Gotway msuperX 1845wh 100v

hello, everyone ... I would like to tell you all .. I am using 100v Gotway for 2 months and I feel safety and speed, there is no problem for me to do more, and I think that the 100v wheels are the best .. my wheel is a modified Nikola lamp,  bigger battery ... I think that after modifications in the authorized service, I can be sure, a wheel done professionally

E482503C-6E68-4A5B-8883-18C6DD522ABD.jpeg

01DB64AB-F598-41D4-8AE9-D170E490CA75.jpeg

A17FAA08-4E7F-4E29-A3C7-0082C8F309A5.jpeg

499D3EFA-A077-40A4-B976-EB6C7A7C4250.jpeg

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone who understand the English better than I can kind of translate, or clarify some technical specs woudl be a better expression in regards to what I want to say I suppose?

I know I understand the video wrong cause I hear he got this idea for 3 years, 100v has not been on the market for that amount of time and hence the misunderstanding, if my math is correct and they are calculating the GA cell we should end up around that 1845 mark, approximately anyway not deep diving into, is it a 3.6v nominal cell or a 3.7v cell, is it 3350Wh, 3450Wh or 3500Wh and all those things cause honesty I am a bit confused myself and cannot remember hare and now what Sanyo claim?

Does not matter, point is we end up there around his claims of 1845Wh doing the math, since stock claim 1235Wh that would make the stock 100v wheel a 4p config, and this one a 6p config I assume, can anyone with a deeper understanding confirm and possibly even tell me where is the BMS for this extra pack + size of extra pack point towards another other config, or? I don't know how the stock batteries should look to be honest, only the 800Wh/84v variants.

The stock batteries in this Afeez video look just that to me, stock? But I hear something about secrets and made for him from Gotway, or did I mishear/misunderstand that as well?

I just recently made my own 2400Wh mod, ok then, not quite fully 2400Wh in realty :lol: but get my point, I know how messy it can get if you do not wrap the B;MS inside the battery pack cause it makes a huge difference if going after that nicer stock look, and simplicity when working with the wheel, I have some serious trouble just pulling all the cabling through the opening between the 2 halves and at that of course I made the battery harness cable  lower AWG at that.

I am very interested in this wheel, but I want really clear, easy to understand information if going that route + honestly the idea of extended range of the MSX 100v with all warranty and such intact is a very appealing idea to me. But it's also very important to grasp what is going on, I must eliminate any potential short cuts taken myself if to open my wallet, having the GW stamp of approval and warranty alone could make it worth the extra imho instead of doing it myself, again.

Edited by Electroman

1 hour ago, Electroman said:

Does not matter, point is we end up there around his claims of 1845Wh doing the math, since stock claim 1235Wh that would make the stock 100v wheel a 4p config, and this one a 6p config I assume, can anyone with a deeper understanding confirm and possibly even tell me where is the BMS for this extra pack + size of extra pack point towards another other config, or? I don't know how the stock batteries should look to be honest, only the 800Wh/84v variants.

edit: not true, see below

I'm just speculating, but to me it looks like this:

1845.png

So there's no extra BMS. It explains the size of the battery packs in the normal space (full size 60 cell like the 84V) and it explains why there is a cable going to the other side from the extra battery pack.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I'm just speculating, but to me it looks like this:

1845.png

So there's no extra BMS. It explains the size of the battery packs in the normal space (full size 60 cell like the 84V) and it explains why there is a cable going to the other side from the extra battery pack.

Yeah your probably right, only other way would have been to cut the BMS to much smaller and hide inside the plastic wrap, but come to think of it I cannot find any GW 100v BMS for sale?

But need 24 cell for 1p right, so yes looks correct to me. in fact I have 24 extra cell in that location myself and the other 36 cell spread out over 2 more packs, naturally I have the 84v variant but I can sacrifice a bit range again, for that power! :lol: Did not know how the 24s2p packs look but makes sence thinking about it.

12 minutes ago, US69 said:

here 2 standard 84Volt!!! packages of 2x 800wh where used....and then SERIELL a 16,8 Volt pack was connected to add up from 84 to 100,8 Volt! Thats why the size of the 2 big packs is so perfect like the normal packs! IT ARE normal 84V 800wh packs.....

The 16,8Volt extra pack probably is done from a 4p6s pack. (is even a BMS inside? who knows...)

That sounds... hmm. Is it good if all that current goes through the extra pack?

I wouldn't buy that. Rather do it the right way oneself.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, US69 said:

@meepmeepmayer

Nope...

What is done on this mod:

here 2 standard 84Volt!!! packages of 2x 800wh where used....and then SERIELL a 16,8 Volt pack was connected to add up from 84 to 100,8 Volt! Thats why the size of the 2 big packs is so perfect like the normal packs! IT ARE normal 84V 800wh packs.....

The 16,8Volt extra pack probably is done from a 4p6s pack. (is even a BMS inside? who knows...)

I have made up -a LOT- concerns about this „voltage upgrade“ mod in some groups allready.....and was taken down as „you only want to be the alpha guy“....so i dont get into any discussions about this anymore.

I can only say...fingers away from this....

My 2 cents!

a proper mod would be to add a nice custom 24s2p pack with 615wh....adding it to a 100V 1230wh version! Bit that would be much work...

Thanks.

Still you might have saved me some heart ache, very good knowledge and now it makes sense why no detailed explanation of that is out, either way I can ride my own for a while longer knowing at least that is "real" 20s9p. The monster though, that one is made like you describe right?

1 minute ago, Electroman said:

The monster though, that one is made like you describe right?

I dont know which you mean....GW makes proper 6p or 9p versions for their Monster, yeah.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Electroman said:

Sorry for being unclear, but yes that's what I meant, if the Monster is genuine and properly done as extended 100v.

GW has a 1845wh 100V Monster, as far as i know...no other. 6p! As said: As far as i know!

The standard 615wh packs GW uses...more than 3 of them dont fit in without making custom packs or moding the shell.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...