Amazon Selling V5f for £309! (UK)!!

AlexEssex

Decisions, decisions?

I am just about to buy a used E+ thats in fair condition for a bargain price of £230, now this appeals to me because its quite scuffed and scratched and will be great for learning on, so not to worried to add my learning mistake marks too. When Ive git the hang of it, I can always buy new pads etc and make it look refurbed again! 

Now, Amazon are selling the Inmotion V5f in black for the super cheap price of £306 plus £10 postage, its not amazon them self, just a UK seller selling through them. The company is UK based, have 93% amazon positive feedback and says they can deliver by Saturday if I buy today.

Now if a deal seems too good to be true, it usually is. I am very sceptical and Im not sure if the item is fake etc...I have literally no idea.

They are even selling Ninebot S2's for £290!!

Is this just a great find, or a scam!

I wanna buy, but am scared at the same time!

What should I do?

There are 9 units for sale.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inmotion-Unisexs-Electric-Unicycle-14-Inch/dp/B01M8I285N

(I am in no way related/linked/associated with the seller, a reseller or Amazon)

• Upvote 2

You didn't find a bargain. You just found the cheapest/worst unicycles available. ;)

V5F - 550W, S2 - 500W, E+ - 500W.

I paid £700 for KS16S which is 1200W, which is almost exactly the same GBP/W.

Battery wise - V5F is 320Wh.

I paid £700 for KS16S with 840Wh, which is almost exactly the same GBP/W.

Also, V5F is 14' - you'll have way less off-road possibilities than any 16' wheel.

They may suit your needs. They wouldn't suit mine [I can't imagine myself riding anything less powerful and with lower range than my KS16S].

Edited by atdlzpae

2 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

Neither a great find nor a scam. The truth is simple: These are weak and old unicycles with small batteries.

V5F - 550W, S2 - 500W, E+ - 500W.

I paid £700 for KS16S which is 1200W, which is almost exactly the same GBP/W.

Battery wise - V5F is 320Wh.

I paid £700 for KS16S with 840Wh, which is almost exactly the same GBP/W.

Also, V5F is 14' - you'll have way less off-road possibilities than any 16' wheel.

You didn't find a bargain. You just found the cheapest/worst unicycles available. ;)

They may suit your needs. They wouldn't suit mine [I can't imagine myself riding anything less powerful and with lower range than my KS16S].

Try finding the V5 or V5f anywhere online for this price? Regardless of the rating, you cant find this product any cheaper or anywhere close. Maybe Gearbest for another £50 but thats in China too and one heck of a wait for delivery!

I was able to find S2 for almost new for £254.13  [6km ridden total]: https://www.olx.pl/oferta/ninebot-one-s2-6-km-przebiegu-hulajnoga-CID767-IDALyOZ.html

You're both right about V5F. I can't find it anywhere for such price. ;)
It may be the wheel for you if it's not a scam.

Edited by atdlzpae

Atdlzpae - unfortanely I dont have £700 to spend on my first wheel, If I did I would be riding Planemo's Z6 with £100 change in my pocket lol! I wish I could spend that amount of money, but I simply couldnt and wouldnt as I dont have much money. However I can scrape £400 tops and that would be a VERY nice treat. I have to live within my means Im afraid, the joys of being paid minimum wage with a family lol. No hard feelings. I didnt take it the wrong way lol 😀

I am sorry. :( I sometimes forget myself.

These are definitely not too-good-too-be-true offers for S2 and E+. With V5F please be careful, read reviews of the seller and maybe call them and ask why they're selling (if second hand).

Edited by atdlzpae

2 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

Yes, I am sorry. :( I sometimes forget myself.

These are definitely not too-good-too-be-true offers for S2 and E+. With V5F please be careful, read reviews of the seller and maybe call them and ask why they're selling (if second hand).

Yep definitely, trying to do an indepth web search on company, but cant find much at all. Ive sent seller a message on Amazon too. Will wait and see!

My commute to work is just concrete paths and concrete roads, and tbh I cant really see me doing off road at all. My EUC will literally be a 2.5mile commute each way to work (all tarmac paths and road) and doing a run to my local shop (Aldi, fastfood collection, send a small parcel in rucksack etc). Maybe take my daughter on her scooter to park. So the on-road thing is fine! Still to decide really. A 'very well used' 16" E+ for £230 or a brand new 14" V5F for £309. Not sure what to do!

2 hours ago, Planemo said:

What did you find out about them Alex? At least with Amazon you are covered if you had of ordered I guess.

Well, I thought it was dodgy because they were also selling £1250 Gotways for £600 as well as about 20,000 other products. Seller has also either changed name or been removed because the seller cant be found. Item is now full item price, delivery is £15 more, and all his items appear to be listed on the exact same day together, has very little recent feedback for months, his address is just a normal house so items are coming from somewhere, surely not his registered house. Something does not add up whys hes not there anymore. My instinct was right.

• Upvote 1

This E+ I want only has 180 miles on it. Comes boxed with all original unused accessories and rubber strips if i want to stick on, also comes with trolley handle, valve adaptor, manual and in very good condition. Seller wants £350. Or I have an option to purchase a very used E+ but with no box, no accessories, just a charger & in very well used condition, no trolley handle and an average battery, but seller wants £230 plus fuel money for delivery. So ive gone for the £350 sale. I feel very happy with this deal!