World's Greatest Electric Unicycle Race!

Kuji Rolls

Who organizes this event?  Seems like it is very well run.  The community there seems night and day from where I am where there are only a few of us that I know of that ride these.

12 hours ago, Xoltri said:

Who organizes this event?  Seems like it is very well run.  The community there seems night and day from where I am where there are only a few of us that I know of that ride these.

Some guy named Greg Delam runs Electric Games. Its not just him though, he's got like 15 people helping him run the event. He's got ties with the government and loves his wheels. So... he's the perfect guy to start this. 

Hey  kuji, i had an idea for a video that i think you should make..."a tutorial for euc competitions" like a how to or what to practice to be able to compete or even win.. since you've competed in the biggest euc games known to date and you make awesome videos i think you'd be the perfect person to help us train for the LA games in october  (which you should totally come to by the way)... just an idea...   one id really like to see you do :)   thanks bro  you're awesome !!!!!

• Upvote 1

Nothing breeds excellence like competition, and everybody participating in that event seemed at a very high skill level. At the least, if you weren't skilled then participation and education (watching others is a form of education) would make you quite skilled. Band camp for unicycles.

The basketball game and the up-jump of two big steps seemed impossibly difficult.

On 6/28/2019 at 5:14 PM, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

Hey  kuji, i had an idea for a video that i think you should make..."a tutorial for euc competitions" like a how to or what to practice to be able to compete or even win.. since you've competed in the biggest euc games known to date and you make awesome videos i think you'd be the perfect person to help us train for the LA games in october  (which you should totally come to by the way)... just an idea...   one id really like to see you do :)   thanks bro  you're awesome !!!!!

I'm not sure if im an authority on how to organize a competition, but i did my best to try to cover the amenities which could inspire others. After looking at the Oakland race videos im not sure if there is a one-size fits all training package. Basically id say to win is to ride faster than everyone else. =] ... and dont fall. If for some reason im in the area, id definitely check out the LA games! 

22 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Nothing breeds excellence like competition, and everybody participating in that event seemed at a very high skill level. At the least, if you weren't skilled then participation and education (watching others is a form of education) would make you quite skilled. Band camp for unicycles.

The basketball game and the up-jump of two big steps seemed impossibly difficult.

Yes, I have never been around so many good riders in my life. When you got a bunch of people on a similar skill level, things like basketwheel magically happen. I want this in my life... everyday.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kuji Rolls said:

Actually, i am accidentally doing that next. I think all of the top 6 or 7 riders in the competition had padding around their feet (around their ankles, above their toes and/or near the front for their shins). The top 4 had "kuji pads" which is going to be in my next video on "how to jump with any electric unicycle". 

Nice. That’s awesome.   👍👍 can’t wait man 😁

• Upvote 1