Jump to content
Benphysics

Kingsong, one of China's spy channels on the rest of the world???

Recommended Posts

Just now, Benphysics said:

In any case, if the app would be internal only, such as a remote, the programming would take mere days, or a months at worst. I have a brother who's a system analyst; and it is impressive what he can program in a matter of hours. He programmed a 3D chess game with two friends within a week just for fun. No one has ever beaten their game. The best who tried it, don't go past 5 or 6 moves; then checkmate. So the idea that it costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to set a dozen parameters is grossly exaggerated. They just don't care, or they are programming illiterates. Or is it that the outrageous permissions are for an underlying purpose?

yes a simple controller would be the most logical, easy and cost effective method in the long run i think... who knows why an app was what was chosen.. i mean even though i find it hard to believe myself, it is true that a lot of people dont own smartphones or tablets..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

yes a simple controller would be the most logical, easy and cost effective method in the long run i think... who knows why an app was what was chosen.. i mean even though i find it hard to believe myself, it is true that a lot of people dont own smartphones or tablets..

Actually, I had brain cancer caused by cell phone. Some people are more sensitive to microwave radiations than others. I stay as far away from microwave devices as possible. In this new world of wireless technology, We are prostituting ourselves for convenience. We will all pay in the end. It bothers me to see that people want convenience above all else; even their own health. But that would open a whole new can of worms. It is just that the government, and especially the manufacturers of wireless devices, keep their negatives under a lid as cigarette companies did until it blew open. If you would decide to look into the harm that these devices do to you, you would end up spending weeks and maybe months reading testimonies and scientific proofs. I am one of them. So, the fact that some people don't have cell phones or a wireless tablet, for many is for legitimate informed reasons. Do you know that your wireless computer mouse operates at the exact same frequency (2,400Mhz ~ 2,450Mhz) as your microwave does to cook your chicken?

Edited by Benphysics
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Benphysics said:

Actually, I had brain cancer caused by cell phone. Some people are more sensitive to microwave radiations than others. I stay as far away from microwave devices as possible. In this new world of wireless technology, We are prostituting ourselves for convenience. We will all pay in the end. It bothers me to see that people want convenience above all else; even their own health. But that would open a whole new can of worms. It is just that the government, and especially the manufacturers of wireless devices, keep their negatives under a lid as cigarette companies did until it blew open. If you would decide to look into the harm that these devices do to you, you would end up spending weeks and maybe months reading testimonies and scientific proofs. I am one of them. So, the fact that some people don't have cell phones or a wireless tablet, for many is for legitimate informed reasons. Do you know that your wireless computer mouse operates at the exact same frequency (2,400Mhz ~ 2,450Mhz) as your microwave does to cook your chicken?

I'm curious, how was the diagnosis made to conclude that your cancer was caused by cell phone usage?

I'm aware of the widespread concerns, but I didn't know that cancers can be definitively linked to cell phones. This isn't something I follow though. So I'm intrigued.

I assume you've been cured. Hope your prognosis is all good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm curious, how was the diagnosis made to conclude that your cancer was caused by cell phone usage?

I'm aware of the widespread concerns, but I didn't know that cancers can be definitively linked to cell phones. This isn't something I follow though. So I'm intrigued.

I assume you've been cured. Hope your prognosis is all good.

The diagnosis was not that hard to detect, it was just behind my right ear where I held my phone. A cell phone must reach up to twenty five miles in order to reach a cell tower. This is the norm. The signal does not leave your phone in a direct line to a tower and nowhere else; it leaves your cell radially and spherically in every direction. Its signal strength diminishes as per the square of the distance. Your ear and the brain cells behind it, being the closest, are seriously blasted the most power, that is: 1.0x10^13 (10,000,000,000,000) times more than the tower needs to transmit the signal. If you must use a cell, at least use an ear speaker to remove the cell as far as possible from your head. Your brain cells are the most sensitive and fragile in your body.

Edited by Benphysics
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Benphysics said:

The diagnosis was not that hard to detect, it was just behind my right ear where I held my phone. A cell phone must reach up to twenty five miles in order to reach a cell tower. This is the norm. The signal does not leave your phone in a direct line to a tower and nowhere else; it leaves your cell radially and spherically in every direction. Its signal strength diminishes as per the square of the distance. Your ear and the brain cells behind it, being the closest, are seriously blasted the most power, that is: 1.0x10^13 (10,000,000,000,000) times more than the tower needs to transmit the signal. If you must use a cell, at least use an ear speaker to remove the cell as far as possible from your head. Your brain cells are the most sensitive and fragile in your body.

Thanks. I was just curious if there were some new developments that I wasn't aware of. Hope you stay healthy :cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks. I was just curious if there were some new developments that I wasn't aware of. Hope you stay healthy :cheers:

I chose to not do chimo; and went holistic instead. After researching, found out that a single brain scan can kill up to a billion brain cells, I rather simply not know and keep what I have left. I not afraid of getting hurt or road rashes; but I'm terrified of becoming a vegetable. I lost some of my balance due to cochlear damage in my right ear, but riding an euc helps my brain to compensate. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We squander health in search of wealth, we scheme we toil and save,

We squander wealth in search of health, and all we get's a grave.".         - Anonymous

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

An interesting article related to this discussion popped up in my notifications today

https://www.cnet.com/news/more-than-1000-android-apps-harvest-your-data-even-after-you-deny-permissions/

As a KS18XL user, I recognize the app could be designed better in its permission requirements, but I also don't think King Song devised this with nefarious intentions. As several have already commented, app development seems to be a weak area for most EUC companies.

Badu and Disney are apparently the worst offenders.

Some apps were relying on other apps that were granted permission to look at personal data, piggybacking off their access to gather phone identifiers like your IMEI number. These apps would read through unprotected files on a device's SD card and harvest data they didn't have permission to access. So if you let other apps access personal data, and they stored it in a folder on the SD card, these spying apps would be able to take that information

You would think an application would salt their files upon writing, but noooo...just write all your stuff what could go wrong.

I'd guess most if not all games harvest your private information, because children will pester parents into installing those games onto their parents' phones, thereby entirely compromising said phones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if we use fingerprint/iris ID, face/voice recognition, etc., we're engaging in "voluntary compliance" ahead of any possible future "compulsory compliance", hack, or hostile takeover of our account/data. We're already there, and history shows us this. One extreme example is: Hitler was legally elected before implementing his extreme policies & practices. Many people forget 'that' aspect of his reign. There are others also.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, atdlzpae said:

We do not want that in the west. Facial recognition should be banned, governments should be forbidden from snooping around without a good reason and encryption should be everywhere

Bit late for that.

https://techcrunch.com/2019/05/13/americans-opt-out-facial-recognition-airport/

Yes, Americans can opt-out of airport facial recognition — here’s how
Zack Whittaker
@zackwhittaker / 2 months ago

US-POLITICS-TRANSPORT-SECURITY
Whether you like it or not, facial recognition tech to check in for your flight will soon be coming to an airport near you.

More than a dozen U.S. airports are already rolling out the technology, with many more to go before the U.S. government hits its target of enrolling the largest 20 airports in the country before 2021.

Facial recognition is highly controversial and has many divided. On the one hand, it reduces paper tickets and is meant to be easier for travelers to check in at the airport before their flight. But facial recognition also has technical problems. According to a Homeland Security watchdog, the facial recognition systems used at airports only worked 85% in some cases. Homeland Security said the system is getting better over time and will be up to scratch by the supposed 2021 deadline — even if the watchdog has its doubts.

Many also remain fearful of the privacy and legal concerns. After all, it’s not Customs and Border Protection collecting your facial recognition data directly — it’s the airlines — and they pass it on to the government.

Delta debuted the tech last year, scanning faces before passengers fly. JetBlue also followed suit, and many more airlines are expected to sign up. That data is used to verify boarding passes before travelers get to their gate. But it’s also passed on to Customs and Border Protection to check passengers against their watchlists — and to crack down on those who overstay their visas.

You have neither privacy nor security (government databases get hacked because that's where the gold is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2019 at 12:26 PM, Seba said:

You're right. This app is a piece of s*it and even if some permission are really needed for social features, as for Android standards it should work as a mere control app when these privileges are not granted. But... this is theory. In practice, you should do what others wrote - install this app, make what is needed to configure your wheel and uninstall app. Personally, I use old phone that doesn't contains any data. Otherwise I use WheelLog.

Anyway you don't have to worry to much. It won't have access to all the content of your device. Each Android application is sandboxed, so KS app won't have access to others app data. And don't forget that the real spy is Google. And if you really value your privacy, you should first stop using Android devices. Period.

I don't use cell phones anymore due to serious health consequences (brain cancer), and removed all wifi from my home. I now use ethernet only for internet. Unfortunately, we chose conveniences over the harm that it can potentially do until it's too late. I will not go back and buy an iPhone just to unlock my wheel... I have an android tablet, and that's as far as I want to go, and bluetooth, sparingly that is, is my limit. I asked members of my family if they could help me unlock my wheel, but when reaching the requested permissions, no one wants to go there; and I certainly don't blame them. I've been told that Kingsong's authentication channel has been down for the last 4 days anyways. All in all, I am beginning to regret my purchase; the wheel is nice, but if I would have known how they operate, I would have chosen an MSX instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah man. About 2 or 3 months after I got my 18L, I started hearing what sounded like a woman from China on a telephone call coming out of my speakers, while charging! Haven't heard it since.

Freaky stuff.

 

Edited by Circuitmage
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Circuitmage said:

Yeah man. About 2 or 3 months after I got my 18L, I started hearing what sounded like a woman from China on a telephone call coming out of my speakers, while charging! Haven't heard it since.

Freaky stuff.

 

Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I disconnected all speakers from my KS16S. There is no way to disable annoying beeps in software, so something had to be done.

It eludes me why KS doesn't have tilt-back without beeping and a volume slider. :huh: I don't want to wake up the whole house when I go riding at night.

Edited by atdlzpae

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

And I disconnected all speaks from my KS16S. There is no way to disable annoying beeps in software, so something had to be done.

It eludes me why KS doesn't have tilt-back without beeping and a volume slider. :huh: I don't want to wake up the whole house when I go riding at night.

its easy to ride past it to a dangerous level especially if your battery isnt near full and youre a heavier/more aggressive rider.. kingsong takes the safety of you over any minor nuisances.. but i agree with you, i hate it lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tilt-back in KS is really hard to ignore, so I'm pretty safe. ;)

Good news is that all 3 speakers are connected with connectors. Don't delay, disconnect them today. B)

Edited by atdlzpae

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, atdlzpae said:

Tilt-back in KS is really hard to ignore, so I'm pretty safe. ;)

lol, same.. i disabled the sound on my ninebot and v5f and feel perfectly safe on them too, but im not a 250 lb aggressive rider xD

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...