WARNING: Gotway Nikola production (assembly) issue [Solved]

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Pssst. You only live ~15-miles from me. Where I live, summer is 365-days long B)

P.s. I don't think (but I don't have any direct knowledge) the trade wars add any delays. It's just additional fees (tariffs).

yes but those additional fees and tariffs is like 25%. 25% of $2,000 is a lot of money! 

And I was actually trying to do Mount Wilson without walking. You of all people have seen my struggles on my V10F. I'm not doing that again. I was going to see if Brandon can make it up the hill on 512Wh of MTen3. But now that I know he can ride the mcm5, I know for sure he'll make it. And his summer ends mid-august. 

I'm actually more curious to know if the tariff excuse is a real one or if they just have other delays, like stock.

The good news is I complain about the delay and the price dropped since I purchased it almost a month ago and they've offered me a free 10amp charger. I'll probably never actually use it since slow charging is better than fast charging for the battery and the whole reason for the huge battery is the fact that I don't have to charge halfway through my ride.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maltocs said:

yes but those additional fees and tariffs is like 25%. 25% of $2,000 is a lot of money! 

And I was actually trying to do Mount Wilson without walking. You of all people have seen my struggles on my V10F. I'm not doing that again. I was going to see if Brandon can make it up the hill on 512Wh of MTen3. But now that I know he can ride the mcm5, I know for sure he'll make it. And his summer ends mid-august. 

I'm actually more curious to know if the tariff excuse is a real one or if they just have other delays, like stock.

The good news is I complain about the delay and the price dropped since I purchased it almost a month ago and they've offered me a free 10amp charger. I'll probably never actually use it since slow charging is better than fast charging for the battery and the whole reason for the huge battery is the fact that I don't have to charge halfway through my ride.

think EWheels is eating half the cost of the tariffs, which does help to ease the burden. Are you being charged a separate tariff fee with your direct-from-China purchase?

I can't imagine how the tariffs would add any perceptible amount of delay, but I don't know the gritty details.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

think EWheels is eating half the cost of the tariffs, which does help to ease the burden. Are you being charged a separate tariff fee with your direct-from-China purchase?

I can't imagine how the tariffs would add any perceptible amount of delay, but I don't know the gritty details.

It's my first purchase from AliExpress. The listing that I purchased it from seller green fashion does not list any additional tariffs, only a shipped price. It's already down to $2240. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, maltocs said:

It's my first purchase from AliExpress. The listing that I purchased it from seller green fashion does not list any additional tariffs, only a shipped price. It's already down to $2240. 

For $1600wh? More people getting a Nikola. Looks like we gonna have rave light party here soon :lol:

2 hours ago, maltocs said:

Is THAT how you guys receive wheels in Europe?? So time-consuming! And who handles and pays for secondary shipping?? I would imagine ewheels is suffering the same delays from the trade wars so it would be somewhat pointless for me to cancel and order though jason if my goal is to get it faster. If they ship TODAY, the summer will already be half over before I get it. :(

Well, I received my last two wheels (V10F and the Nikola) pretty much two weeks after of ordering, so :thumbup:. From what I understand I've been exceptionally lucky though..

Edit: And the round-about is included in the shipping from the seller.

Edited by Nils
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Anagnorisis said:

Brand new got glue.

Brand new wheel, right? Makes sense at this time. Could you post a picture of the other side of the board or just give the serial number on the sticker on the board (it contains the production date in the first 8 digits) please?

Edited by meepmeepmayer
spelling
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, maltocs said:

Is THAT how you guys receive wheels in Europe?? So time-consuming! And who handles and pays for secondary shipping?? I would imagine ewheels is suffering the same delays from the trade wars so it would be somewhat pointless for me to cancel and order though jason if my goal is to get it faster. If they ship TODAY, the summer will already be half over before I get it. :(

I don't think so.  I was following a thread recently where Eurpoean buyers were tracking their wheels delivery progress.  They appeared to be on trains (Europe is connected to China if you cross enough countries) Blame it on Marco Polo.  Although train travel Across Euroasia has historically been almost impossible, recent improvements in the routes has resulted in the ability to transport 100% over land.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yiwu–London_railway_line

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Anagnorisis said:

Brand new got glue.

I assume that the hot-glue isn't brand new ;)

Where did you buy the wheel? Hopefully you'll be getting a new control board soon.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I assume that the hot-glue isn't brand new ;)

Where did you buy the wheel? Hopefully you'll be getting a new control board soon.

I bought it off Jason over at Ewheels. So when I get the new board will I need to solder anything? The board looks like one giant ESC with a gyro, sort of like my quadcopters.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Anagnorisis said:

Brand new got glue.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_31af.thumb.jpg.743b5c232c2c9ee809fefc4deefa9dc8.jpg

Hey! the good news is you found it without busting your face or burning up mosfets.  A little heat, a little scraping, good as new....better even, and 99% peace of mind. (you can never be 100%)

Or maybe Jason would like it back as a spare.

Edited by Smoother

1 hour ago, Anagnorisis said:

I bought it off Jason over at Ewheels. So when I get the new board will I need to solder anything? The board looks like one giant ESC with a gyro, sort of like my quadcopters.

I received an e-mail today from EWheels. Presumably you did too. In the e-mail Jason states that there will be a video showing how to swap the board.

All you will need is a hex key (for removing one of the pedals), a different hex key to remove one side panel, a phillips screw driver, and an X-ACTO knife. From your picture, looks like you have all of these tools :D. Just a bunch of unplugging of connects and re-plugging connectors.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kens said:

food-art-designs-sculptures-artwork-cool

What about people that only have kinda knife? :lol:

All right smart-ass ;)

Thanks, and fixed :facepalm:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Anagnorisis said:

Just a quick question how do I remove those 3 connections that seem to go to the hub of the motor from the board. Is it a turn motion or pull motion?

Gently but firmly, pull (probably with a slight back and forth twisting motion)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, maltocs said:

When did you order it? I ordered the same wheel from the same seller (would have ordered from Jason if ewheel carries it) on June 7th. I contacted the seller couple days ago, and he said the wheel is already on the way, and once it's cleared custom, I will receive a tracking number from Fedex.

Hey when the replacement boards finally arrive and we have to put them in place, do any of you guys re-apply glue back on the parts? I mean how often do these connectors wiggle loose or was the purpose of the glue simply moisture resistance?

Additionally, I was wondering if the Nikola has any more parts that can fail? So, for example, I see that there is this connector that is called the "hall effect" sensor cable, it seems to run alongside the 3 bullet connectors into the motor housing. I am sure it's like an ESC where it controls the motor to move forward or back but wondering if there are sensitive components in there if anyone knows. 

Finally the documentation is in Chinese and it doesn't seem to have schematics, is there a wiring diagram or similar? Just curious that's all.

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Brand new wheel, right? Makes sense at this time. Could you post a picture of the other side of the board or just give the serial number on the sticker on the board (it contains the production date in the first 8 digits) please?

Is this what you're looking for?

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_31b5.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jia Liu said:

When did you order it? I ordered the same wheel from the same seller (would have ordered from Jason if ewheel carries it) on June 7th. I contacted the seller couple days ago, and he said the wheel is already on the way, and once it's cleared custom, I will receive a tracking number from Fedex.

I ordered it the day before you, June 6. At least that's the day the order went though after a few days of clearing my credit card non-sense. It's already on the way?? Do you have a trackable tracking number? I don't. Here's my timeline:

June 3 - attempted order, but need to clear credit card

June 6 - CC cleared, order confirmed

June 14 - received email from aliexpress saying shipped with untrackable tracking number

June 24 - messaged seller asking for shipping status. They are pretty good with responding during China business hours. Response is attached.

Please let me know if you get a LEGIT tracking number. Thanks.

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, maltocs said:

I ordered it the day before you, June 6. At least that's the day the order went though after a few days of clearing my credit card non-sense. It's already on the way?? Do you have a trackable tracking number? I don't. Here's my timeline:

June 3 - attempted order, but need to clear credit card

June 6 - CC cleared, order confirmed

June 14 - received email from aliexpress saying shipped with untrackable tracking number

June 24 - messaged seller asking for shipping status. They are pretty good with responding during China business hours. Response is attached.

Please let me know if you get a LEGIT tracking number. Thanks.

Capture.JPG

Wow, we had the same mishap, cc denied, called the bank, got it cleared, ordered again 😅

Here is my last conversation with the seller, a few days after yours, so probably yours is also on the way. 

No, I don’t have a legit tracking number (there is one, but useless 😢)

B606E6E6-77AC-4C1D-9CF2-1B517927163E.jpeg

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Anagnorisis said:

Hey when the replacement boards finally arrive and we have to put them in place, do any of you guys re-apply glue back on the parts? I mean how often do these connectors wiggle loose or was the purpose of the glue simply moisture resistance?

Additionally, I was wondering if the Nikola has any more parts that can fail? So, for example, I see that there is this connector that is called the "hall effect" sensor cable, it seems to run alongside the 3 bullet connectors into the motor housing. I am sure it's like an ESC where it controls the motor to move forward or back but wondering if there are sensitive components in there if anyone knows. 

Finally the documentation is in Chinese and it doesn't seem to have schematics, is there a wiring diagram or similar? Just curious that's all.

I was wondering this, do I need to re-apply the glue to connectors when I change my Tesla v2 board?  What’s the best stuff to use?