Full finger or half finger gloves for Yuke riding?

Do you guys recommend a full finger glove for riding EUc or will a half finger suffice?  I see some folks just riding with wrist protection without gloves.  Let me know your thoughts. 

hf.thumb.jpg.a0820ae6766c8aea7937a93683ba7542.jpgff.thumb.jpg.18b2bb152bac3552f58c7cf63be7c63a.jpg

just depends.. would you prefer more mobility with your fingers and being able to use a phone etc easily, or would you prefer more protection in the event of a crash... if you arent going to be using your fingers for something then ofc id recommend full finger.. its rare the something would happen to your fingers 9/10 times its the wrist and palm that would take it, but you can never know.. maybe get both and cold months use full, and hot months use half.. idk, up to your discretion theres no real huge advantage to full finger just in that very small percentage of scenarios just in case

50 minutes ago, GQS said:

I ended up getting full finger.  Decided more protection is better.  It turns out to be not as hot as I worried.  Still pretty nimble. 

Which gloves did you go with? Definitely cool enough here in SF to ride with gloves most of the time. I do like riding with at least some wrist protection unless I'm just going around the block. I've been using the Flatlands, which offer really minimal protection against hyperextension only and not enough impact protection. I do not recommend also due to quality issues (and fitment, for me).

I haven't been able to find a single-glove solution that offers enough protection but still lets me use my touchscreen. My best combo is my Demon Flexmeters with a light, touch-enabled glove underneath. Would love to get it all in one someday.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, who_the said:

My best combo is my Demon Flexmeters with a light, touch-enabled glove underneath. Would love to get it all in one someday.

Jup, it's annoying to put on gloves + wrist protection. And those light gloves will only protect you from the wind.

I'd love to see a wrist-protector-and-glove in 1, and not something that protects your wrists by installing sliders on gloves. That doesn't help when you go down hard at low speed.

11 hours ago, who_the said:

My best combo is my Demon Flexmeters with a light, touch-enabled glove underneath. Would love to get it all in one someday.

Please let us all know when you do!

I’m in the full finger camp with the: 

Hillbilly

as they have wrist guards in them. The fewer items the better IMHO. I wear tradesman trousers just so I don’t have to wear knee pads (built in). 

The touch screen issue is proving very annoying though with 3 straps to remove the glove. So I’ve ordered some conductive thread to sew into the index finger. I’ll report back on how well it functions once delivered. I read the conductive paint isn’t great as it wears off quickly.

:)