US-China Trade War

Kens

On 7/11/2019 at 8:00 PM, LanghamP said:

And the US is full of these old super (poisoned) sites! Ridiculous that US citizens want to import that shit back here via industry and mining, when our quality of life greatly improved once we moved it out.

The problem in general is people tend to take the good stuff in our lives from granted, without regards to how these things came into place or how quickly they can disappear if we change some things.

I see exactly the same in Europe, where more and more people want to get rid of the European Union. They want that all while at the same time living the good live thanks to:

- no more roaming costs (you can go anywhere in the EU with your mobile phone and call and use data at the same price as at home)

- in lots of countries you pay with the same currency (no need for exchanging money, being stuck with coins and notes you will store somewhere to forget you have them on your next trip, and losing money every time you exchange your currency)

- you can easily order online from plenty of stores in other EU countries, with cheap shipping and no taxation / import duties to pay, or just buy stuff abroad and bring it with you.

- you can easily move around between countries without losing heaps of times at customs or needing visa/documents/...

- you can go work in any country in the EU

- certification for food / toys / ... is regulated on a European level, so you know that the norms applied are the same everywhere and that there is verification of the safety of consumer goods. Same for the contents of certain foods/drinks. It is regulated what can can't be in some of those things so at least you know that the name represents a certain set of ingredients

- the fact that we have 1 market gives us a lot more negotiation leverage when discussing for instance the above point

- stability and therefore peace

- I can go on and on

But no, we want to throw all that under the bus (imagine negotiating all the above points except of course for the currency, which would simply be impossible, in bilateral agreements with all other countries individually, or what importance a small country like Belgium or The Netherlands would have when negotiating trade with a country such as the USA ... what a nightmare) because FOREIGNERS, REFUGEES and ISLAM!!!!

Same with Brexit. Most brexiteers insist on getting stuff back to the UK which is already under UK supervision. They want to take back control over their borders. Well guess what, the UK is not a part of Schengen, so they do already have control over their borders. You can't just go visit the UK without passing border control. They want to get rid of all the money going to Europe, in the mean time forgetting the money Europe pours into certain regions in the UK. And then all of the sudden they realise that if they get their "hard border", there will also be a "hard border" between the United Kingdom and Ireland, because Ireland stays in the EU, and nobody really has a solution for that.

And then they want to turn the clock back to a pre-EU period and negotiate trade independently, as if the EU never existed, getting mad at the EU for not wanting to play along in their game. Well, guess what, if you decide to divorce from me how do you expect me to behave as if we were never together before and negotiate stuff from a neutral standpoint? That's not going to happen, moreover as doing this would show other countries with lots of nationalist citizens that there is an easy way out if they feel like it. They like to use Switzerland as the perfect example, while not understanding that:

- Switzerland pays the EU and has to implement a lot of EU rules to have access to the EU market

- Switzerland has no part in the EU decision taking process while having to apply those rules (what do you prefer, having to implement rules and have a say in them, or having to implement them without having a say in them?)

- These constructions are such a clusterfuck that the EU rather not do this again and I guess in hindsight they would have never done them in the first place.

- Switzerland is part of Schengen, unlike the UK

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland–European_Union_relations

/rant over

• Like 1

Oh boy .. just watched it. My first idea "WTF, spraying oil on roads, that will be good for the soil ..." little did I know of what was coming next.

This is just insane, and I guess just one story out of many. Pretty sure we don't know half of what happens with some industrial waste, even with the chemical knowledge and regulations we have today.

2 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Oh boy .. just watched it. My first idea "WTF, spraying oil on roads, that will be good for the soil ..." little did I know of what was coming next.

This is just insane, and I guess just one story out of many. Pretty sure we don't know half of what happens with some industrial waste, even with the chemical knowledge and regulations we have today.

Used oil and rubber is bad enough, and commonly used for roads and parking lots, but dioxide is on another level entirely. Industrial waste is best moved out of your country, although favor not making the product in the first place. Now while the video showed all those houses being bought out by the Federal Government Superfund, that still means that expense was paid for, but distributed among many.

Gas stations are almost always huge and deadly polluters, and are often super fund sites that cost 2 or 3 million dollars to clean up. The benzene vapors are known to be dangerous, and decommissioned gas stations almost always have rusted and leaking underground tanks. And all gas stations will eventually have severe end of life problems, because the equipment is both useless and contaminated. Ridiculous that the cost of decommissioned gas stations aren't taken into account, because the cost of clean up of a 20 year gas station (their lifespan) can easily exceed whatever profits they make. That is, the taxes from such a gas station is likely not to cover the cost of tax payer clean up.

In contrast, a charge plug leaks no dangerous chemicals, and the copper wire can be easily salvaged and sold. Even if you have to spend a million dollars putting in the heaviest duty charging station (appropriate for city buses, trailers, etc...), it's still several times cheaper than Superfunding a contaminated gas stations.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Undoubtedly the real culprit is insanely high levels of consumerism that everyone, but particularly US citizens, are guilty of.

(with my apologize for translation)

There is not one nation in the world that has nothing to reproach itself with this high level of consumerism.

I position myself solely on the strategies of what I know: Xiaomi Segway Ninebot.
I asked a Chinese NGO last year to infiltrate a Ninebot factory, I wanted to know if there were children working there, I wanted to know the number of hours of work daily workers.
It was too early for this request...
Today it would be interesting if there is an investigation: the production of kickscooter since last September increase a lot on the production sites of Ninebot / xiaomi (M365 or ES2 is the same factory)
There was more than a million Xiaomi / Segway kickscooter manufactured in less than ten months
At this moment, every three days, there is a shipment from Ninebot (Changzhou) to Segway and free floating companies in USA (1 to 10  containers by shipment)  https://panjiva.com/Ninebot-Changzhou-Tech-Co-Ltd/42204125 and others from Ninebot Tianjin https://cn.panjiva.com/Ninebot-Tianjin-Co-Ltd/30824584

About Europa, i don't find, i guess it's with China-europe rail freight. I learned from this forum, that taxes in the US are different than in Europe, 

It's a total madness to flood the whole world with kick scooters
It's a real chaos in the cities, every city and country had to create laws in a very short time, This is unheard. USA, Europe, ASIA, everywhere
These laws do not consider experienced and passionate users, they rely on rental companies.

And the idea of mass kickscooter rental, in capitals all over the world, comes from Xiaomi Segway Ninebot (announced at IIA FranKfurt in 2017 http://uk-en.segway.com/news-overview/segway-gets-ready-for-the-future-with-a-new-soluti-en )

Who are really guilty ? EUC passionate-fans or Money fans ?

And now I'm going to deliver a message to President Trump
(Thanks to Echelon & FVEY (Five Eyes) for analytics content keywords  :efeeb35c09:)

"Huawei is just one soldier sacrificed, By cons Xiaomi is the real Trojan horse

Xiaomi invested in many startups, all produce connected objects, all these objects require the use of an application, application that may contain a backdoor

Face up of the Xiaomi iceberg:
More than one million electric scooters, on standby but transmitting information (geolocation, personal data, voice data?) Since ready to use, transmitting to Chinese servers, and positioned in all capitals and major cities of the world , in the sight of all, and near sensitive buildings, or the residence of sensitive personalities, it is strong, such anarchy, that one can not pay attention to a machine positioned near a place diplomatic or military,
create chaos ...The Chinese are the best in strategy, why they create chaos? Knowing that sales to individuals will decline, because of the new laws introduced

Hidden side of the iceberg Xiaomi:

Xiaomi Ninebot equipped the Chinese army with gyropods Ninebot E,

71mUTW56MrL._AC_UL320_.jpg

and today the Chinese Communist Party supported the founders of Ninebot http://www.ninebot.cn/News-newsdetail-id-305.html

" 民营经济是推动社会主义市场经济发展的重要力量,支持民营企业发展也是党中央的一贯方针,在习总书记的重要指示下,北京市也将为民营企业营造更好的发展环境,让所有民营企业和民营企业家都可以放心、安心谋发展。在党和国家的大力支持下,正如Segway-Ninebot董事长兼CEO高禄峰说的一样:“东风已来当展翅,我们一定要抓住时代赋予的历史机遇,踏踏实实办好企业,总书记鼓励中国的企业拓展国际视野,增加创新能力和核心竞争力,形成更多具有全球竞争力的世界一流企业。Segway-Ninebot也将从我们的细分领域着手,夯实基础,争取将企业做的越来越好。让“中国智造”、“中国设计”、“中国创造”成为真正享誉全球的世界品牌。” 

The products imported from China, all communicating, to Chinese servers, they have all the permissions micro, contacts etc in the applications, and some targets well found in a community of users of niche products, community of senior officials, technicians , engineers. (I'm not mistaken, here, you all work at NASA, at NSA, NCIS, FBI, MIB, etc? :efee6b18f3: )

Thank you for your attention Mister President Trump

from a french conspiracy theory 🐔🍷"

P.s: The EUC ONE Z arriving at the European customs are strangely in deep sleep.ONE Z were neutralized, so that the radio emissions of the machine are not operational if they are turned on, during the customs inspection. They transmit beyond 5GHZ, directly to a Chinese server, information about their owners...

Mister President, Xiaomi is the next "HUAWEI ! "

You think he's going to twitter about XIAOMI now?:roflmao:

4 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

More than one million electric scooters, on standby but transmitting information (geolocation, personal data, voice data?) Since ready to use, transmitting to Chinese servers, and positioned in all capitals and major cities of the world , in the sight of all, and near sensitive buildings, or the residence of sensitive personalities, it is strong, such anarchy, that one can not pay attention to a machine positioned near a place diplomatic or military,

Did you ever open a Xiaomi M365?

5 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

And the idea of mass kickscooter rental, in capitals all over the world, comes from Xiaomi Segway Ninebot (announced at IIA FranKfurt in 2017 http://uk-en.segway.com/news-overview/segway-gets-ready-for-the-future-with-a-new-soluti-en )

Did you read this link?

This has nothing to do with rental scooters. This has to do with buying your own compact foldable scooter to do last mile transportation and providing charging infrastructure for it.

1 minute ago, ir_fuel said:

Did you ever open a Xiaomi M365?

they are on standby when they are parked in the street, they have led lights, the rental companies can locate it with the application in real time, so it emits a constant signal

Did you read this link?

This has nothing to do with rental scooters. This has to do with buying your own compact foldable scooter to do last mile transportation and providing charging infrastructure for it.

i think yes, “We are currently actively working with cities, car manufacturers, car-hiring companies, and EV charge networks to roll out this new concept to the mass market. We certainly welcome more partners to join us.”

it is the embryo of the project that has developed to several companies

"CityGo Last Mile System" words used actually by free floating companies

. A smart electric kickscooter network that could reshape the future landscape of transportation within cities.

Edited by jojo33

1 minute ago, jojo33 said:

they are on standby when they are parked in the street, they have led lights, the rental companies can locate it with the application in real time, so it emits a constant signal

Ok, the answer is "no".

I have, I have modified some, I have also opened a Ninebot and also modified one (for rental companies).

What you are claiming is pure nonsense. The modules used to control those scooters by rental companies are NOT delivered by Xiaomi/Ninebot directly but by third party manufacturers. There are a multitude of options and some rental companies developed their own solution in-house. In our case it was a company in Latvia that delivered the hardware. Now you explain me how third party hardware, completely unknown to Xiaomi/Ninebot, developed outside of China and interfacing through a serial protocol (wired) with the kickscooter, can transfer all kinds of "spy" info to China. Let me tell you: it can't.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

i think yes, “We are currently actively working with cities, car manufacturers, car-hiring companies, and EV charge networks to roll out this new concept to the mass market. We certainly welcome more partners to join us.”

it is the embryo of the project that has developed to several companies

That's because they want the charging infrastructure in place so people bring their own scooters to work, charge them during the day and then go back in the evening.

14 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

P.s: The EUC ONE Z arriving at the European customs are strangely in deep sleep.ONE Z were neutralized, so that the radio emissions of the machine are not operational if they are turned on, during the customs inspection. They transmit beyond 5GHZ, directly to a Chinese server, information about their owners...

Where is the proof of this claim?

are NOT delivered by Xiaomi/Ninebot directly

wrong

by exemple Skinny labs is an Automotive Retailers directly, and i swa several times many rental company directly delivered by xiaomi segway ninebot

https://panjiva.com/Ninebot-Changzhou-Tech-Co-Ltd/42204125#

3 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Where is the proof of this claim?

No FCC and EU agreement

29 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

The modules used to control those scooters by rental companies are NOT delivered by Xiaomi/Ninebot directly but by third party manufacturers.

"the modules..." ok, sorry :P

But Ninebot deliver M365 and ES2 to rental company , For US https://panjiva.com/Buyers-Of/ninebot LIFT, Social Bicycles Inc.

Edited by jojo33

2 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

And that hardware contains parts that communicate directly with China?

You will not make me believe that every rental company in europe and the usa had to create their own program. Ninebot and xiaomi provided turnkey programs and applications, hence the idea of the backdoor...:ph34r:

if you remember the recall and removal of all rental kickscooter, and the establishment of a firmware for the BMS to correct, it is each company that created the fix ? No, it's Ninebot who send the updating bms firmware

11 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

parts that communicate directly with China?

To end this joust between a French follower of conspiracy theories  :ph34r: and a Belgian who is perfectly logical ;)
Your One Z, in the USA or in Europe, if the FCC measures the rate of radioemission, in the USA, it makes you forbid, and the same in Europe.

All Ninebot models that were destined only for the Chinese market had FCC and CE agreements as soon as they came out, for ONE Z there is nothing. Maybe the models now sold in the US or Europe via the official network will have this approval but for now I can not find it

11 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

You will not make me believe that every rental company in europe and the usa had to create their own program. Ninebot and xiaomi provided turnkey programs and applications, hence the idea of the backdoor...:ph34r:

Believe what you want. I worked a while in that industry and I know what and how. I'm not saying that there doesn't exist a Chinese turnkey solution that could be deployed. I'm just saying that what you say that all those companies use solutions provided by China is pure nonsense.

And this is the last I say about it. Enough ridiculous claims for one day.

Let's try not to be hypocritical. Don't shoot down the EUC suppliers and don't mix business with politics. If you are really serious about enjoying your EUCs and don't want to patronize a communist country, then tell Trump to tell the business here to start manufacturing EUCs. As he always has said, bring the manufacturing back home! So do it!!! And be careful too as there may be spy software in those EUC apps!

Edited by scubadragosan

• 3 weeks later...

I'm Canadian so this US/China tariff, while effecting me on a global economic downturn sense, does not directly cost me in additional day to day expense. However, in the past I have bought EUC parts online from the states. Or riding stuff (jackets, pads, etc.) I almost bought my first wheel from the US online a couple years ago but ended up buying through a Canadian supplier to support local. The US price (with exchange and shipping) was cheaper than the Canadian price back then. Early this year, I've noticed that our Canadian prices (with exchange and shipping) on the 16X and Nikola was actually the same or a bit better than buying from the US. Today I saw the new US tariff increases (Oct 1) announced through your unique 4 am method of twitter policy releases.

I'm just curious as to how much % tariff has been added to the following:

EUCs

Parts (bicycle tires, inner tubes, etc)

Protective wear (pads, helmets)

Is it the same % on everything or do some of these not have tariffs on them.

12 hours ago, Harvey Pooka said:

I'm Canadian so this US/China tariff, while effecting me on a global economic downturn sense, does not directly cost me in additional day to day expense. However, in the past I have bought EUC parts online from the states. Or riding stuff (jackets, pads, etc.) I almost bought my first wheel from the US online a couple years ago but ended up buying through a Canadian supplier to support local. The US price (with exchange and shipping) was cheaper than the Canadian price back then. Early this year, I've noticed that our Canadian prices (with exchange and shipping) on the 16X and Nikola was actually the same or a bit better than buying from the US. Today I saw the new US tariff increases (Oct 1) announced through your unique 4 am method of twitter policy releases.

I'm just curious as to how much % tariff has been added to the following:

EUCs

Parts (bicycle tires, inner tubes, etc)

Protective wear (pads, helmets)

Is it the same % on everything or do some of these not have tariffs on them.

As far as I know the US grouped tariffed items into 4 list so far..

List 1 (25%): https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/2018-13248.pdf

List 2 (25%): https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/enforcement/301Investigations/Final Second Tranche.pdf

List 3 (25%): https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/enforcement/301Investigations/Tariff List (83 FR 47974%2C as amended and modified by 83 FR 49153).pdf

List 4 (Not yet): https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/enforcement/301Investigations/List_4A_(Effective_September_1%2C_2019).pdf

List 3 is the one that will be increased from 25% to 30% this October and list 4 will be split into September and December and will be imposed 15% tariff .

The list is too long for me to read them all :wacko: but I'm guessing our EUC already got tariffed 25% so EUC is listed somehow in list 3 and will be increased by 5 more percent :facepalm:

As for parts & protective gears I don't know.. Maybe someone that have free time can find it on the list?? :efefa6edcf:

Here for more light reading: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/08/23/trade-war-tariffs-chinese-made-products-could-soon-cost-more/2091709001/

December 15% tariff (List 4 2nd part):

Tech gear: Telephones for cellular networks, video game consoles, LED lamps, instant print cameras, cameras, and microwave ovens.

Baby gear: Strollers, infant nursery monitor systems, infant walkers, booster seats, play yards and swings.

Personal care: Shaving brushes, hair brushes, nail brushes, combs, hair accessories, electrothermic hair dryers and electric flatirons.

Miscellaneous: Fireworks, curtains, photo albums, children's picture, drawing or coloring books, printed cards, household- or laundry-type washing machines, ceiling fans, electric blankets, bedspreads, toys for pets, camping goods, umbrellas, music boxes, string musical instruments, cigarette lighters, scales, sleeping bags, toys, magic tricks, confetti, roller skates and fishing rods.