ESwing ES6+

thommy

Hello,

I want to buy a Segway equivalent and got interrested in the ESwing ES6+

Does someone have experience with the company Xinli Technology Co.,Ltd.?

Also please share if you have experiance with this ES6+ model?

Thank You in Advance...

thommy.

• Upvote 1

Thommy, I was looking at the ES6+. There are a number of Chinese manufacturers producing very similar clones (or maybe selling rebranded ESwing).

I ended up deciding to buy the 1500Watt Airwheel S5, even though it was discontinued last month. It has 19" tyres (3.50-R12) more suitable (IMHO) for the traveling I typically do -- less drag on bitumen. The key thing for me was that it had an in-wheel brushless motor, like my MiniPro. The Segway-style motor/gearbox in the ES6+ is something I didn't like.

But I looked into Xinli Technology and they seemed real enough. Take a look at what they sell on Aliexpress and Alibaba to get a better idea of the company.

• Upvote 1

Hi trevnar,

Thank You for your answer!

I also have a Mini Pro, tuned it to a Scout:wub:

Bought the accessoires by M4M...very nice stuff he sells (but very expensive:mellow:)

General purpose for me is riding Off-Road (letting daily my 2 Border Collies out:D)

So I think the Airwheel S5 might be not the best choice for me??

I am in contact with Xinli Technology and must say they do respond very quick, they also made me a good price incl. TAX, VAT and Customs Clearance.

They also ship the ES6+ from there  Europe warehouse (nice)

Only concern is they give 1 year warranty (in europe is 2 years common)

Despite I am very pleased with my MiniPro Scout...mostly it takes me through reasonable rough terrain, sometimes I feel that little one has to operate against its limit :(

So to spare the little one I am looking for a more powerfull seg.

Do you know if there are oftyen problems with that Segway-style motor/gearbox? or is this just a personel feeling?

Best Regards,

thommy

2019-07-15 17.41.16.jpg

• Upvote 1

My preference for the in-wheel motors is purely personal, I prefer not to have anything like a gearbox, which needs maintenance. The motors in the ES6+ are rated at 10,000 hours, which is plenty long enough. Spare motors are available on Aliexpress. Getting it from a European Warehouse is a really good benefit!  Nobody except Segway seems to be allowed to sell in the USA, they have all closed their subsidiaries here. Go for the ES6+ and let us know how it works out for you! It sure looks rugged on the videos of it in action!

Your miniPRO also looks nice and rugged with the More4Mini frame! But I found that carrying my 90Kg weight makes the 800W motors stumble at even small obstacles on or off-road. The ES6+ is 2000W (maybe 2400W) and the double-sized 64-cell battery will handle those bigger motors quite well (MiniPRO has 30 cells).

Edited by trevmar

He trevmar,

I am also 90kg, only stumble at it's limit when a unexpected hole in the ground shows up:shock2:

But as you say, with a average off-road uphill, the motors stumble once in a while/perform against it max...

Got also the prices for spare-parts ES6+:

Battery pack: USD272/pc
Mother board: USD226/pc
Brushless motor: USD80/pc
Gear box: USD120/pc.

Maybe I will order this evening a ES6+,I have a good feeling after my several contacts via email with Xinli Technology and search for comment/movies for this model on the internet....
Hope they respond as at this moment when the ES6+ is bought (aftersale??).

I'll keep you guys and girls informed......

grts
thommy

• Upvote 1

Good plan, Thommy! I am interested that they use a "brushless" motor now, as I thought the ES6 clones all used a brushed Taiwanese-import motor, to get the motor performance out of a small physically-sized motor.

That is a good price for the battery pack. Maybe it uses fewer cells than the Airwheel? I haven't looked into the ES6 as much as I should have, as it is too wide to fit though our front door, and that ruled it out of consideration :D  I am right this moment making a wire to connect my More4Mini 63V charger in place of the 67.2V charger which came with the Airwheel. There is a huge increase in battery life by taking the cells only to 4.0 volts each, rather than 4.2V, while charging. I don't need all of the battery capacity in normal use, and prefer the longer battery life. For longer trips I can still use the 67.2V charger

There is a video showing how to connect the Airwheel BMS to a home-assembled battery pack, so I am prepared to maintain my own batteries once my unit starts to show signs of wear. The batteries are key to safety on these machines. That's why Ninebot keep trying to kill us all - by putting the cheapest battery packs they can find on the models they sell now :crying:

Edited by trevmar

On 7/21/2019 at 10:59 PM, thommy said:

Does someone have experience with the company Xinli Technology Co.,Ltd.?

Hello

When you are looking for a chinese company, first look if their products have get US FCC certification (google: fcc + SHENZHEN XINLI Technology Co.,Ltd look for linkedin company page eswing/ https://fr.linkedin.com/company/shenzhen-xinli-technology-co.-ltd)

I found for you, user manual for ES6 & ES6+ https://fccid.io/2AHTH-ES1352/Users-Manual/User-manual-2987022

Here you have internal picture, external, certifications... https://fccid.io/2AHTH-ES1352

• Upvote 1

Looks like a cross between a Ninebot PTR and an offroad Segway model.

$3500 here from the US dealer.  Dealer say max speed 25km/h, but ESWING hd said 20 km/h max in the past.

Edited by FreeRide

2 hours ago, thommy said:

answer regarding batteries from xinli 

"It is with original Samsung 63v 13.2Ah battery"

Hmm, that would be 4 parallel strings of 15 cells, each of 3300maH capacity. Pretty good if that's actually what they ship.

Interesting that they use an RFID card to switch the device on and off.

Hi FreeRide,

Crazy prices:wacko:

I recommend you to take directly contact xinly.

I am from Europe and they answer very fast and made me an Proforma Invoice with a very good price. Total amount for all items (includes customs clearance, tax, VAT) are written on the PI

2 hours ago, thommy said:

Seems all good?

For company's reliability il think its Ok

For specs & price,  needs think to buy spare parts maybe will be costly to import... 

User manual gives all specs please have a look inside

Please compare to elite ptr or mini modeles

I saw european resellers i think you could find one and test it

Custom scout mini version from more4mini is good and cheaper 

Edited by jojo33

Now I am not so long familiar with a Self balancing scooter, got a question for the experience experts....

Is it more stable to ride on a bigger device than on a MiniPro?

Despite I am already handy after a few weeks with my MiniPro, sometimes I find it not so easy to drive up on a small platform from a standstill .

Do you experts think the bigger and heavyer devices with there 19" wheels are in this case more stable and safer ??

10 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

For company's reliability il think its Ok

For specs & price,  needs think to buy spare parts maybe will be costly to import... 

User manual gives all specs please have a look inside

Please compare to elite ptr or mini modeles

I saw european resellers i think you could find one and test it

Custom scout mini version from more4mini is good and cheaper 

Hi jojo33,

They have some spareparts in there European ware houses she told me.

If I buy a ES6+, it will be delivered from the France warehouse, they also have another warehouse in Poland as she said.

20 minutes ago, thommy said:

Is it more stable to ride on a bigger device than on a MiniPro

À Mini Is part of your body,  mini fit to your body,  à personal transporter like your es6+ is really big its like Japanese mecha for me

I think both are stable to ride

"Safer" All is in your riding attitude

Riding mini more than 200km bring you a real knowledge of the machine attitude

Back to home with your mini weight 13kg after an accident is more easy i think

If your choice this tank please dont destroy Nature

Edited by jojo33

Which devices can fît to your Mind? 

Some loves Euc others kick scooter,  me im happy with my Mini because its really the device than my mind need

Do you imagine yourself riding your es6+ you can imagine you riding all fields you know in your neighborhood?  If yes,  buy it

:efee8319ab:

9 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

À Mini Is part of your body,  mini fit to your body,  à personal transporter like your es6+ is really big its like Japanese mecha for me

I think both are stable to ride

"Safer" All is in your riding attitude

Riding mini more than 200km bring you a real knowledge of the machine attitude

Back to home with your mini weight 13kg after an accident is more easy i think

If your choice this tank please dont destroy Nature

No problem, I love Nature and be the first to protect!

I am also not that type 'the bigger, the better'

It is just I have a Achilles Heel injury for almost about 1 year and I don't know at this moment it will heal completely in time:(

Before the injury I walked during the weekdays 7 to 9 km daily with my two Border Collies,  during the weekends we go walking for 20km and more...

Now I cant do this anymore I am looking for the best solution...so I came by the Self balancing Scooters

Not knowing If I could ride on such a divice with my injury...but it turned to very good for me, it even give me a foot massage when riding this B)

We go most of the time off  road on official walking trails shown on the maps...

I will never destroy our beautifull nature, thats for shure!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, thommy said:

Now I am not so long familiar with a Self balancing scooter, got a question for the experience experts....

Is it more stable to ride on a bigger device than on a MiniPro?

Despite I am already handy after a few weeks with my MiniPro, sometimes I find it not so easy to drive up on a small platform from a standstill .

Do you experts think the bigger and heavyer devices with there 19" wheels are in this case more stable and safer ??

I think this can be quite personal.  All I can say is that the riding the larger PTR Elite to me seems less stable than the Mini Pro, but terrain could make a difference.  The Elite also can not go backward very quickly and tries to brake itself and crap when you hit the limit with no warning.  I think it is very dangerous to go reverse on.  I think with the larger PTR is also easier to get one wheel with different traction and thus spin and you don't want any of them to spin as the amount of torque that they have at that point will throw you easily, or create bad injuries.  

Not really related to size, but I think the handlebar is inherently less safe than the knee controller for a couple of reasons, but the main one if that it is human nature to grab something when you become unbalanced, and the handle bar on a self balancing device is the last thing you want to grab and put weight on. 

The big 19" fat tires of that model should provide a very different experience than either the Elite or Mini-Pro so you are just going to have to try it.  It looks like you'll be higher and have to content with the wider wheel base which can be a problem on 2 wheel devices as it may be easier to get differing traction if you clip something.  on some trails/paths the width could be an issue.

Even after 500km on the MiniPro my body was still molding to the minipro and adapting to how to handle the unseen pot-hole and stuff the best way.  The year has been really great on the mini-pro with over 1000km and my new platform with very good grip-tape (knock on wood).  I have adapted a little better to the PTR Elite as well, but I think I have only around 200km on that. There are certainly some terrain where the Mini Pro has a hard time where I think that ES6+ should have no issues if it has the right power behind the wheels.  That's pretty much true for all the different PEVs though.  I have not yet found terrain where i think the PTR Elite is better than the mini-pro strangely enough.

It looks like the ES6+ is sold under many names, well I mean the basic model, but the devil is in the details.  The motor, the voltage, the battery capacity, etc.  It seems like the ESwing ES6+ has the premium motor, and a good battery pack, if you get what you are showing in this thread.  Hopefully they don't say one thing, but something else ships, I've seen some good prices, but when I look the battery or the motor are the first short comings I see.  However; even there you never know because the specs provided on any of these things could be wrong.  It's not often I see a listing on ebay for something even a bit technical that has the right specs, or the full specs.  Things like the price they quoted you for that battery pack though sets off alarms, that price does not seem to align at all with the battery pack they say is shipping with the device.

Edited by FreeRide
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the reactions friends, I learn a lot from this.

By the way, just placed the order and the PTR should be delivered within 5 or 6 days as she told me.

Now wait and see....

Experience tell me that you always have to see whats good/bad with many of those Chinese advices....

grts

thommy

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, thommy said:

By the way, just placed the order and the PTR should be delivered within 5 or 6 days as she told me.

Now wait and see....

Nice!  Looking forward to hearing how about your ES6+ experience.  

Those large wide tires should handle trails with lots of tree roots quite well, not to mention possibly many beach conditions.  I consider the Ninebot PTR Elite+ more of a street machine, and my MiniPro a more all rounder.  The ES6+ looks like it can definitely take on some trails I would not go on with the mini-pro.

Edited by FreeRide

6 hours ago, jojo33 said:

...with american patents....:roflmao:

Typically Chineze...they do this with lots of other stuff!

Sometimes is it even better than originel, mostly we can speak of a weakly rip-off.

Let's hope it is the first.....

Wich scares me the most is the durability of most off these chinese things....

I am speaking of mostly gadgets between 10 and 99 USD, never bought a thing that is so expensive:shock2:

O yes, the nice lady with the typical Western name (always when mailing with chinese sellers :lol: ) from Xinly has informed me that she already arranged the delivery, she told: 

its volume is so big that it needs to be delivered by truck delivery

Wait and see (and hope...)

3 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Nice!  Looking forward to hearing how about your ES6+ experience.  

Those large wide tires should handle trails with lots of tree roots quite well, not to mention possibly many beach conditions.  I consider the Ninebot PTR Elite+ more of a street machine, and my MiniPro a more all rounder.  The ES6+ looks like it can definitely take on some trails I would not go on with the mini-pro.

I was also thinking that way;)

I was very interested in the Elite+...but seems me more a street machine....

I don't think I sell my MiniPro scout...that thing is so cute and has much power for such a small devil:ph34r:

Now placed a couple of headlights on the side of the scout frame.....rough cool fellow now :eff034a94a:

11 minutes ago, thommy said:

Wich scares me the most is the durability of most off these chinese things....

I am speaking of mostly gadgets between 10 and 99 USD, never bought a thing that is so expensive:shock2:

The miniPRO really is very good engineering, when you look at it as closely as I have. There is a blog by Ninebot engineers which shows they really did contemplate a lot more than merely  a "ripoff" or "copy."  Unfortunately the firmware is inadequate to cope with the complexity of riding possibilities, and the inadequate motor power for a 90Kgm rider forced me to look at the Airwheel S5 - which is also beautifully engineered. I suspect you will be very happy with the quality of the ES6 :clap3:

Edited by trevmar