Ext battery for ninebot e+?

eddiejoker

External battery will only charge the internal battery at a fairly slow rate (about the same as the wall charger, or maybe a little bit faster?), so if using it while riding, you'll be discharging the internal battery faster than the external one is charging it. Also, Ninebot uses a "non-standard" (well, there aren't really any standards with EUCs at least yet) 15S -battery configuration (55.5V nominal voltage), whereas pretty much all other wheels (except Solowheel) use 16S (57.6-59.2V, usually rounded to 60V nominal). So if you get an external battery, be sure to get the correct configuration/voltage to avoid problems. Better solution for most wheels would be more batteries in parallel, but you can't fit more packs into a Ninebot (it's already 15S2P and there's no more room), only change them into 15S2P-pack using 3.5Ah cells (55.5V * 3.5Ah * 2 = 388Wh) and that's pretty much the maximum at this point. You maybe could wire an external battery in parallel with the existing battery to get some more capacity (make sure the cells match and they're at the same voltage when connecting to prevent sparking / rushing current damaging either...)

Oh right, forgot about that. Look for "Lemo plug", not sure about the size, you can measure it from your 'bot.

Sure. In that thread I wrote down the part number of the connector, and details about voltage and current to charge the battery as the original ac charger do it.

do u use ext battery for e+? I lately tried riding far distance and found my e+ battery is not enough for a round trip... Instead of changing a new wh euc, I'm thinking to buy an external battery for that?

what's your view? Thanks!

I got an additional ninebot battery because I was having the same issue. I rigged the Ninebot leg rest cover with magnets and cut off the plastic parts that had the screws going through it. I can exchange the battery under a minute without having to take the LED light off or having to carry a screw driver around at all times.

I got an additional ninebot battery because I was having the same issue. I rigged the Ninebot leg rest cover with magnets and cut off the plastic parts that had the screws going through it. I can exchange the battery under a minute without having to take the LED light off or having to carry a screw driver around at all times.

are the magnets strong enough, to keep the leg rest cover closed when the euc falls? ...because the battery is heavy and I believe that it will go out flying in the case of a strike...

You really don't want any of these batteries to go flying across the pavement / road anytime!

I fly R/C helicopters and had a 10cell LiPo 3700mAh (37v nominal) fall out of the boot of the car when I opened it up at home - had backed the car up to the garage and opened the garage door so there wasn't too much room for manoeuver! - it hit the ground and started 'fizzing', then the smoke poured out and quickly engulfed the car and garage entrance.  I had to rush inside, grab a shovel, scoop it up, and throw it into the open garden before the flames started getting out of hand all while holding my breath!

You can't put one of these things out once they decide to 'go up' all you can do is keep a safe distance and, preferably, downwind of the fumes.

That was some time ago now and I remember it costing me at least £250 for the pack (good job I'd had it for over six months and it was well used!).

Take it easy on these Lithium Battery packages - even plugging them in / unplugging repeatedly introduces some risk as the connectors wear / arc etc. and NEVER be tempted to open them up in any way unless you have all the necessary tools / skills / understanding to deal with what you find inside :) We are always told ONLY to charge the packs (OK, they're not as powerful in general as the ones in our EUC's) under supervision, on a 'non-combustable' surface, and with plenty of ventilation.  How many of us plug the charger in and leave it overnight in the hallway of our previous homes while we, and our loved ones, sleep soundly - and blissfully ignorant of the risks - close by?

As already mentioned, 'parallel'ing of these packs needs to be carefully considered - cells have to be matched, especially if externally coupled.  I'd always recommend using up one pack, stopping, disconnecting the used one, connecting a freshly charged on, and continuing rather than trying to do it all with trailing wires / mismatched power ratings etc.

are the magnets strong enough, to keep the leg rest cover closed when the euc falls? ...because the battery is heavy and I believe that it will go out flying in the case of a strike...

yeah they're strong. I also wedged a piece of cardboard at the bottom and it feels very secure

Archived