8 minutes ago, thommy said:

I was also thinking that way;)

I was very interested in the Elite+...but seems me more a street machine....

I don't think I sell my MiniPro scout...that thing is so cute and has much power for such a small devil:ph34r:

Now placed a couple of headlights on the side of the scout frame.....rough cool fellow now :eff034a94a:

Am I hard enough?
Am I rough enough?
Am I rich enough?
I'm not too blind to see

:laughbounce2::roflmao:

IMG_20190724_162706487.jpg

11 minutes ago, trevmar said:

I suspect you will be very happy with the quality of the ES6 :clap3:

Thank You for the kind words and the 'hope' trevmar...respect:cheers:

Please let us know what you think of the ES-6+ Thommy. The Airwheel S5 is totally different from the MiniPRO. Quite stately, actually. I can feel the powerful (1500 Watt brushless) motors hunting a little when stationary on flat bitumen. It likes to keep moving, not stay still. On grass and rough ground it is  much more at home. This is going to take some getting used to... I really can't recall what the Segway I2 and X2 felt like. I need to visit our local Segway dealer again, and refresh my memory...

No problem, keep you guys updated...

Maybe I recieve the es6+ on Thursday of friday😉

The xinli contact person told me the scooter has being shipped yesterday.

Shipping from France with truck and no trackingnumber!!!

Told her I find this very strange...she confirmed this also but told me that the french warehouse  always do this thisway.

Meantime I hope for a happy ending:rolleyes:

Quick update on my Airwheel S5.

I have ridden it around the hills where the miniPRO used to beep and push-back. With the Airwheel's double-capacity battery and double-sized motors (1500W) it now takes me comfortably up and down all the hills. It is interesting that after a lot of steep hill-climbing my battery voltage display (on the handlebar console) often drops back to 1-2 bars (from 6 bars). I ease off the up-hill speed (which is indeed comfortably faster than the miniPRO) and the battery bars gradually recover back to 5 or 6. I assume the batteries are heating up under heavy load, causing the drop in indicated voltage. That is neat! It is great to know how hard I am pushing the machine... Apparently when I get to 0 bars (if that ever happens, as it has a 20+ mile range) it will slow to a stop and tilt me back 10 degrees to tell me to get off and recharge the battery. Interesting behavior.

But it is a 'stable platform'. You get on it and it moves you from point A to point B. Not fast, it prefers 10-12Km/h, with a limit at 17Km/h. You get on it, point it, and off it goes. You don't really have to ride it, just point it and lean forward/backward. The extra motor power handles my 90Kg easily. It is far closer to a Segway in handling, except that the brushless motor-in-the-wheels cogs a little with the 19" outside diameter tyres, and the platform does 'hunt' a little. Quite unlike a miniPRO. Anyway, it gets me nicely around the neighborhood, and it is totally quiet, allowing me to sneak up on the wildlife :)

• Upvote 1