KS18L - Reliability of the lift sensors detection

cbgti

Sometimes, I have some bugs with Lift sensors to cut the motor when I lift my KS18L...

I have this wheel since one year now.

I know that the wheel must be at 0km/h to activate the fonction.

I made lots of setting (calibration of the sensors, thighten (or not) the screws of the sensors) but after I make a ride w
on it, my lift sensor don't work correctly.

I checked in the app and there is no malfunction with the two sensors (Sensor A and B are OK).

When my KS18L leave the ground, I have the double-bip (motor cut activated) but EVEN I don't move, often, the wheel bips and the motor is re-engaged... Evidently, the wheel goes to the maximum speed with the voice message "Please Deccelerate!"...    Not very discret...

Is somebody here with ZERO problem with this lift sensor cut fontion?

Is it a magical solution to increase the reliability of this fonction?

27 minutes ago, cbgti said:

Sometimes, I have some bugs with Lift sensors to cut the motor when I lift my KS18L...

I have this wheel since one year now.

I know that the wheel must be at 0km/h to activate the fonction.

I made lots of setting (calibration of the sensors, thighten (or not) the screws of the sensors) but after I make a ride w
on it, my lift sensor don't work correctly.

I checked in the app and there is no malfunction with the two sensors (Sensor A and B are OK).

When my KS18L leave the ground, I have the double-bip (motor cut activated) but EVEN I don't move, often, the wheel bips and the motor is re-engaged... Evidently, the wheel goes to the maximum speed with the voice message "Please Deccelerate!"...    Not very discret...

Is somebody here with ZERO problem with this lift sensor cut fontion?

Is it a magical solution to increase the reliability of this fonction? 

Actually i am quite happy with my lift sensor, as it works 98% of the time.

Yes, the last 2 percent i pick it up, the Wheel first stops and then reengage, but as i hear the reengaging Beeps before, i can react.

Most important is a proper sensor calibration by app.

Which means in the first 5 Beep series, dont touch the Wheel, and on the second  Beep series, just lift it up. That should do the trick.

• Like 1

Yeah man, my lift sensors made my wheel crazy anytime I tried to use them. Disabling them with the latest FW, everything is good. I really really tried to use my lift sensor, and it was just not a very good thing for me. Seem to cause all sorts of problems.

Maybe try disabling it and riding a while? Not a great solution, but it works for me.

Otherwise you may have a controller board problem.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:55 AM, Eddie A. Steiner said:

I can't read the instructions. HELP!

According to @US69 : "in the first 5 Beep series, dont touch the Wheel, and on the second  Beep series, just lift it up. That should do the trick."