DrakeParagon

new question: iPhone App for Gotway?

Hi, total newbie question - what iOS apps do people use with their Gotway EUCs?

I see on my Gotway app on iPhone that my Nikola is set to mode: strong.  But there doesn't seem to be any way I can change it.  When I click on the settings icon the app always crashes. :(

Is there a way to set the riding mode of a Nikola on an iPhone?  

Many thanks,

29 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Darknessbot

Thanks meepmeep. I've been using darknessbot on iOS, but I can't find any options in it for changing the riding mode on a Nikola. :( 

Edited by DrakeParagon

Sorry I thought Darknessbot can do that.

If the Gotway app doesn't work on your iPhone, I guess you need an Android phone...

Edited by meepmeepmayer
spelling

Apparently there are two Gotway apps on the iOS App Store and only one works. Maybe you have the wrong one. All credit goes to @Jia Liu for this information.

There are two Gotway apps in the App Store: one is just called “GotWay” with white background icon and last updated 3 years ago; the other is called “kebye gotway” with dark background icon, and updated 4 month ago. I installed the second one. My phone is iPhone X with 12.4 iOS, if that helps.

Thanks but I’m using the right app, just crashes when clicking on settings.  Can’t setup my wheel 

30 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

Thanks but I’m using the right app, just crashes when clicking on settings.  Can’t setup my wheel 

That’s weird, the app works flawlessly for me so far (knock on wood). I’ve changed settings many times. The only thing I can’t figure out is the bluetooth speaker, tried to turn it on, heard the beep from the wheel, then it’s off again. But I never use the speaker in the wheels anyways, so no big deal for me.

I am able to send audio to the Nikola's bluetooth speakers using my iPhone 7 and my iPod touch just fine.  But when I choose settings in the Gotway iOS app it always crashes.  I hope they fix the app.  I'd hate to have to purchase an Android phone just to change the settings on my Nikola.

I just bought a cheap android phone, used the android GW app and set the wheel up, now the iOS app works without crashing, so strange