My 100v adventures with the Nikola Plus and Monster v3

Alien Rides

IMHO that Monster is the sexiest thing I’ve seen on one wheel. :wub: 

It’s such a shame I can’t risk losing my license by driving on the roads in the UK. I’d be off to Scotland on a tour in a flash. One day maybe :crying:

Great Vid!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RoCan said:

IMHO that Monster is the sexiest thing I’ve seen on one wheel. :wub: 

It’s such a shame I can’t risk losing my license by driving on the roads in the UK. I’d be off to Scotland on a tour in a flash. One day maybe :crying:

Great Vid!

Thanks. It's sad you can't drive on the roads :( I love wheeling too much that I might have to move to another country if that happened here. The Monster v3 is definitely a sexy wheel, I'll share a pic of me and the wheel that my buddy took.

67396444_2479761495378781_4207614387118145536_o.thumb.jpg.e624662ad05c85dfe263d43788c96114.jpg

• Like 2

I was surprised by the height. I didnt expect the nikola to be around the same height as the monster. Although that tire....holy...the monster is like a small body trying to contain a motorcycle wheel, lmao. I think, for me, another big difference comes to play when you slap a seat on that big boy. I saw a guy from china put a seat on his nikola and is doing a ride through tibet i think. But of course that was just a custom thing. Not sure how strong the handle is for that to work (especially at my weight)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, seage said:

I was surprised by the height. I didnt expect the nikola to be around the same height as the monster. Although that tire....holy...the monster is like a small body trying to contain a motorcycle wheel, lmao. I think, for me, another big difference comes to play when you slap a seat on that big boy. I saw a guy from china put a seat on his nikola and is doing a ride through tibet i think. But of course that was just a custom thing. Not sure how strong the handle is for that to work (especially at my weight)

Yeah, I think I definitely want to attempt to use a seat on the Monster. For most other EUCs a seat is not very comfortable for me due to the low height, I think it could work well on the monster though. The Monster is already such a smooth ride, putting a seat will be like riding a gyro-stabilized lazy boy cruiser.

• Like 3

On 7/22/2019 at 9:51 AM, Alien Rides said:

I recently decided to refresh my EUC fleet with the latest offerings from GotWay with both the Nikola Plus and Monster v3. I'll mostly be doing video reviews, but wanted a single thread to collect the videos on these two amazing wheels. I want to create a short mini-series on these wheels, my first video with an unboxing and some first impressions can be found here: 

Anyone know the 80% alarm for the 100v Nikola? I hope it can reach 40mph

Edited by Darrell Wesh
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2019 at 1:08 AM, Darrell Wesh said:

Anyone know the 80% alarm for the 100v Nikola? I hope it can reach 40mph

about 39 MPH for a 150 lb rider.  You can push a bit beyond and hit 40 no problem.  

Edited by Ben Kim

13 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

seated with a tuck for maximum aero :) This was a report from another user in NYC. 

I highly doubt you can hit 40 seated on a nikola. It’s too low and thus shifts your weight too far back. 

Irregardless, I wonder what his conditions were for him to get inferior results to someone almost 50lb heavier 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, MrRobot said:

Alien you're crazy for actually riding with those motorcycle boots. I bought the same pair off Amazon and only used them like two times. Couldn't get solid grip on the feet and they chewed up my side pads. 

The fact that the soles are not flat but have a heel (made to grip behind the foot pegs on a motorcycle) would be a reason for me not to buy them.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 4:24 PM, MrRobot said:

Alien you're crazy for actually riding with those motorcycle boots. I bought the same pair off Amazon and only used them like two times. Couldn't get solid grip on the feet and they chewed up my side pads. 

Hah, interesting - I don't really notice a problem with grip. They don't hit my side pads since they're higher, but if you have lower padding I could see that happening. A little bit worried about them scratching up the shell though.

12 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

The fact that the soles are not flat but have a heel (made to grip behind the foot pegs on a motorcycle) would be a reason for me not to buy them.

Yeah, I don't really like the heel. You can take them to a cobbler to get them re-soled, which I will probably do at some point when I get a new pair.

41 minutes ago, leadfeathers said:

Considering a monster in the future (84v, v3, 2400Wh).  How many flat miles can you realistically get out of a single charge if you're roughly 180 lbs on an average temperature day?

So much depends on speed and elevation that it’s hard to say. I would venture 70-80 miles no problem for you though riding conservatively on fairly tame conditions. That’s such a beast of a wheel and I think you would have plenty of range. (I’ve never tested myself, just guessing based on my experience with other wheels)

• Like 1

Oh that's awesome.  I've been skeptical about quoted ranges since I have the V10F and they quoted something like 55 mile range.  If I ride conservatively it's more like 34 lol.  Amazing, smooth handling wheel but realistic ranges kind of surprise ya.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leadfeathers said:

Oh that's awesome.  I've been skeptical about quoted ranges since I have the V10F and they quoted something like 55 mile range.  If I ride conservatively it's more like 34 lol.  Amazing, smooth handling wheel but realistic ranges kind of surprise ya.

Just doing the math shows that the same riding style with 2400Wh on the Monster vs 960Wh of the V10F, will yield 85 miles of range.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

So much depends on speed and elevation that it’s hard to say. I would venture 70-80 miles no problem for you though riding conservatively on fairly tame conditions. That’s such a beast of a wheel and I think you would have plenty of range. (I’ve never tested myself, just guessing based on my experience with other wheels)

keep in mind the higher voltage wheels are more efficient at higher speeds, so the average speed/range figure for an 84V wheel wouldn't be the same for say, a 100V wheel.  either way,  84V 2400Wh would be an absolute beast and should do an easy 80 miles at 15-20 mph.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

With my Monster V2 84V 2400wh I have made 2 routes of 100Km "non stop" and with my weight of 100kg (full gear order), at speeds of about 30-40kmh, flat terrain, few climbs, I always reached about 25-30%  Of battery.  If this information works for you ...😅

• Like 2