GT14 spare parts

h3X

I found a used GT14 I'm considering, but the motherboard is fried. Is it available anywhere or has it been discontinued? Could I use the GT16 mobo instead?

good luck.. no you cant just switch to another board, at least not easily if its even possible physically in the first place.. try asking https://cxymin.aliexpress.com/store/1748730?spm=2114.search0104.3.79.27e11c0aAkh3Vv

• Upvote 1

If the voltage is equal and the battery can supply the required current I don't see why a different motherboard couldn't be used. It may require some tuning though. What is your concern when you say that?

What comes to mind for me is the IMU position and matching the esc with the motor. I'm considering this wheel as a test platform for the open source motherboard project as well, but right now it's a lot of hacking for me to make it work ;)

7 minutes ago, h3X said:

If the voltage is equal and the battery can supply the required current I don't see why a different motherboard couldn't be used. It may require some tuning though. What is your concern when you say that?

What comes to mind for me is the IMU position and matching the esc with the motor. I'm considering this wheel as a test platform for the open source motherboard project as well, but right now it's a lot of hacking for me to make it work ;)

yes thats if.. but sometimes they actual layout and connections are totally different, not to mention the size.. im not saying it cant work, im just saying its a big gamble i actually know absolutely nothing about the GT14 so maybe it could work.. i just wouldnt bet on it lol

I'm actually thinking maybe it'd be better to install a VESC and program my own controller. Given the low kv of hubmotors I think the VESC should be able to handle the higher voltage without hitting erpm limits.

Edited by h3X

Well, I bought the wheel and I'm now in the process of refurbishing it. The battery and motor seem to be in good condition. I'm still interested in a motherboard for this if anyone knows where to find one!