Tiltback heartattack

Daley1

with the tiltback on my Ks16s V2 ,when I hit the tiltback mark it kicks in straightaway leaving me feeling like I,m floating with little control and having a mini heart arrhythmia. My old airwheel would "slowly "  tiltback but leaving me in control but letting me know that I had to slow or the pedals would not level out. Surely there is a better way for the tiltback to come into play than this???

Can it be adjusted in any of the software????

Unfortunately the user can’t control the severity of the tilt-back. Although, the ride mode setting may have a slight indirect influence.

The 18XL tilt-back was made softer by the latest firmware upgrade. I have yet to see the 16S tilt-back mentioned for the latest 1.09 upgrade.

The ”abrupt KingSong tiltback” has been dicussed more times than one, but safer riders who have a habit of accelerating slowly at those speeds do not experience the tilt-back as abrupt.

• Upvote 1

Like said, 18XL was adjusted to be milder in the last update. At least they know this problem and have reacted. Hopefully it comes to the new 16Sv2 also. 

In the mean time, maybe you could set an alarm to sound a bit before the tilt back so it's not so surprising. You'll probably get used to the speed and will know when it comes by heart. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/10/2019 at 4:13 AM, US69 said:

No, it can not be adjusted. Sorry!

Tiltback and how it exaclty reacts and how hefty it is mostly depends on the Speed you run into it.

For example

1. if you are cruising at 33kmh...and then slowly go to 35kmh...it is very mild.

2. But when you are driving 25kmh and then accelerate like crazy to go and hit 35kmh...it is very hefty (and it must be if you think About it)

The TB is made, so that you are not running into a overspeed cutout...IN example Number 2...when the tiltback would not be more agressive you probably on a hefty acceleration and only mild TB you would be able to reach 40kmh or more….just from the overacceleration….

So that is not wanted.

Perhaps a small tip for dealing with the TB:

Adjust a Sound Alarm (3rd Alarm)  About 2-3kmh under/lower than the TB Alarm. Then when you hear it you know, that you are reaching the TB soon, and it does not get you on surprise.

TILT BACK (tb) Explanation:

Please forgive me, I’m a new rider and still have never ridden yet (KS16X on order).  With your description here I’m nearly 100% understanding what it is, how it works, what it’s for and how to deal with it but;  Would you be so kind to give a brief  but adequately detailed explanation of it for someone (me!) who is entirely new to the world of EUC?  Thank you, I greatly appreciate it!

5 minutes ago, CampDylan said:

TILT BACK (tb) Explanation:

Please forgive me, I’m a new rider and still have never ridden yet (KS16X on order).  With your description here I’m nearly 100% understanding what it is, how it works, what it’s for and how to deal with it but;  Would you be so kind to give a brief  but adequately detailed explanation of it for someone (me!) who is entirely new to the world of EUC?  Thank you, I greatly appreciate it!

Tilt-back Tilt-back is a safety measure, where the wheel starts to tilt the pedals backwards at higher speeds to warn and prevent the rider from leaning more forwards. While it is possible to lean more and try to get more speed, it might not be wise, as you can overpower the wheel. Most wheels have this (many wheels let the user adjust the tilt-back speeds with app), but some older ones don't have it at all (for example older Gotways and Firewheel).

• Upvote 2

my KS16 V2 is on 1.09 has been since the day i got it months ago, yet to feel any noticeable tilt-back.. only time on a ks16 ive felt tilt-back that could even be remotely jarring was when i ripped around a corner and gunned it while my battery was at like 45% on my previous 16S.. tilted me back noticeably but nothing even slightly extreme. youre on 1.09? idk how hard you would have to be leaning into it to give that kind of tiltback on a 16s.. i know what youre talking about though weaker wheels like my ninebot one and inmotion v5f have done it before where ive just about over leaned but ive never felt it on a KS

Edited by Rywokast

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

my KS16 V2 is on 1.09 has been since the day i got it months ago, yet to feel any noticeable tilt-back.. only time on a ks16 ive felt tilt-back that could even be remotely jarring was when i ripped around a corner and gunned it while my battery was at like 45% on my previous 16S.. tilted me back noticeably but nothing even slightly extreme. youre on 1.09? idk how hard you would have to be leaning into it to give that kind of tiltback on a 16s.. i know what youre talking about though weaker wheels like my ninebot one and inmotion v5f have done it before where ive just about over leaned but ive never felt it on a KS

Oh, so the tilt-back not only tilts at speed but also once reaching too far of a forward angle?

17 minutes ago, CampDylan said:

Oh, so the tilt-back not only tilts at speed but also once reaching too far of a forward angle?

My 1st gen 16S doesn’t, only by speed. But the speed limit comes down with the battery level. 45% battery at standstill can pretty easily drop down to 25% during acceleration, which already lowers the top speed to around 30km/h.

• Upvote 1

On 7/13/2019 at 5:36 AM, CampDylan said:

On 7/13/2019 at 6:20 AM, Rywokast said:

well its equivalent to how hard you're accelerating.. if I jam it as hard as I possibly can from 0-over 35 it's gonna throw my ass back hard.. if I gingerly tip over from 34-above 35 the tilt back will probably not even be noticeable 

It is not the "Forward lean angle" that is responsible for the tiltback.

What makes the Wheel tiltback on a very heavy acceleration is the voltage drop, that is so high that the Wheel reaches low voltage, and because of that tilts you back!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Why would it be the voltage drop? It's the speed and acceleration if the tiltback is speed-dependent. The wheel tilts back but you still don't slow down or even get faster. Of course it's going to fight harder then.

I don't know what the firmware does. But doesn't this make more sense?

• Upvote 1

As a conservative rider ,I have the tilt back set at 30kmh,and the "PLEASE decelerate" at 28kmh.I don't accelerate hard or break hard but got this without the "please decelerate". Battery I think was about 40%.