Smart self balancing electric scooter hover board Fault diagnosis and Repair

jjchan

need help.. my hoverboard worked fine till the plate broke. replaced it but now one side is spinning at super high speed. I touch the pad either direction it goes instant high speed. Its right side. Left side seems weak but is stable. i touch its pad either way and the direction does not change.. Did i maybe crack the circuit board when it snapped.. The plate broke on that side near the middle. I cant find any answers to this issue. please help

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2017 at 3:49 PM, vernoid said:

need help.. my hoverboard worked fine till the plate broke. replaced it but now one side is spinning at super high speed. I touch the pad either direction it goes instant high speed. Its right side. Left side seems weak but is stable. i touch its pad either way and the direction does not change.. Did i maybe crack the circuit board when it snapped.. The plate broke on that side near the middle. I cant find any answers to this issue. please help

Hi @vernoid,

It could be due to a few reasons:

1. The Hoverboard pressure sensor nipples might be too elongated to an extent that they seem that the slightest of pressure is asking the board to go full pelt. You can check yourself, and if so, snip less than a mm off it at the top.

2. The Blue, Yellow and Green connectors on the motor might not be properly connected or incorrectly connected. Check that again. This could be why it is responding strangely.

3. The board might simply need a reset/recalibration.

Hope this helps.

Edited by SWEGWAY-PRO
typo

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/21/2018 at 9:24 PM, MystDiamond_TDCL said:

HEY 

I NEED HELP WITH MY HOVERBOARD IT WONT TURN ON IT WONT CHARGE AND WHEN THE CHARGER IS IN THE BOX IS FLASHING RED AND THE HOVERBOARD IS LIKE TWITCHING AND IF YOU PUSH DOWN ON THE BATTERIE SIDE THE TWITCHING GETS WORSE

IF YOU GUYS KNOW WHATS GOING ON PLZ LET ME KNOW! THANK YOU

Hi @MystDiamond_TDCL

It sounds like either your battery needs replacing or your motherboard is fried.

Best Wishes

SWEGWAY-PRO
https://www.swegway-pro.co.uk/

• 2 years later...

My daugher's Jester hover board is not working correctly on the power side.  When she gets on it no lights flash or it doesn't shut down it just doesn't roll smoothly.  It's almost as if she is jerking forward a little at a time.  I tried to factory reset it, and the same thing is still happening.  I took it apart to make sure nothing was loose and causing a glitch everything seemed good... as far as i can tell.  Any suggestions? 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi my aeroboard doesn’t want to charge, charger stays green (light) regardless.

any idea what the 3 pins should be giving in the charger connector do I can check it please?

thanks 

• 2 years later...