Segway Z10 Questions

Patton250

So I’ve been told this wheel has a high failure rate. Like 10% or so.  Is that from years past or is that currently happening now? Is this machine worth looking at to purchase today? How does it compare to the Nikola or KS18XL? Thanks. 

48 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

So I’ve been told this wheel has a high failure rate. Like 10% or so. Is that from years past or is that currently happening now?

This was the report of a reseller who stopped listing them in because of this ?and the inavailability of spareparts?

So i don't know the current situation.

Segway Store UK start selling Z10 with Warranty, too bad it's not selling from Segway Store US and Ewheels, I really want a Z10 with warranty maybe later order from speedy feet UK when they in stock.

PQ

Segway Z10.png

• Upvote 2

So there is no one to service these things in the United States? Bummer. 

There must be something seriously wrong with them if Jason won’t stock them. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

There must be something seriously wrong with them if Jason won’t stock them. 

NB/Segway has a habit of fucking over their dealers.

Ian (Speedy Feet UK) was happily selling the old Ninebot EUCs when they suddenly refused to sell him any more or even spare parts he needed for existing customers with problems. That was probably a completely clueless attempt to get rid of dealers and towards direct sales/Amazon. Or they just wanted to get out of the business, had already gotten their money, and burned all the bridges they could for a few extra dollars. Or just cultural cluelessness. It was... something. Nothing came of it either way.

Then the Z10 comes out and Ian and Jason (ewheels) start selling it as NB provides it and it's new and exciting and cool looking and everything may be different now! But it has a 10+% failure rate fresh out of the box and some other technical problems (e.g. batteries being undercharged and needing to be serviced after only a short storage time as the quirky BMS constantly draws some power). In addition, NB refused to sell any spare parts to the dealers (sound familiar?) or even take responsibility for the faulty wheels sold. So dealers had to endure like 10% instant uncompensated loss and also strip down working wheels for replacement parts.

Unsurprisingly, both Ian and Jason stopped selling the Z10 shortly after they put it on their shops.

-

The Z10 is a really nice wheel if it works (it's not as bad as it sounds, once it's working just tend your batteries a bit and that's it) and you get support in case of a problem. Maybe the coming direct sales in Europe will prove successful, but probably they just fucked themselves by snubbing their dealers. I would also bet that they will adamantly refuse to sell those outside of Europe (aka in North America).

So: it's a nice and unique wheel, but you probably won't be able to get one easily. Ali is luck whether it works or not, and I'm not sure if there is an "official" seller with reasonable support in NA. It's available on freemotionshop as well as some Euro sellers. Not sure if there are specific distribution agreements or they just take Ninebot's BS.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Patton250 said:

How does it compare to the Nikola or KS18XL?

Funnily enough, I believe the "18 inch" Z10 actually has 18 inches tire diameter. Which would make the tire size about the same as the "16 inch" (17.75 inches according to @Marty Backe) Nikola or 16X.

Not sure what the exact diameter of the "18 inch" 18XL or the "18 inch" MSX are in comparison, but they are significantly over 18 inches.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Funnily enough, I believe the "18 inch" Z10 actually has 18 inches tire diameter.

Yes, it is exactly 18"  Just measured mine accurately for reference!

• Upvote 1

Wow guys some great responses. Thank you so much for this information. It’s a shame that they did that to Jason and Ian. Both of them are outstanding guys. I can get a Z10 on eBay from a US source but I am concerned about service.  I would feel much better if it came from Jason. 

30 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

I can get a Z10 on eBay from a US source but I am concerned about service.  I would feel much better if it came from Jason. 

To a certain degree, owning an EUC sometimes involves taking risks (preferably calculated risks) both in the initial purchase and most definitely in the subsequent use of these highly addictive modes of transport!  If you are not fully confident in possibly having to roll your sleeves up and work on your wheel yourself (if and only if the need arises) then the risk of buying the one on eBay may or may not work out for you depending on your stance. 

Is the Z10 from a dealer or a private individual?  Ask as many questions as possible, based on the information we have offered here, about the actual wheel for sale?  At the very least, you are getting it from the US not China (up to 60 days in some cases), which could be a big help regarding it Not having the battery hibernation issue to deal with.

The forum member @PogArt Artur very recently purchased a new Z10 and was able to check with the seller regarding the charge state of the battery before it arrived, so he was confident there would not be any problem on that front.  From his subsequent posts, I notice that he is really enjoying his Z10 experience!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The place I found it for sale here in the United States is Freemotionshop.  I bought my first wheel from them but then I found Jason after that.  Any problems with these guys? 

39 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

The place I found it for sale here in the United States is Freemotionshop.

I myself am unable to comment, but maybe one of the forum members living in the States would be able to give you some feedback on Freemotionshop and will post something back here soon.

21 minutes ago, fbhb said:

I myself am unable to comment, but maybe one of the forum members living in the States would be able to give you some feedback on Freemotionshop and will post something back here soon.

Ok thanks. Looking forward to it. 

3 hours ago, Patton250 said:

The place I found it for sale here in the United States is Freemotionshop.  I bought my first wheel from them but then I found Jason after that.  Any problems with these guys? 

Jason actually offloaded his Z10 stock to Freemotionshop.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Guest PogArt Artur
10 hours ago, fbhb said:

The forum member @PogArt Artur very recently purchased a new Z10 and was able to check with the seller regarding the charge state of the battery before it arrived, so he was confident there would not be any problem on that front.  From his subsequent posts, I notice that he is really enjoying his Z10 experience!

Thank you for mentioning of me @fbhb😎

I was very lucky to buy it in confidence and safely, it was one off deal too.

There's other member @Planemo who went throughout some issues.., he placed the order with Chinese seller and had to spent great time to get his refund back...

My advice - just do your best to find RELIABLE seller, maybe not single private,but big NAME ?

In case something goes wrong, it's more likely to get your refund back...

Best regards.

Edited by PogArt Artur

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Jason actually offloaded his Z10 stock to Freemotionshop.

Anything good or bad about Freemotionshop?  I’m really thinking about getting a Z10 or the GW M Super. But since I already own a Nikola and it has the same battery and motor as the M Super I thought maybe the Z10.  I would just like to experiment with different companies. 

Honestly, you seem to have the money, so get a Z10. It's a unique and reportedly very fun wheel. I'd get it over the MSX if I already had a Nikola. Even though the MSX is really nice, but as you say, test all the companies.

Here's a recent and quite topical video by @Hsiang about his Z10:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Honestly, you seem to have the money, so get a Z10. It's a unique and reportedly very fun wheel. I'd get it over the MSX if I already had a Nikola. Even though the MSX is really nice, but as you say, test all the companies.

Here's a recent and quite topical video by @Hsiang about his Z10:

I follow this guy on YouTube so I get notifications when he posts a new video. I was shopping for the Z10 at thinking about buying one when all of a sudden a notification appeared on my iPad saying “My Ninebot Z10 is dead”. Lol.  I was the first one to post on his video. I believe I asked if it was an omen. LOL   

If freemotionshop bought Jason’s left over inventory  then I have a one in 10 chance of failure out of the box with zero hope of any type of warranty support. I’ll be honest with you the more I read about this wheel the more scared I get to purchase one. I own several other Ninebot products but they supposedly support those here in the US directly. 

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Check if you can get spare parts (board(s) really) on Ali. That might be all you ever need in case of a failure.

I apologize. What is “Ali” ?

I assume that's how they get replacement parts to support their existing Z10s. In @Hsiang's video someone in the comments mentions you might also need to "authenticate" the board before it works, not sure if that might be an additional problem if you buy spare parts from Ali.