Sologear G3-30, is it any good?

David Møller

Has anyone heard of or have any experience with this brand? I bought this on a whim yesterday, I got a good price. This retails for 8000NOK in Norway, about 980USD. I got one new for 4500NOK, about 550USD or 370GBP. I have 45 days to return it if I change my mind, but can´t find many reviews on the brand or model. Not sure if unicycles is for me at all, I´m used to skating and walking between taking a lot of public transportation like tram, metro and bus every day. 

Link to store I ordered it from (in Norwegian):  https://www.komplett.no/product/850516/hjem-fritid/fritidsutstyr/sthjulinger/sologear-unicycle-g3-30

The unicycle I´ve ordered: http://sologear-unicycle.en.made-in-china.com/product/ySjJDNcbklWY/China-Carbon-Fiber-Pattern-Sologear-G3-Self-Balancing-Electric-Unicycle-Scooter.

1ee1f3d3-2c3b-4bb6-b262-bf80e74af8a9.jpg9590b428-af34-4055-893f-1e5979b1d6d1.jpg6c906263-a9e6-1013-b3d3-cc4cdd84bbfe.jpg

Looks like the often used solowheel clone with some commonly used upgrades added like: reflectors, lights, and a rubber charging cap.
Its great to use it to learn to ride, but once you got the hang of it and like it, you probably will want to get a better wheel, the specs are pretty mediocre compared to today's best wheels.

Yep, just another brand overcharging you on the price, this is probably no better nor worse than Airwheel X3, among others, as it has the exact same specs.

If you change your mind, I currently sell the cheapest unicycles on finn.no, and they are produced to my standards, delivered with Samsung 132WH battery ;)

Look for the Speedy B14

It looks like a great wheel to learn on! Be careful, if you get hooked on it you will want more speed, more range, more terrain! 

By the way, when you are starting out you might want to wear more protective clothing than you have on in your profile pic to reduce the amount of skin you lose on the pavement! :) 

Have fun!

The range is very VERY optimistic, you are above the average chinese (in size and weight) that is used to "estimate" these ranges. So I think realistically you will get 20-25km range, if you ride uphill or against the wind, its going to be even less.

For 550$ or equivalent in other currencies you should be able to get a wheel more powerful with the same range. So if you can give it back and decide not to go with a "beater"wheel to learn, I'd go for it. Or you look for other clones that sell cheaper, you should be able to get hold of this clone for about 300€ as stated above.

Archived