Non-stop beeping and crazy tilt-back on 18XL

D3m0nzz

This problem happened after a I removed the outer shell and replaced some screws. Updated firmware, battery is not overcharged, see a "high temperature" warning in the orange app. Any ideas before I bother Jason?

What exactly was done, just taking the outer covers off and replacing the screws holding them? No wires were detached and could have been left unattached by accident or pinched between covers, or impaled by a screw? Was mainboard exposed or touched (static discharge from fingers can destroy things)?

5 minutes ago, esaj said:

What exactly was done, just taking the outer covers off and replacing the screws holding them? No wires were detached and could have been left unattached by accident or pinched between covers, or impaled by a screw? Was mainboard exposed or touched (static discharge from fingers can destroy things)?

Just took off the outer shell and lights to replace some of the screws. I did not mess with the battery connectors or touch the boards. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, D3m0nzz said:

Just took off the outer shell and lights to replace some of the screws. I did not mess with the battery connectors or touch the boards. 

Maybe just a coincidence or bad luck then, and it had nothing to do with the failure. Even touching the board shouldn't normally cause any issues, most things are pretty well protected from short ESD-spikes up to a lot of kilovolts... Probably best to contact Jason, likely there's something wrong with the mainboard and the easiest route is to just replace it.