but gives me the info I need.

I prefer Wheellog myself as well, the graphic is larger so the digits of battery's % too 😁