Inmotion V8 - Maximum System and CPU Temperature?

EUC Custom Power-Pads

I never got much more then 70°. Not sure if it's even possible to raise it more, on a outside temp of 30° I got around 70° on a steep hill climb.

A normal Mainboard (on a PC) can take easy 85° without a damage so I think it's save to say you won't damage it. PC Mainboard or on a Monowheel isn't much of a different thing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a light guy at 65kg and even when climbing 200altitude meters in 2km distance the wheel stays below 50degrees. (V8).

I thought overheating was a problem but it doesn't seem to be. Now I just hit the climbs quite confidently and lean on the power.

What I do feel is voltage sag in the battery. I immagine running another cell in series and switching to low sag panasonic GA cells would do wonders for climbing. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, alcatraz said:

I'm a light guy at 65kg and even when climbing 200altitude meters in 2km distance the wheel stays below 50degrees. (V8).

I thought overheating was a problem but it doesn't seem to be. Now I just hit the climbs quite confidently and lean on the power.

What I do feel is voltage sag in the battery. I immagine running another cell in series and switching to low sag panasonic GA cells would do wonders for climbing. 

On long but not steep slopes I can't get above 50° C either, but when I bring the V8 to its limit on soft forest terrain and very steep slopes, the temperature goes quickly above 60°. So far I have always given him a break.

If 70° C is okay, then I'm satisfied for now and hope that the 16X will be available soon. :D