Gotway MSuper X 84V 1859Wh

That looks like just an extra 20 cell pack added, to go from 20s6p to 20s7p. 20*3.7V*3500mAh = 259Wh extra.

If it's really 84V, nothing wrong with it.

-

Are you sure it is 84V? Because there's a 100V 1845Wh (or a number in that area) MSX floating around. And the battery config there is a hackjob where they use a normal 84V wheel with two 800Wh batteries and then put a 16.8V pack (presumably even without any BMS) in series to get 100.8V. See here:

That's not how you should build battery packs. Personally I wouldn't buy a wheel like this without a proper battery configuration. For comparison, the 1845Wh Nikola just has 3 100V packs in parallel, everything fine there.

So be sure it's not that, but really a 84V mod.

21 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

That looks like just an extra 20 cell pack added, to go from 20s6p to 20s7p. 20*3.7V*3500mAh = 259Wh extra.

-

Are you sure it is 84V? Because there's a 100V 1845Wh (or a number in that area) MSX floating around. And the battery config there is a hackjob where they use a normal 84V wheel with two 800Wh batteries and then put a 16.8V pack (presumably even without any BMS) in series to get 100.8V. See here:

That's not how you should build battery packs. Personally I wouldn't buy a wheel like this without a proper battery configuration. For comparison, the 1845Wh Nikola just has 3 100V packs in parallel, everything fine there.

each pack has it's own BMS  I saw it inside .. it's very well done.. the guy who is making these he is electrical engineer he wouldn't put out unit that is not safe.. that would go against his own business.  Also Gotway had approved that mod and they wouldn't just say ok to it if it would be not be safe..
Daniel who makes them he loves batteries.. building and working with BMS's and looking at the technical part.. if you find time, maybe hit him up and he can share his knowledge, what he does for testing.. discharge.. temp monitoring  etc

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Retrovertigo said:

Is there more than one "official" configuration? I notice on Speedyfeet they have this listed as 1600wh, but there is a drop down box (which is empty) suggesting that at some point they have had another configuration on sale? Cheers

Probably 1300Wh. Which is the same battery as 1600Wh but with smaller capacity cells.

Gotway also offers 650Wh and 800Wh where the wheel has just one of the respective battery packs on one side instead of two (one on each side) for 1300/1600. But the Western sellers seem to skip those, as well as 1300Wh.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/15/2019 at 2:39 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

-

Why would you think there is no BMS for the extra battery, do you have proof?

3 hours ago, Archee Jan Bloch said:

each pack has it's own BMS  I saw it inside .. it's very well done.. the guy who is making these he is electrical engineer he wouldn't put out unit that is not safe.. that would go against his own business.  Also Gotway had approved that mod and they wouldn't just say ok to it if it would be not be safe..
Daniel who makes them he loves batteries.. building and working with BMS's and looking at the technical part.. if you find time, maybe hit him up and he can share his knowledge, what he does for testing.. discharge.. temp monitoring  etc

I was going to type this, but had to keep quiet.. i already made a video with Daniel. 

@Afeez Kay Well, I've been told otherwise (in private, you might be able to guess by whom) how "good" the concept of the 84V + 16.8V solution is and that the guy apparently didn't seem very knowledgable when asked some questions. I don't have the electrical knowledge to judge the build and say who is right and who is not (I only have third party info anyways, so I can't say exactly what happened).

With all the crap the manufacturers are pulling, I'm just very sensitized about stuff like this where I'm not sure if it is good.

(Your visit and video is still highly appreciated! Don't get me wrong.  I didn't mean to seem hostile towards this mod or unappreciative of your efforts. But nothing is more frustrating to me than the perpetual uncertainty about the electronics of our wheels, and this is another case. Maybe I am too harsh here, I don't know. Sometimes I just wish for something that nobody can complain about.)

-

Anyways, this thread is about the 84V extended battery MSX where everything seems fine:) (Maybe even the 100V one is fine. Maybe not. I can't tell.)

Here's the 100V extended battery MSX discussion for anyone who is interested:

Edited by meepmeepmayer
clarification

4 hours ago, Afeez Kay said:

I was going to type this, but had to keep quiet.. i already made a video with Daniel. 

I know.. he didn't want to details but better keep people informed about his knowledge and  liability rather than speculate .. it's really well made..  note all that he is not making the extra packs.. he has professional service that does hundreds of packs doing it daily on automated machine.. so the quality is there.. I just hate seeing speculations  Dan is good chap, it's easy to write bad stuff or misinformation..  then also comes the jealousy behind that idea but like me.. I built my own pack to suit me.. so it's not really that difficult.. of course if you know what you are doing

• Like 2

16 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Afeez Kay Well, I've been told otherwise (in private, you might be able to guess by whom) how "good" the concept of the 84V + 16.8V solution is and that the guy apparently didn't seem very knowledgable when asked some questions. I don't have the electrical knowledge to judge the build and say who is right and who is not (I only have third party info anyways, so I can't say exactly what happened).

With all the crap the manufacturers are pulling, I'm just very sensitized about stuff like this where I'm not sure if it is good.

(Your visit and video is still highly appreciated! Don't get me wrong.  I didn't mean to seem hostile towards this mod or unappreciative of your efforts. But nothing is more frustrating to me than the perpetual uncertainty about the electronics of our wheels, and this is another case. Maybe I am too harsh here, I don't know. Sometimes I just wish for something that nobody can complain about.)

-

Anyways, this thread is about the 84V extended battery MSX where everything seems fine:) (Maybe even the 100V one is fine. Maybe not. I can't tell.)

Here's the 100V extended battery MSX discussion for anyone who is interested:

No Worries.. it's fine. Just weary of miss-information, hence why i traveled to Gdansk to see and ride the wheel myself @Archee Jan Bloch who is a lot more knowledgeable about electronics also vetted this mod. 

• 1 year later...