IPS Zero vs. IPS I260+

Trailseeker

Dear Unicycle Community,

I am new to unicycle but have now two different gears as favourites: The IPS Zero (260Wh) and the IPS I260+.

But I'm not sure which would suit more: The IPS Zero looks very futuristic and is a lightweight but the body

looks as if you can not go down and up curbs without damaging it.

The IPS I260+ looks more suitable for "rough" terrain and is not much heavier than the Zero.

Can someone give me an advise which is more suitable for a newbe living on countyside.

Will use the unicycle just for fun but if airlines allow its transportation also for city discoveries in foreign countries.

Thanks and have a good ride

Michael

Dear Unicycle Community,

I am new to unicycle but have now two different gears as favourites: The IPS Zero (260Wh) and the IPS I260+.

But I'm not sure which would suit more: The IPS Zero looks very futuristic and is a lightweight but the body

looks as if you can not go down and up curbs without damaging it.

The IPS I260+ looks more suitable for "rough" terrain and is not much heavier than the Zero.

Can someone give me an advise which is more suitable for a newbe living on countyside.

Will use the unicycle just for fun but if airlines allow its transportation also for city discoveries in foreign countries.

Thanks and have a good ride

Michael

Hiya

We all are waiting for IPS ZERO so we can't compare those eu. When it comes to us then You will read our review. Good luck mate. 

@Trailseeker I have an IPS Lhotz and enjoy its capabilities and quality, so I can vouch for the manufacturer. 

I couldn't find any example of the 1260+ but as I was searching I found the fat tire K1S "kahuna"

http://www.electricunicycleonline.com/ips-k1s-electric-unicycle-340wh-black.html

Which isn't what you are looking for but impressed me as the only I've seen that has a rider weight limit of 150 kg!

If as "Trailseeker" you are considering off-road use, consider a larger tire: 16", 18". My 16 inch Lhotz smooths bumps well. The King Song 18" I haven't ridden but looks like a behemoth that can handle country roads in bad repair.

If you wish to take the wheel on a plane, I have seen a battery limit of 160 kWh listed (to be honest I don't know if that is only for carry-on in the cabin or for all parts of the plane.

As you are starting out, there is the consideration of getting a cheap low-capability model to prove you can do it and like it (you probably will!) but then you might find you quickly are laying out money a second time to get a higher capability model.

Best of luck!

Hi Villac,

Thank you the detailed expanation. 

One of my favorites is the IPS i260+ which looks a bit more for rough terrain than the Zero. Rough terrain is meant gravel or natural roads.

On the other side the Zero looks exactly how a EUC should look like from my point of few.

And now doubt I will love it :-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I received my IPS T260+ 3 days ago electricunicycleonline.com.  It took about 2 weeks to arrive. Customer service is good, imo. 

I am currently riding it in an empty parking garage in my apt building.  So far, it's been great and I am able to do basic turns, stops and starts... Installed some temporary padding near the top of the unit where your shins touch.  This is a must for beginners like myself.

Question: Is there an app for iPhone I can use to gather data about my ride?  I saw another post on this site where someone used an 'app' to see data from their IPS T350+.

Thanks.

31 minutes ago, bkrudy02 said:

I received my IPS T260+ 3 days ago electricunicycleonline.com.  It took about 2 weeks to arrive. Customer service is good, imo. 

I am currently riding it in an empty parking garage in my apt building.  So far, it's been great and I am able to do basic turns, stops and starts... Installed some temporary padding near the top of the unit where your shins touch.  This is a must for beginners like myself.

Question: Is there an app for iPhone I can use to gather data about my ride?  I saw another post on this site where someone used an 'app' to see data from their IPS T350+.

Thanks.

Search for IAMIPS. Oops sorry this is for the IPS Zero. 

Archived