Westwheel 2 – Las Vegas, Aug. 9-11, 2019

who_the

39 minutes ago, Han Vo said:

Because my wife is riding the two wheel scooter from ewheels.

Gotcha, great question! I looked it up, here's what their website says:

"Motorcycles and two-wheeled vehicles: Exempt from parking fees." :efee6b18f3:

https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/parking

My recollection of Cosmo's underground parking is that there is a section for motorcycles, you might be in a better position than I to scope it out and see if it would be an appropriate and safe place to lock up your scooter.

We have set up a Telegram group for coordination and location status for all Westwheel 2 rides and activities. We'll have a live pin dropped in this room for all rides except those out of cell service coverage like Red Rock Canyon:

https://t.me/joinchat/G8uYrxeD70caRnrVJ4EXWg

Edited by who_the
  • Like 2

On 8/4/2019 at 6:49 PM, Marty Backe said:

I think Facebook has the best info. I'm also rather lost. I'm going and just hope I can bump into someone that has exact places and times.

On my rides I like to post Google Pins for the meetup locations along with definitive times. I think this event is more social where they are winging it. You just have to show up and get the low-down in person.

Hope to see you there :cheers:

I plan on being there too. Flying in on Friday and flying out Sunday night. Looking forward to riding with you again Marty.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Han Vo said:

Fyi guys, tunnel 3 going to Hoover dam collapsed late last year. Last I heard it's still down, what's the route that's going to be taken to Hoover dam?

Yes, bummer, but we'll go through the tunnels for fun then turn back and catch a trail to the Hoover Dam Lodge to take the main road down to the dam. :) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Michael Vu said:

I plan on being there too. Flying in on Friday and flying out Sunday night. Looking forward to riding with you again Marty.

Will be great to see you again. I'll be there for the Friday night and Saturday morning rides. It's been almost 40 years since I've been to Vegas. I wonder if it has changed much :lol:

• Like 2

I joined PEVRA and got an email: "Thank you for your order!" then the email mentions that I am entitled for free registration for the Westwheel 2 event:

- Where can I register?

- Do we get a membership card? perhaps a virtual card or something by email?

2 hours ago, Yellowman said:

I joined PEVRA and got an email: "Thank you for your order!" then the email mentions that I am entitled for free registration for the Westwheel 2 event:

- Where can I register?

- Do we get a membership card? perhaps a virtual card or something by email?

Thank you very much! Your membership is your registration, you are welcome at any and all Westwheel events! Yes, PEVRA membership cards are being printed and laminated and will be mailed out soon. 

2 minutes ago, Han Vo said:

Just signed myself and wifey up. See you guys friday

It's going to be a Nikola party Friday night :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It's going to be a Nikola party Friday night :thumbup:

Oh yeah. Still haven't switched out my board. I'll wait till after the ride. Don't want to mess it up before the ride

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Han Vo said:

Oh yeah. Still haven't switched out my board. I'll wait till after the ride. Don't want to mess it up before the ride

I'm trying to decide whether to bring the 84-volt or 100-volt Nikola. Decisions decisions B)

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm trying to decide whether to bring the 84-volt or 100-volt Nikola. Decisions decisions B)

We're hauling down 8 wheels, 2 skateboards and (literally) 50 pounds of chargers and cables!

Edited by who_the
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, who_the said:

We're hauling down 8 wheels, 2 skateboards and (literally) 50 pounds of chargers and cables!

Are you drawing straws to see who gets strapped to the top of the car? :lol:

7 hours ago, Freewheeler said:

Where are you @Dave U. Haven't seen you on any of the rides so far. Hope you're ok. Ping back!

Got kinda busy this weekend so I had to cancel my Hotel reservation. Enjoy your trip, see you all at CicLAvia Hollywood this coming Sunday Aug. 18th

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great weekend! Bottom half of body still pretty sore! Def was the most I've ridden in such a short period of time.

Also, how are we sharing all of the content that was captured from the weekend?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TMoats said:

Great weekend! Bottom half of body still pretty sore! Def was the most I've ridden in such a short period of time.

Also, how are we sharing all of the content that was captured from the weekend?

Currently I've been posting all my pictures on the Bay Area Facebook page. Got a good picture of you there. I'll get copies here eventually.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Yellowman said:

For new comers, what's that page's link?

On Facebook, search for "Bay Area Electric Unicycle Group".  Not sure if this link will work: https://www.facebook.com/groups/621491334621039/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1