Southern Calif - Mt Baldy - July 5th 2019

Join us for another ride to Mt Baldy for a nice lunch and return trip. This is some of the best mountain road riding that you can experience.

We will meet here at ~8:30am for departure ~9am. Any 1600wh or larger wheel can do this ride. Bring a charger with you to recharge a bit while we eat lunch.

Hope you can join us

@enigma35 @HeavyGoing @Marvin Ong @Mushuukyou @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel @Questor @Roll Model @Mike Hanna @Jon Sawa @serfy @swvision @Kimosabi @zentype @ndmcc @Mimir @Josh Morgan

@Shawn Johnson @IRK @MikeV @Peter Q @Sketch @captainwells @NBC44 @Stan Onymous @Gizmo Dork @Alsayyad @Chairman S @who_the @Dave Frear  @roghaj @downtown @Yunicyle @Terenig @Dave U @Flying W @Heyzeus @NightRider @Mike Hanna @Klin @3euc @Unosolo @Williepimpin @Heyzeus @JomMas  @BlackOutEX @Freewheeler @TomM @tihoa @Ferreal@Austin @Ben Richards

@noisycarlos @Tanabe @Dzlchef @Ando Melkonyan @YoshiSkySun @n2eus @maltocs @1Wheeler @Rama Douglas @Nick McCutcheon @mark chanya @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"

Want to see what the ride is like? Here's @n2eus's video from our last ride

Edited by Marty Backe

48 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

Nobody else tomorrow???  Guess Marty and I will tear the mountain down ourselves!

@Rama Douglas said he may be there (via Facebook). @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" never acknowledges whether he'll be there, but often shows up. It's sure to be fun regardless :D

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Another epic ride. Almost 11-hours  and 50-miles before we got back to the cars. We were borderline lost in the mountains, descending 3000 feet into a canyon where the only way out was to ride & walk 6+ miles on a rough trail that required traversing a river more then 30 times, sometimes over our knees.

Towards the end, when this picture was taken, we were starting to go crazy with the water crossings, so why not get our group picture standing in the river :D

From the left: @Dzlchef, me, @Rama Douglas, and @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"

IMG_1942

Worst part of all this is that we missed the earthquake. I'm always bummed to have not felt it when in a car...Wife said it was SCARY! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

Worst part of all this is that we missed the earthquake. I'm always bummed to have not felt it when in a car...Wife said it was SCARY! 

I did feel the earthquake while driving home, although I didn't know it. The truck moved in a funny way, almost like it was pushed by a gust of wind. Than when I got home about 15-minutes later my wife told me. And she said it was scarier than the one from the previous day.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

We didn't notice in @Dzlchef's car. Though the radio told us it had just happened...I was messing around with the GoPro last night and it pretty much puts videos together for you. All my footage is pretty badass (never had a nice camera before) It made a fun summary of the whole trip. This was the result: 

Tagging @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" too. Hope y'all are feeling rested! That was an adventure and cannot wait to see your video on e you get to it Marty! 😎

Love the video. Post it in the Video Thread too!

I'm rested, but I feel like I was in a Sumo wresting contest yesterday and I lost :lol:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Love the video. Post it in the Video Thread too!

I'm rested, but I feel like I was in a Sumo wresting contest yesterday and I lost :lol:

I'll post it there later. Once it goes up to 4k... It's still only 720p (on my devices at least). I'm assuming it will increase later today...

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

I'll post it there later. Once it goes up to 4k... It's still only 720p (on my devices at least). I'm assuming it will increase later today...

Interesting, usually doesn't take that long for mine to post at 4K. It's still 720 on my end, which is really surprising. Even at 720 it's a great video :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Thanks. I'm brand new to the GoPro editing, and I just learned the Quick app won't edit in 4k on the iPad, I also had to open settings to enable it to save at 1080p / 60fps. So I just re-uploaded just now. Still in 720, but hopefully it'll be streaming at 1080 soon...🤞 Here's the new link ... 

Yeah, editing 4K usually takes a leap in hardware. Just wait to you try editing 5.7K video :o

• Like 1