Safe Riding Temperature V10

Hello everyone, I have a solowheel inmotion V10 and noticed that it's been getting kind of hot between my legs. I live in Denver and a few days out of the week have been around 98 degrees. It's mostly dry heat out here, but I was just a little worried if I should be riding when it's this hot out. This morning was 64 degrees, and when I checked my temp, it was at 102 degrees. What is too hot for a V10? 

Edited by Lunar

Hi Lunar, I have a V10F and have been using for my commute almost every day (it is so much fun!). In the last month I have done over 200miles and have not had an issue. I live in LA at the top of a steep hill and have not had a problem with it. My weight with gear is probably 170pounds. The app usually shows temperatures from 100-135degrees f, which it can handle without a problem.  I believe that you are fine up to 150-155degrees. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello John, thanks for the reply! This brings me some relief, as I didn't want this to explode between my legs lol. I'll check the temps again on a hot day. It really is fun!!! I get the occasional hater every so often, especially from bikers, but it is what it is. I'm sure more people will ride with us eventually. 

Edited by Lunar

Hey Lunar! 

Going home today i tried something new. Today it is 91 degrees f in LA so the V10F got up to 150degrees towards the end of the hill, and no problem, although i was concerned that it might stop on my. I then let it rest for 10 minutes and decided to try something new: i switched the riding mode to "classic" went down the hill and back up and this time the temperature went up to only 125degrees! which is awesome. So just remember that on really hot days you might want to try the classic mode - it does not ride as agile but it gets the job done! Have a great week man. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2019 at 3:22 PM, John Wood said:

Hey Lunar! 

Going home today i tried something new. Today it is 91 degrees f in LA so the V10F got up to 150degrees towards the end of the hill, and no problem, although i was concerned that it might stop on my. I then let it rest for 10 minutes and decided to try something new: i switched the riding mode to "classic" went down the hill and back up and this time the temperature went up to only 125degrees! which is awesome. So just remember that on really hot days you might want to try the classic mode - it does not ride as agile but it gets the job done! Have a great week man. 

Thanks a bunch man, and sorry for the late reply. I'll give that a try on a hot day. It's been a bit cooler outside lately so it hasn't gotten as hot. I appreciate the help and reply. You have a great week yourself!!!