Securing the Nikola handle

h3X

So I tried the Nikola lately and had a little spill. The trolley handle came loose and got bent. So obviously it needs to be secured better. My initial idea was to stick velcro along the length of the handle and the case side facing it. Has anyone tried it? Any better ideas?  

I really love this style of handle and think it's the best type for euc, but apparently it needs to work out these quirks.

1 hour ago, h3X said:

So I tried the Nikola lately and had a little spill. The trolley handle came loose and got bent. So obviously it needs to be secured better. My initial idea was to stick velcro along the length of the handle and the case side facing it. Has anyone tried it? Any better ideas?  

I really love this style of handle and think it's the best type for euc, but apparently it needs to work out these quirks.

Velcro would work, but it wears out.

I would use a magnet, but that would probably involve a bit more modification 

14 minutes ago, h3X said:

I don't think a magnet would be strong enough to keep it secure during a forceful crash.

something like a 20 or even 30mm neodymium would absolutely be secure enough.. if it were me i would glue one on to the top of the nikola where the handle goes in the recess, and then i would take the rubber grip off the handle and stick the other one inside there... you could also use velcro or some other kind of strap but that would be annoying when carrying it to avoid it for the lift sensor and annoying when you want to trolley as youd have to peel it off and stick it back on again.. i would get an adjustable strap with a nylon side release buckle over velcro if i was going the strap route

srbb-2-fnw-350x250.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...