ESwing ES6+

thommy

8 minutes ago, thommy said:

I was also thinking that way;)

I was very interested in the Elite+...but seems me more a street machine....

I don't think I sell my MiniPro scout...that thing is so cute and has much power for such a small devil:ph34r:

Now placed a couple of headlights on the side of the scout frame.....rough cool fellow now :eff034a94a:

Am I hard enough?
Am I rough enough?
Am I rich enough?
I'm not too blind to see

:laughbounce2::roflmao:

IMG_20190724_162706487.jpg

Please let us know what you think of the ES-6+ Thommy. The Airwheel S5 is totally different from the MiniPRO. Quite stately, actually. I can feel the powerful (1500 Watt brushless) motors hunting a little when stationary on flat bitumen. It likes to keep moving, not stay still. On grass and rough ground it is  much more at home. This is going to take some getting used to... I really can't recall what the Segway I2 and X2 felt like. I need to visit our local Segway dealer again, and refresh my memory...

No problem, keep you guys updated...

Maybe I recieve the es6+ on Thursday of friday😉

The xinli contact person told me the scooter has being shipped yesterday.

Shipping from France with truck and no trackingnumber!!!

Told her I find this very strange...she confirmed this also but told me that the french warehouse  always do this thisway.

Meantime I hope for a happy ending:rolleyes:

Quick update on my Airwheel S5.

I have ridden it around the hills where the miniPRO used to beep and push-back. With the Airwheel's double-capacity battery and double-sized motors (1500W) it now takes me comfortably up and down all the hills. It is interesting that after a lot of steep hill-climbing my battery voltage display (on the handlebar console) often drops back to 1-2 bars (from 6 bars). I ease off the up-hill speed (which is indeed comfortably faster than the miniPRO) and the battery bars gradually recover back to 5 or 6. I assume the batteries are heating up under heavy load, causing the drop in indicated voltage. That is neat! It is great to know how hard I am pushing the machine... Apparently when I get to 0 bars (if that ever happens, as it has a 20+ mile range) it will slow to a stop and tilt me back 10 degrees to tell me to get off and recharge the battery. Interesting behavior.

But it is a 'stable platform'. You get on it and it moves you from point A to point B. Not fast, it prefers 10-12Km/h, with a limit at 17Km/h. You get on it, point it, and off it goes. You don't really have to ride it, just point it and lean forward/backward. The extra motor power handles my 90Kg easily. It is far closer to a Segway in handling, except that the brushless motor-in-the-wheels cogs a little with the 19" outside diameter tyres, and the platform does 'hunt' a little. Quite unlike a miniPRO. Anyway, it gets me nicely around the neighborhood, and it is totally quiet, allowing me to sneak up on the wildlife :)

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/TZAx9jiNh1mMb2tKVEPtUwpyDx3iojg0oRXjVZ3gHKejMS9KSqbIQRDmAGz6GV7eQZITH-qzturzdAN05RsgpTtAyvr6nEfTJ_KQDGOFt-3b9YKFWjK01DS1VkOkfAk10dy7nogDpUGZA19PnBH5G6CMZhzp7wmkJeo3OZ71pBqkqCgBc6zJjQctxjxr4zRjVrsrbK6he4zH7yb9WsgVd0tS4p6BpCdBnXl_rq_ceVRroPOhFfJEUcxdPqLIU549ggXufsqX8gPt-mXhb8nY40T3YfJAwdIVR-Qo2JRu_E7_YsMfeViO3DtIZme-dXh8uwmY9GI2OkT0X6ue4E1FK8Yg1LWlY3Y7KSwka9jrWMU9gFXDbBymLsb7E0VQ2kFNbgCFWW4cB1ajBXkfd3BaTk-bS1dHM_ZNrduzkqI0WnqThZBbvowr186kXVEoVgPQgdFsHUI0DtJ-5FEPYvIov6Lq_C3ExiomYSY-pPN-FVZPEt3kdb_s7dPEIREtt7Pa2panuaAK6dSWl0LWqWhD4rn1YHsVy1-pVH6DRt8fIDZlHL2vmanlrQNwXbhhybWyG0qlcV7eFHpQXJeuwkat0GnyEN6qGk8DIPxER4umU0LkQdYVtZZMGM-6Z4tkKE7ESqnQu0JlWMQaKBw-YPzdFxcjB7vgKgSkO394GzgDEJqmSXiTnN6cmw=w703-h937-noHello friends,

It is now almost 5 weeks I am using the ES6+

Wow, wat a nice and safe scooterB)

I am now able to drive my entire route without stepping off, this is a real off-road device!

Very much power, but different in comparison by the Mini Pro, no so nervous by using its power.

This is a device the most newbe can ride, very safe and no problem to ride on very rough terrain.

Until now no much problems after +-250km, only some problems with the ESWING APP, this closes often when connecting the scooter.

Aftersale is very good, my contactperson answer always very fast, I even correspondent via WhatsApp;)

Overall I am very pleased with my ES6+ and hope I will last several years (payed 1500 Euro incl. shipping, tax....)

Someone interested in my Mini Pro Scout?:D

If you guys have a specific question...shoooot......

Best Regards...

Help, I cannot upload anymore pictures straight from my PC??

Edited by thommy
  • Like 2

Thanks for sharing, Thommy. Your description of "nervousness" when getting to the power limits of the miniPRO, and the need to "ride it carefully" is exactly what I notice when I ride my Airwheel S5. The extra motor watts, and especially the extra peak battery output, make such a difference to the 'ease' of riding. Glad to hear the ES6 works so well, maybe I should get one, as the wife hasn't been able to find a second S5 yet...

(I am keeping my miniPROs for their ease of throwing in the car when I expect less demanding riding conditions)

12 hours ago, trevmar said:

. Your description of "nervousness" when getting to the power limits of the miniPRO, and the need to "ride it carefully" is exactly what I notice when I ride my Airwheel S5. The extra motor watts, and especially the extra peak battery output, make such a difference to the 'ease' of riding. 

Hi trevmar,

You took the words right out of my mouth (could not find them in English the way you describe:D )

• Like 1

Can you update this thread with a few more details, photos of battery specs, etc.,  i cannot read your google content.  There is a US offer now for $2500, still a bit steep, but includes shipping from US.  

How do you find dealing with the large size?  What is the maximum speed you have been able to get? Any limits on going reverse?

photo of charger specs?

On 9/3/2019 at 1:54 PM, FreeRide said:

Can you update this thread with a few more details, photos of battery specs, etc.,  i cannot read your google content.  There is a US offer now for $2500, still a bit steep, but includes shipping from US.  

How do you find dealing with the large size?  What is the maximum speed you have been able to get? Any limits on going reverse?

photo of charger specs?

+1 really interested in your experience

Yesterday I decided to do some modification related to noise....

Since the 'ABS' boxes (very good quality) are on the luggage carrier I heard a sort of amplified sound...

Ordered me some square of Alubutyl Sound Insulating stuff...You know, those Car Tuner are also fan of it :D

Put it in the Boxes, did it on the inside of the mud flaps...

Whoeaa...what an effect:ph34r:

No amplified boring sound anymore, very quiet and just hear the BR motors howling (howling luke a fly...:D )

DSC-0528.jpg

DSC-0529.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 1:54 PM, FreeRide said:

photo of charger specs?

Wow, thats a lot of money:shock2:

No fotos of battery, battery pack was installed om the ES6+ and as long it is not required I am not intending to open this pack;)

No limitation on going reverse.

Limited 20km/h

The large size is for me (off road fan) a real gift in comparison the Mini Pro...

While the Mini Pro is very nervous and also very limited on aff-road ground, the ES6+ is a real supersafe vehicle that can ride on very rough terrain.

The big (balloon) wheels work as a sort suspention (90kPa/13,05psi), Those tires are tubeless type with very good grip.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Update...

After 3 1/2 months and 650km driven I have a problem by charging the es6+.

Measured the output from the loader and it only gives a 56,9V!

Result...cannot charge the batteries full, only at 50% although the led on the charger is green.

Contacted Xinli and they told me there is only a 3 months warranty on the charger, although the is a clear notice on my Invoice ' 1 year warranty guarantee'

After telling I am very dissapointed and pissed off they are willing me to send a new charger, I only have to pay €15 for shipping.

This is not the way you do business If you ask me....

Can please advice me for a alternative loader??? (DC 63V/2.0A)

7 hours ago, FreeRide said:

You can probably open up the charger and adjust it back to 63V. 

Hey FreeRide,

Done this, turn a little on the trimpot and now I have back 62,8V output.

Don't know for how long, but last reload was successfull.

What do you think about this charger:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32827642280.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.78864c4dAHISsS

4A, should this not be too much current?

16 minutes ago, thommy said:

Hey FreeRide,

Done this, turn a little on the trimpot and now I have back 62,8V output.

Don't know for how long, but last reload was successfull.

What do you think about this charger:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32827642280.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.78864c4dAHISsS

4A, should this not be too much current?

Should be fine, 4A for such a large battery is quite small, the issues is around wiring and electronics in the E6, but i don't think there is much to worry about at 4A.  See if you can find the cutoff current for the CV stage, just to make sure it will cut off correctly.  You could ask your vendor the max charge current, or check the manual carefully, sometimes it's listed even when the supplied charger is much less.  I think it is worth a try. 

If you don't need the final 15% of battery longevity you can charge each cell to 4.0V only. That will reduce the self-discharge and increase battery life. Best to keep battery more than half-full, don't let it empty out as this reduces battery life.

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of buying an ESwing or *any* other low-cost full-size self-balancing personal transporter, I cannot recommend strongly enough how much better it is to buy a pre-owned Segway PT instead.

On sites like eBay you can get a pre-owned Segway PT for a similar price (or less). What you get for your money is a beautifully engineered machine that is responsive, powerful and elegant. It will last for years to come, factory-level repair service is available in most countries, and it is easy to find 2nd hand replacement parts and accessories (including good, used battery packs) on eBay if your budget is tight. You can also get all of the replacement parts brand new from a Segway Dealer (for all 2006-2019 models), including new tyres with their clever tread pattern. Unlike the Lithium chemistries used in the knockk-off products. Segway battery packs last for many, many years and performance doesn't really degrade until close to the "end" - this goes for both the "end" being the current level of charge, and "end of life of the pack".