Also in Switzerland EUs will be stopped now

OliverH

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Habe gerade einen Strafbefehl aus der Ostschweiz gesehen:

Fahren ohne Fahrzeugausweis (nicht zugelassenes Fahrzeug ohne Typengenehmigung)

Fahren ohne Haftpflichversicherung

460 (Busse 200, Verfahrenskosten 250, Foto 10)  CHF oder 2 Tage Gefängnis

Wir arbeiten an Verbesserung der Situation. Wir sind von eWheels.org Association e.V. neu im sog. Spiegelboard der CEN/TC 354/WG 4 "Light Electric Vehicles & Self Balancing Vehicles" vertreten und werden an den technischen Anforderungen mitarbeiten und den selbst balancierten Bereich abdecken. Die CEN/ TC 354/ WG4 wurde von der Europäischen Kommission bei AFNOR (die französische Normungsinstitution) beauftragt. Das DIN in Deutschland arbeitet als nationales Spiegelboard an dem Standard mit.
Habe die Tage beim ASTRA, hier in der Schweiz, angefragt ob es Planungen gibt  den doch national sehr unterschiedlichen Anforderungslevel in Europa in einer zukünftigen Fassung der Schweizer VTS anzupassen. Antwort liegt noch nicht vor.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the last weekend - to my knowledge - the first EUC was seized in Switzerland (in Kanton Baselland (the "urban" canto surrounding Basel city)). It's now decision of the office of the district attorney if the EZuC goes back to the owner or if it will be destroyed. Looking to see forward what the fine says: No type approval, no insurance plate.

I know why I go over to France to take a nice ride. Situation becomes really strange over here. Up to now we see more activity at 3rd party and not the current manufacturers to solve the safety problem.

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2015 at 1:58 AM, Kevin said:

Then again, I am a consumer and would really prefer that EUC become widely popular *before* introducing legislation - because otherwise it could just kill off all manufacturers from the outset, and then we have nothing.

It really depends on the legislation. For electric bicycles the numbers have gone through the roof even with legislation.

I think the most sensible approach would be to make the safer current models legal and tighten the safety regulations every other year with reasonably achievable targets. It seems rather clear to me that most fatalities that we will inevitably see will not be linked to technical failure, even if we wouldn't improve safety regulations at all.

On 12/7/2015 at 6:58 PM, Swissfonda said:

Apparently I found out that I was cruising near a police station.

Is there so many police in Switzerland?  Here in Texas there are many places to ride, but once you ride in a large city there are always police near.  I try to avoid them, what they don't see doesn't hurt me.:ph34r:

On 9/5/2016 at 9:37 PM, OliverH said:

On the last weekend - to my knowledge - the first EUC was seized in Switzerland (in Kanton Baselland (the "urban" canto surrounding Basel city)). It's now decision of the office of the district attorney if the EZuC goes back to the owner or if it will be destroyed. Looking to see forward what the fine says: No type approval, no insurance plate.

I know why I go over to France to take a nice ride. Situation becomes really strange over here. Up to now we see more activity at 3rd party and not the current manufacturers to solve the safety problem.

Reading this is so depressing. I really feel for all of the European riders out there.

28 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Reading this is so depressing. I really feel for all of the European riders out there.

Well, pick an arbitrary random spot in Europe, say by population density, and ride an EUC, then chances are very slim you will be stop by police. Even if you pick one of the problematic countries, say Germany or Switzerland, most riders there never had any problem so far. I am not saying that this could change, and the worst propaganda we can possibly have is observed EUCs going crazy fast in public. Now that is up to us, good. On the positive side, there is already a bunch of European countries where EUCs have gone officially legal.

• 3 months later...

@Coffee guy I recommend to read through this thread a bit so you know what the current situation in CH is. If you need translation help from german, just hit me up :-)

The quoted fines are quite substantial, basically you get fined twice and you could've bought another EUC for that money....

Depressing. So many f**king restrictions for the 2 of my best hobbies. EUCs and Drones. I kind of understand drone restrictions because a drone can do substantial damage if used by the wrong hands... like hitting a passenger plane etc. EUCs? That's just a joke. They are no danger than skate boards in my opinion. Law makers have no other better job to do than going after a fun activity. 

There are quite good reasons to have legislative restrictions for EUCs. It is important that we understand this, otherwise we lose touch with the rest of the world. What worries me most is that the market gets flooded with 2000W, 45km/h models. Then, it will be very quickly very clear to everybody else in the public perception that these devices are dangerous, not only for the driver, but in particular for any innocent bystander. This will inevitably lead to much stricter enforcement of whatever rules currently apply to prevent people from riding EUCs at all. It will also lead to more restrictive legislation as to be expected in a hostile atmosphere.

Whether the public perceives EUCs as a cool but harmless device to get around or as a crazy fast and dangerous vehicle which needs motorbike like protection can very well decide over the future of our hobby.

13 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

Depressing. So many f**king restrictions for the 2 of my best hobbies. EUCs and Drones. I kind of understand drone restrictions because a drone can do substantial damage if used by the wrong hands... like hitting a passenger plane etc. EUCs? That's just a joke. They are no danger than skate boards in my opinion. Law makers have no other better job to do than going after a fun activity. 

Fortunately for you, Texas would be the last State that would ban something like the EUC. You guys take your freedom seriously :thumbup:  And they are written into the law in California, so I'm good :clap3:

16 hours ago, Coffee guy said:

@Mono, we need to be clear that this activity is, for some, more than just a hobby, [...]

sure, replace "hobby" in my post with whatever word you prefer.

• 2 years later...

Archived