ESwing ES6+

thommy

Hi Philip, 

Maybe you get some cheap second hand stuff in NZ, here in Westen Europe it is crazy how much they ask for everything with the name 'segway'

On second hand:

Original Segway I2 : 3500 Euro

Segway X2SE: NEW =almost 10.000 euro, second hand between 5.000 and 7.000 euro....

But most of all, you don't find it often on the second hand market.

I have payed nearly 1500 euro for ES6+, delivered at my home.

Driven almost 1000 km at this moment and the device itself never let me down until now.

OK, now I had some problems with the charger (+- 30 Euro new), but this is peanuts and can happen also with a Segway charger (the same charger 'made in China')

Conclusion, for the price of 1 segway I can buy almost 7 ES6+ :dribble:

Just increased the charger output voltage to 63,5V.

Let's see this evening if the ES6+ is more than 90% charged.

Below 62V the the ES6+ is only for 85% charged, 5 block indicator is full when starting to drive, after 200 meter there is already one 'block' indicator out.

Do you guys think that 63,5V  have no bad impact on the battery life?

Thommy, most modern lithium-Ion cells do not age so quickly if the charge voltage is kept below 3.96 volts (approx, varies from cell to cell).  The biggest increase in life is lowering the charge voltage from 4.2 to 4.1 volts, where the life doubles for many cells (from 500 to 1000 cycles for 20% degradation). Every manufacturer is different, but it is a good general rule to keep the voltage on any cell below 4.1V and preferably below 4.0V, which for a 16 cell pack is 64.0V. One complication is that the BMS often is not precise in balancing the charge into cells, and it is recommended to charge right up to 4.2volts every few cycles, say, once a week. This allows the BMS to balance out the charge in each cell if the cells in the pack are not exactly matched. Most BMS only balance the voltage at 4.2V.

Hope that helps, and your choice of the Chinese platforms is a good one. I replaced my (four) Segway MiniPRO with two Airwheel S5, and have not had a single problem since then. I also bought a 2400W 'Halo Knight' in-line scooter, which is a real pleasure to ride!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, trevmar said:

Thommy, most modern lithium-Ion cells do not age so quickly if the charge voltage is kept below 3.96 volts (approx, varies from cell to cell).  The biggest increase in life is lowering the charge voltage from 4.2 to 4.1 volts, where the life doubles for many cells (from 500 to 1000 cycles for 20% degradation). Every manufacturer is different, but it is a good general rule to keep the voltage on any cell below 4.1V and preferably below 4.0V, which for a 16 cell pack is 64.0V. One complication is that the BMS often is not precise in balancing the charge into cells, and it is recommended to charge right up to 4.2volts every few cycles, say, once a week. This allows the BMS to balance out the charge in each cell if the cells in the pack are not exactly matched. Most BMS only balance the voltage at 4.2V.

Hope that helps, and your choice of the Chinese platforms is a good one. I replaced my (four) Segway MiniPRO with two Airwheel S5, and have not had a single problem since then. I also bought a 2400W 'Halo Knight' in-line scooter, which is a real pleasure to ride!

Thanks trev. :cheers:

Since I have at this moment 2 good working chargers, I will increase the output voltage of one charger to 67,2V and use thisone once a week...good idea?

Edited by thommy

Hi Thommy,

I‘ve requested the ES6+ directly in China and they offered a reasonable price (1500 US$) including shipping by train. Shipping time is approximately 30 days. Since this device will ship directly from China, I’ll definitely will get problems with the customs. Where or how did you manage to receive it from a European stock? Are you still fully satisfied with your device? No other problems than charger? I’d love to buy a second hand segway, but prices are insane for used devices.

Thanks 

Thomas

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for the delay (it seems I don't get notifications when someone has posted in my topic???)

I managed to buy the ES6+ directly from Shenzhen home base, they told me they could ship from there Polish or French warehouse, so I did not have to pay extra import taxes.

My ES6+ came from the French warehouse, shipping was 200 USD, price ES6+: 1350 USD and PayPal commission 78 USD, so a total amount I payed = 1628 USD.

Till now I am still very please with the ES6+, driven just over 1000 km.

Best Regards,

thommy

IMG_20191229_171903695.jpg

Edited by thommy
forget the picture...
  • Like 2

Very bad news...ES6+ just died when charging....

It was charging for about 3 hours, I went to the garage and smelled a burnt odor:furious:

This evening I decided to investigate the damage....

Also with dismantling I noticed the plastic used is not of very good quality:facepalm:

conclusion...this is also another poor, cheap and not reable device.

Very dissapointed, before the damage the device was a dream to ride.

2020-01-23 17.18.51 kl.jpg

2020-01-23 19.03.07 kl.jpg

2020-01-23 19.49.40 kl.jpg

Oh sorry to hear that.  Looks like they might be able to just send you the entire assembly and you can replace it. You may not be out of business for too long. You had good dealings with them, so i think they might help get things going again. 

51 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

Oh sorry to hear that.  Looks like they might be able to just send you the entire assembly and you can replace it. You may not be out of business for too long. You had good dealings with them, so i think they might help get things going again. 

The batteries still give 60,7V, so it seems they are not damaged.

I hope it is only the motherboard, also not possible to test the motors but I think they are OK.

I already contacted them by WhatsApp, waiting for the answer...

I also looked for possibly a real Segway X2 SE....these prices are really criminal in Europe:wacko:...+ 9000 euro:w00t2:

For that money I can almost buy a Dacia Duster:laughbounce2:

I don't want to spend that much money for a shelf with 2 wheels, 2 motors, batterypack, motherboard and some other small components....

• 2 months later...

Udate....

Dear people, watch out for xinlitech!!!!

They don't even answer me anymore.

So I lost 1500 euro after 6 months of use.....very dissapointed :(

I should stop buying from chinese sellers....they make a lot of crap that does not match the European standard.

I have no hope I can recover the scooter:(

So be warned friends....

• 4 months later...

Hello,

My advice...Don't buy from this company!

They only just want to cooperate if they can sell, afterwards if there are problems with the device they will not answer you anymore!

Also the plastic material around the batteries and center console is very breakable...

Internal wiring is very thin wire, with my problem the wires on the motherboard were fried, lucky I was in time otherwise my garage might have burnt down!!!!

I have decide to pay a little more and have bought a real Segway X2 SE PT.

What a different , I also have now total warranty from the dealer nearby.

So my advice, save a little longer and buy the real stuff instead of those Chinese garbage sellers.

Best Regards,

Yves. 

20200830_082126.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2020 at 11:19 PM, Faf Change said:

bonsoir thommy 

a tu des pièces a donné ou a vendre exemple chargeur, batterie, télécommande de ton ancien es6+

merci 

Hello Faf

No, I have nothing sold or given away.

I think those parts are still here (charger, remote...), also the batteries are still here and measure still + 60V (I measure that later in the evening for the current situation.)

The wheels and gearboxes are disassembled...maybe I use these for making a trailer for the kids 12v vehicles^_^

Best Regards,

Yves.

On 9/20/2020 at 1:21 PM, Jan ten Have said:

Hi guys,

Does anybody know if there is a saddle available for the ESwing ES6+?

Greetings,

Jan.

Contact Xinly...if for selling they will answer you, if for problems...they are as quiet as a mouse:(

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2019 at 6:57 AM, Thomas V. said:

Hi Thommy,

I‘ve requested the ES6+ directly in China and they offered a reasonable price (1500 US$) including shipping by train. Shipping time is approximately 30 days. Since this device will ship directly from China, I’ll definitely will get problems with the customs. Where or how did you manage to receive it from a European stock? Are you still fully satisfied with your device? No other problems than charger? I’d love to buy a second hand segway, but prices are insane for used devices.

Thanks 

Thomas

Hi Tomas, come you are with the segway es6 +? You have problems with the eswing app closing you can update me
thank you

Francis

On 10/25/2020 at 2:21 PM, Franzkz said:

Hi Tomas, come you are with the segway es6 +? You have problems with the eswing app closing you can update me
thank you

Francis

Hello Francis,

I had lot of more problems, please read this whole topic.

This is the actual status :lol::

20200830_082126.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Dear all,

My name is Sam Cao, and I'm Sales Manager from ESWING. 

As the Sales Manager of ESWING, I would like to address the concerns regarding our after-sales service that have been brought to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by the lack of follow-up from our previous colleague.

Please rest assured that we take full responsibility for all after-sales service issues during the warranty period. We are continuously improving our after-sales service system to provide better support to our customers. If you encounter any problems while using our products, please do not hesitate to contact me by email [sales04@xinlitech.com]. We will respond promptly and work towards resolving the issue as soon as possible.

We value customer satisfaction greatly, and we appreciate all feedback and suggestions. Thank you for your support and trust in ESWING. We will continue to provide you with high-quality products and services and hope to establish a long-term cooperative relationship with you.

Best regards,

ESWING Sales Manager

• Like 1