Long arm protection?

Been looking around at protection as I ponder my first ever EUC purchase. 

Something I need, is arm/elbow protection, but that is long? Basically I suffered a motorcycle accident a few years back, and one of my injuries was my left arm was severed and re-attached at the elbow. It kind of works to some degree, but I don't have any strength in it to speak of. BUT....it left me with what is called hypersensitivity around my elbow area, and so I wouldn't be able to stand having anything fastened around my arm there. I'd need something that maybe attaches around the upper bicep area and toward the wrist area? It will be uncomfortable enough having something just over my elbow. But it's my biggest worry if I fall, somehow damaging my arm there again.

Is there anything for neck protection by the way? I also broke my back and neck at the time, and although they are healed, I'm always scared of knocking my neck in particular. Not scared enough to put me off getting an EUC though :D Thanks for any input.

wow you must have some big bojangles to want to get into EUC after all that... how about something that slides on to your arm like that, no fasteners.. or maybe like an armoured jacket where you just put it on one and done.. neck is a bit of a weird one i suppose you could go for a motorcycle race collar, though you may resemble a toddler at the swimming pool :P im not in the UK but of course you will be able to get the same stuff there

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

wow you must have some big bojangles to want to get into EUC after all that... how about something that slides on to your arm like that, no fasteners.. or maybe like an armoured jacket where you just put it on one and done.. neck is a bit of a weird one i suppose you could go for a motorcycle race collar, though you may resemble a toddler at the swimming pool :P im not in the UK but of course you will be able to get the same stuff there

Lol....they aren't that big! :P I'd love another motorbike, but my daughter says she will disown me if I get one! That, plus I'm not entirely sure I could ride any distance with my arm :(Something that slides on would be great I think. Bit I didn't even think about an armoured jacket :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Retrovertigo said:

Lol....they aren't that big! :P I'd love another motorbike, but my daughter says she will disown me if I get one! That, plus I'm not entirely sure I could ride any distance with my arm :(Something that slides on would be great I think. Bit I didn't even think about an armoured jacket :)

ahaha,, yea its a shame.. buuuut cant say i wouldnt tell my dad the same lol. yea i think an armoured jacked and maybe just some wrist guards would be the best.. wrist/hand most important for EUC if you ask me.. helmet of course but its a lot less common to hit your head just in the way you would fall.. not that im saying you shouldnt have one.. knee pads too theyre getting knackered if you come off at speed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrovertigo said:

1 hour ago, Retrovertigo said:

I'd love another motorbike, but my daughter says she will disown me if I get one

So your now going to tell her you want a bike with only one wheel and no handlebars i don't know how she's going to take that 😬

Seriously though get padded up as comfortable as possible and take it easy practicing , what about a padded hoddie it's not as tight and adds protection in all the places or larger elbow pads so isn't that tight on your elbow but you need them to stay in place though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stephen said:

So your now going to tell her you want a bike with only one wheel and no handlebars i don't know how she's going to take that 😬

Seriously though get padded up as comfortable as possible and take it easy practicing , what about a padded hoddie it's not as tight and adds protection in all the places or larger elbow pads so isn't that tight on your elbow but you need them to stay in place though

:) She already knows I want one, and has even offered to buy me a helmet. I think she figures it is the lesser of two evils, as I obviously can't reach the speeds I used to on a motorbike. And won't be going on dangerous roads! 

Padded hoodie is a nice idea as well, and I like the idea that it could be a looser fitting :) 

14 hours ago, Retrovertigo said:

Padded hoodie is a nice idea as well, and I like the idea that it could be a looser fitting :) 

Definitely a good option. I have some Speed & Strength gear that is pretty good.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...