Westwheel 2 – Las Vegas, Aug. 9-11, 2019

who_the

ww2-final.thumb.jpg.d43635949495664b94af285cd428a646.jpgSo nice, we did it twice! Really happy to be able to announce Westwheel 2, PEVRA's now-annual riding event held in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA this August. Join us for three days of group rides and meetups with enthusiasts of personal electric vehicles of all kinds. This year we're adding a mod contest with 'Best in Show' prizes, plus an (optional) buffet dinner to help reduce your range for the rest of your stay. ;)

Westwheel 2
Las Vegas, Nev., USA
Aug 9 - 11, 2019

Westwheel 2 is open to all types of PEV, but I am of course an EUC guy and have been for years. We provide route and charging "options" for our friends with less range, but I can tell you the destinations, routes and potential routes offer an optimized experience for EUC riders: Traffic-protected, newly-laid asphalt, winding through a desert canyon for miles? Got it at Red Rock. Off-road, nice and technical? That too. If you like urban riding, Downtown Las Vegas is a great place to cruise at night. Up for real adventure? The Las Vegas Strip -- in traffic lanes, where we are legal -- is the ultimate street-riding experience. And the route to Hoover Dam is entirely bike trails, until a short stretch of speed-controlled traffic when we descend and ride across the Dam — as a group on our EUC!

http://pevra.org/westwheel

We're doing Westwheel this year as a PEVRA membership event. Since 2018, PEVRA has advocated for safety, legality, and inclusion for personal electric vehicles everywhere. In order to expand our offerings and services, as PEVRA executive director I invite you to join us as members to show support and unity.

We're starting our first-ever 1-year membership at just $9.99, which includes free registration to Westwheel 2 and other PEVRA benefits, like a safety kit including reflective stickers, and '100% Legal' wallet cards showing laws in your state or country supporting the use of PEV. A PEVRA membership also includes PEVRA Lettersmith, where members can request a letter be sent to local agencies, districts, or other entities encouraging legal status for PEV.

If the cost of a PEVRA membership is too much of an economic burden, we have a limited number of scholarship memberships we can offer upon request. Feel free to reach me by PM.

Hope to see you in Vegas for Westwheel 2!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

To clarify based on some feedback we've heard, all of our Westwheel 2 rides are in public spaces and anyone is 100% free to join them. We're not requiring or enforcing PEVRA membership to take part in any of our group rides. We of course encourage participants to become PEVRA members, to help us pay for a 3-day event like this, which is not free to put on, and also to be able to do more work toward legality and safety of this hobby we all enjoy so much.Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Michael Vu said:

I plan on going but wondering if I can hitch a ride in someone's car for the red rock canyon and Hoverdam rides? I'll be flying in so I won't have a car.

Awesome! Last year we had a few people drive to these venues and we should be able to accommodate. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 4:20 PM, who_the said:

The Las Vegas Strip -- in traffic lanes, where we are legal -- is the ultimate street-riding experience.

Totally down for this as I am a Vegas local. Will be bringing my camera gear(SLR Camera+Gimbal) to capture the experience. Hoping this will be Saturday night? @who_the 

Was the only night I requested off from work.

Is there any kind of schedule? I was thinking of driving out for the Friday night and Saturday morning rides and then return home.

But I can't find any information for meeting times and locations of each morning and evening ride. I don't want to take the drive if I have to wing it in terms of finding anyone.

I'm guessing maybe I have to register in which case I'm out of luck :(

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Is there any kind of schedule?

https://www.facebook.com/events/1298668166963903/

It's all in the Facebook event. And now here:

Friday

7 p.m. Meetup + Downtown Las Vegas ride

Saturday

6 a.m. Red Rock Canyon ride
5 p.m. Buffet dinner (optional, $49 or included with PEVRA lifetime membership)
8 p.m. Mod competition + Best in Show awards
9 p.m. Night ride + afterride

Sunday

9 a.m. Hoover Dam ride

• Like 1

We’ve got three of us driving in from Arizona and California and got our motel lined up and time off work. Looking forward to new terrain! 

The schedule is still fuzzy to me because it says 7 PM ride on the strip but doesn’t say where to meet.  The post earlier says meeting Friday night at 8 PM at the Tenaya Creek brewery so I’m confused.  Is there a local contact person we can have so we can touch base in case we need to reach out? 

• Like 1

We are very exited about this awesome looking ride !  However, we have not heard any specific ride TIMES and MEET UP LOCATIONS from PEVRA.  We are coming from Tucson and will be putting in an eight hour drive to get to Vegas.  

We've left messages at the PEVRA number as well as Emails to the group.

Does ANYONE have any HARD INFORMATION for us.  Happy to join the organization as well, but concerned about our investment of time, hotel, rental car and fuel dollars for this ride. !

Any information  ??

6 hours ago, PLAYA-RIDER said:

We are very exited about this awesome looking ride !  However, we have not heard any specific ride TIMES and MEET UP LOCATIONS from PEVRA.  We are coming from Tucson and will be putting in an eight hour drive to get to Vegas.  

We've left messages at the PEVRA number as well as Emails to the group.

Does ANYONE have any HARD INFORMATION for us.  Happy to join the organization as well, but concerned about our investment of time, hotel, rental car and fuel dollars for this ride. !

Any information  ??

I think Facebook has the best info. I'm also rather lost. I'm going and just hope I can bump into someone that has exact places and times.

On my rides I like to post Google Pins for the meetup locations along with definitive times. I think this event is more social where they are winging it. You just have to show up and get the low-down in person.

Hope to see you there :cheers:

• Like 1

Facebook didn't seem to have much more information than I had before.  Pretty vague details for someone travelling from out of state.

I guess we are going to wing it and leave it up to the wheel gods to make it happen.

But thanks for the information. 

Hope to see you there too.:)

2 minutes ago, PLAYA-RIDER said:

Facebook didn't seem to have much more information than I had before.  Pretty vague details for someone travelling from out of state.

I guess we are going to wing it and leave it up to the wheel gods to make it happen.

@who_the - where are you? People are looking for information ...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Han Vo said:

I am down

1 hour ago, PLAYA-RIDER said:

On 8/1/2019 at 4:29 PM, Wizzzjeff said:

We’ve got three of us driving in from Arizona and California and got our motel lined up and time off work. Looking forward to new terrain! 

The schedule is still fuzzy to me because it says 7 PM ride on the strip but doesn’t say where to meet.  The post earlier says meeting Friday night at 8 PM at the Tenaya Creek brewery so I’m confused.  Is there a local contact person we can have so we can touch base in case we need to reach out? 

I've just been told that details for the events will be posted Monday morning. I assume on the Facebook page. Maybe here too.

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I've just been told that details for the events will be posted Monday morning. I assume on the Facebook page. Maybe here too.

I'll be going but I'm not finding to much info?  @who_the some of us believe it or not don't bother with Facebook. We would like more info other than FB. Like Marty said maybe here.

Edited by Dave U
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dave U said:

I'll be going but I'm not finding to much info?  @who_the some of us believe it or not don't bother with Facebook. We would like more info other than FB. Like Marty said maybe here.

Haha! What’s Facebook?? No thanks. 😳

• Like 1

Full Westwheel 2 schedule now posted! Hit us up for questions or details.

Friday, August 9, 2019

• 7 p.m. – Meetup/Introductions. Discovery Children's Museum, 360 Promenade Place, 89106
  • 8:30 p.m. – Downtown Las Vegas Night Ride ~ 12-15 mile loop returning to start point. Leaves from Discovery Museum, paid parking available.

Saturday, August 10, 2019

• 6 a.m. – Red Rock Canyon Sunrise Ride. Visitor Center, 1000 Scenic Loop Drive. Admission $15/car, $5/pedestrian. ~ 15 miles
  • 4:30 p.m. – Buffet Dinner (Optional, $41, payable to restaurant or included with lifetime PEVRA membership). Wicked Spoon, The Cosmopolitan, 3708 S. Las Vegas Blvd., 89109
  • 7:30 p.m. – Westwheel 2 Mod Show & Awards. Tenaya Creek Brewery, 831 W. Bonanza Rd., 89106. Free parking, lot closes at 12 midnight!
  • 9 p.m. – UNLV Night Ride. Departs from Tenaya Creek Brewery, loops to return. ~ 15 miles

Sunday, August 11, 2019

• 9 a.m. – Hoover Dam Ride. Bighorn Park, Boulder City, 89005, free parking. ~ 20 miles

@Wizzzjeff @Dave U @PLAYA-RIDER

• Like 2

Paid for my Pevra membership yesterday. I'm down for all these rides, I live in Vegas, but don't have a car- I also have an apartment with plenty of open space if anyone needs a place to crash. 

I am able to get a vehicle into Red Rock for free with m
y veterans card, so if you could pick me up for that one, i could get you in free. -Could use a pickup for all the rides, but will find a way to get there no matter what.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Han Vo said:

So for the lifetime membership of 100 we get a buffet dinner at the wicked spoon. Where will we be putting our pev? 

Yes, or you can just show up and buy dinner on your own, if you wish. I am leaving our wheels in our car in secure parking. If you have an EUC I don't see why you couldn't just roll it in and lean it against the wall or your table. Lots of people push luggage around everywhere in Vegas, I've never been told my wheel wasn't welcome there.