EcoDrift shows and disassembles the 16X (preproduction model)

meepmeepmayer

The 16X has 7 speakers! 3 on each side and a subwoofer behind that front grate. Wow!

It seems quite well built, with custom fitted parts seen everywhere. For example see how the speakers match the empty spaces next to the pedal hanger.

The only exception is the battery. It has no casing and a crazy shape. They could have designed that better. Looks a little precarious. Hopefully the production one will be less of a glue mess; and it won't be easily damaged in a crash.

Razbiraem-monokoleso-Kingsong-KS-16X-8.j

Razbiraem-monokoleso-Kingsong-KS-16X-20.

• Like 2

From

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

"We contacted Kingsong about this. They replied that, in their opinion, SmartBMS consumes the battery in addition when the wheel is off, complicates the design and generally reduces reliability. I disagree with the Kingsong engineers. In my opinion, this is just a desire to save. Although, I must admit that SmartBMS on the wheels of the Ninebot Z-series is a very frequent problem. "

Stupid arguing of Kingsong - they should change their responsible engineer.

Only because ninebot messed it up, there is no reason against a better BMS. Would be great to have a wheel to show the real battery state (cell voltages) - that could warn once cells get unbalanced and aged. 

• Upvote 2

I tried to merge @meepmeepmayer topic (link to @EcoDrift's blogs) to @EcoDrift's now new topic with the link to the new english article - so the topic and discussion stays together...

Unfortionately i messed this up and merged it the other way around.

Sorry - will try the next time in the testing section to make it the right way round :(

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This probably won't make me very popular but I feel the innards of the 16X are a bit of a mess tbh. I really do hope that this is because it's a pre-production.

It all just looks a bit thrown together. The battery is, as has been mentioned, a bit of a state.

The wiring isn't great either - sloppy and the occasional P clip which doesn't hold the wire snugly and allows movement therefore makes the clip a bit pointless. Using multiple, individual unsupported wires to the motor isn't clever either. The wiring job alone wouldn't even pass home built kit car SVA requirements.

• Upvote 1