need help with mcm5 pedals

hello guys

so i am new rider and it is about a week and  half that i am riding now , first let me say that i love riding the mcm5 , it is so much fun and has great torque ( but not a good top speed ;) i get the 3rd alarm alot )  anyway every time that i go for a ride after 3 miles or so i get a bad ache in my feet ( like very bad one  that i have to come off the wheel and shake my feet ) . so i wanted to know if i can change the pedals for bigger ones or even  that helps "? (by the way i wear 9.5 shoe size and my feet are flat 
)  , if you have any other suggestion i realy would appreciate your help.

chears guys

1 hour ago, Mahyar Farsad said:

hello guys

so i am new rider and it is about a week and  half that i am riding now , first let me say that i love riding the mcm5 , it is so much fun and has great torque ( but not a good top speed ;) i get the 3rd alarm alot )  anyway every time that i go for a ride after 3 miles or so i get a bad ache in my feet ( like very bad one  that i have to come off the wheel and shake my feet ) . so i wanted to know if i can change the pedals for bigger ones or even  that helps "? (by the way i wear 9.5 shoe size and my feet are flat 
)  , if you have any other suggestion i realy would appreciate your help.

chears guys

afaik all gotway pedals are interchangeable.. if you get some nikola pedals.. i will promise they are more comfortable, but that doesnt mean the foot pain will go away.. can you tell me, how experienced are you on an EUC.. like brand new, <1000 km, >5000 km? the foot fatigue is mainly from you, from tightening too much, bad stance, not shifting your feet (harder to do on small pedals hmm), and maybe even footwear.. all new riders experience this for quite some time.. obviously more area will equate to more comfort in general but doesnt mean your problems will go away on their own if you dont change anything else, and if youre new to it it just takes some getting used to.. if youre new to EUCs i wouldnt go blow 100 bucks on new pedals thinking it will immediately solve all foot pain issues because it wont, but if you ask me longer pedals are well worth it, got some for my KS16S and it is a huge difference, way more comfortable, and allows you to have more foot positions for both comfort and for changing ride style.. i can ride 100 km without foot fatigue now, but imagine having size 13 feet years ago on the old style pedals that are even smaller than the current gotway ones, i cramped a lot in the beginning lol

Edited by Rywokast

5 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

can you tell me, how experienced are you on an EUC.. like brand new, <1000 km, >5000 km?

i am at 120 km :D

7 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

the foot fatigue is mainly from you, from tightening too much, bad stance, not shifting your feet (harder to do on small pedals hmm), and maybe even footwear..

yeah that totally make sense , so i just got to be patient <_< 

15 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

if youre new to EUCs i wouldnt go blow 100 bucks on new pedals thinking it will immediately solve all foot pain issues because it wont, but if you ask me longer pedals are well worth it, got some for my KS16S and it is a huge difference, way more comfortable, and allows you to have more foot positions for both comfort and for changing ride style.. i can ride 100 km without foot fatigue now, but imagine having size 13 feet years ago on the old style pedals that are even smaller than the current gotway ones, i cramped a lot in the beginning lol

i am sure the bigger pedals gonna help in overall experience and if i could move my feet little bit on the pedals would be better ride  . do you know how much bigger are the nkola pedals ?

6 minutes ago, Mahyar Farsad said:

i am at 120 km :D

yeah that totally make sense , so i just got to be patient <_< 

i am sure the bigger pedals gonna help in overall experience and if i could move my feet little bit on the pedals would be better ride  . do you know how much bigger are the nkola pedals ?

oh man youre brand spankin new.. its totally normal for a newb the majority of people cant ride for long without major foot, knee, shin etc discomfort until many hundreds of kilometres of experience.. larger pedals would help expedite the process imo though, nikola are 23 cm length and 11 cm width.. "monster" pedal shown here is same for acm, mcm5 etc

HTB1vtWjQSzqK1RjSZPxq6A4tVXav.jpg

Edited by Rywokast
  • Upvote 1

heres a much clearer comparison.. that pic they dont look much bigger lol 

• Upvote 1

The width makes a difference for me, I put them on MSX and its nice to have the space on the sides for wider stance and shifting around. The length doesn't really do anything though.

I have like 1000km probably and I still get foot pain at the start of rides but if I take a break I'm usually good after that.

It definitely does not make any difference to foot pain.

12 minutes ago, scotchtape said:

The width makes a difference for me, I put them on MSX and its nice to have the space on the sides for wider stance and shifting around. The length doesn't really do anything though.

I have like 1000km probably and I still get foot pain at the start of rides but if I take a break I'm usually good after that.

yes foot pain stems from standing stationary and subconsciously clenching the feet

21 hours ago, scotchtape said:

so i just basically have to deal with the pain:D

• Like 1