Inmotion stick on ankle pads do you use them?

Pieter Louwers

DO NOT stick them on unless you are absolutely 100% positive they are exactly where you want them... the backing is the stickiest substance known to mankind it took me literally an hour of scrubbing with goo-gone and isopropyl alcohol to get the residue off, needless to say it was utterly useless afterwards and i had to use my own stuff.. get some packing tape or masking tape and stick them on temporarily with that to ensure the positioning is perfect.. for me i actually found that i didnt like them they are too much of a bulge and in a small area, i used this stuff that i had lots of laying around its very soft and unobtrusive

download.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

DO NOT stick them on unless you are absolutely 100% positive they are exactly where you want them... the backing is the stickiest substance known to mankind it took me literally an hour of scrubbing with goo-gone and isopropyl alcohol to get the residue off, needless to say it was utterly useless afterwards and i had to use my own stuff.. get some packing tape or masking tape and stick them on temporarily with that to ensure the positioning is perfect.. for me i actually found that i didnt like them they are too much of a bulge and in a small area, i used this stuff that i had lots of laying around its very soft and unobtrusive

download.jpg

Thanks for this tip. Now I'm hesitating again :D I heard this before and indeed I haven't put anything yet besides the cover/sleeve that I took of now because I feel comfy enough not to drop the machine every 5 minutes. Been riding for 1 month now. I was hesitating because I saw in a video that these pads will help you do a skateboard kind of pop to jump up curbs and it would be cool to learn that. I tried without but I can't get the wheel of the ground for more then a centimeter or so :P 

Just now, Pieter Louwers said:

Thanks for this tip. Now I'm hesitating again :D I heard this before and indeed I haven't put anything yet besides the cover/sleeve that I took of now because I feel comfy enough not to drop the machine every 5 minutes. Been riding for 1 month now. I was hesitating because I saw in a video that these pads will help you do a skateboard kind of pop to jump up curbs and it would be cool to learn that. I tried without but I can't get the wheel of the ground for more then a centimeter or so :P 

any padding whatsoever will help in that regard.. im not saying you absolutely shouldnt use the pads, just tack them on there temporarily and make sure you really like their positioning and how they feel before you commit.. because you will be committed :P these pads arent better or worse for jumping the wheel than anything else that would count as padding.. as long as its not the smooth gloss plastic lol, but you already have those, so might as well use them

Just now, Rywokast said:

any padding whatsoever will help in that regard.. im not saying you absolutely shouldnt use the pads, just tack them on there temporarily and make sure you really like their positioning and how they feel before you commit.. because you will be committed :P these pads arent better or worse for jumping the wheel than anything else that would count as padding.. as long as its not the smooth gloss plastic lol, but you already have those, so might as well use them

Ok thanks. Maybe I'll just use double sided tape to stick them on for a bit so that I can easily pull them off before I put them permanent :) 

• Like 1

I never used any ankle pads. On the first few weeks it may hurts and you even get some blue marks.. but I can guarantee that your ankle get used to it any you won't have any problems with it after some time.

On my side I hate to stick anything on my beautiful EUC, it just makes it ugly.. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 4:32 PM, Zodd1982 said:

but I can guarantee that your ankle get used to it any you won't have any problems with it after some time.

That guaranty did not work for me: I have done over 10 000 km with the V8 and my ankles did not get used to it so far :)

I find ankle pads over time actually more and more useful, because I use more and more the ankle contact for wheel control. I don't say that this is necessary, but for me it seems to work better with ankle contact. The provided pads become ineffective after a few thousand km and I also added the above shown baby padding.

1 hour ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

I’m gonna make kuji  pads 

hopefully you can find a way to not make them such an eye sore, especially on such a nice looking wheel

2 hours ago, Rywokast said:

hopefully you can find a way to not make them such an eye sore, especially on such a nice looking wheel

I know.  That’s why I haven’t done it yet.   I love my gorgeous wheel.   I gotta figure out how to make them look cool.     I hate to be superficial like that... but uhhhh.  Yeah. I guess I am. Lol any ideas on making them look cool ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

I know.  That’s why I haven’t done it yet.   I love my gorgeous wheel.   I gotta figure out how to make them look cool.     I hate to be superficial like that... but uhhhh.  Yeah. I guess I am. Lol any ideas on making them look cool ? 

haha me too,, idk I would probably lol for pads used on something else like a motorbike or cut the shape out of a yoga mat maybe