WARNING: Gotway Nikola production (assembly) issue [Solved]

7 hours ago, Nils said:

Quite right, the only one of the connectors that didn't have silicon on it from the factory..

Oh, somehow I didn't catch that. Very strange! I've never seen a Gotway control board that didn't have silicon on all the connectors.

That does make my statement somewhat ironic :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

@Nils Did you have to pay tax and customs on your buy of the Nikola on topp of the price at Ali wheeltech?

For European sales the Ali sellers typically do a two step shipping operation, so wheels will for the last leg be shipped from within Europe.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

My friend received his first gen Nikola yesterday. He opened it up before going for the first ride to remove the glue from the mosfets.

As an interesting data point, his wheel, dated April 2019, did not have any glue on the mosfets.

CBC821-E2-9321-4032-805-A-525-F3-C8-EE6-

6-E9-C56-C5-9-E95-4-D26-BC4-E-82-BFF9-AC

Unfortunately as he was removing the cooling plate, the board slipped, and the solder points at the bottom of the board shorted with sparks. Now the wheel is dead, and he is waiting for a new board.

:wacko:

well thats a kick in the balls.. at least it will be a new board lol.. shouldve asked the dealer for a free v2 board

On 7/17/2019 at 7:04 AM, Eliran said:

Great video @Nils. Nice move on teaching the ones (like me) that power on the unit after disconnecting the batteries results in a capacitor energy drainage, avoiding electric problems while you deal with the electronics. By the way, you´ve paid for this new board or eWheels just sent you the new one to avoid problems?

ATB.

I told, I've cheered, but.......

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

That’s a real bummer! I was under the impression that GW included instructions with each new Nikola board stating the importance of first disconnecting the battery packs followed by turning on the wheel. 

In this case it wasn't a replacement board but a new wheel that was opened up. However, I don't think GW includes any instructions generally speaking, at least I just got the board. eWheels seems to have mailed out instructions for their customers though. Would depend on the seller probably.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Unfortunately as he was removing the cooling plate, the board slipped, and the solder points at the bottom of the board shorted with sparks. Now the wheel is dead, and he is waiting for a new board.

:wacko:

Where did he buy the nikola? In China or at a local dealer?

I asked my dealer to check for production date at wednesday. This was 19th of May. So I didn't buy the Nikola!

He bought it from Ali. The seller agreed to send the new generation board, but it will of course first arrive to the seller from Gotway, so it’ll take some extra time.

6 hours ago, Nils said:

In this case it wasn't a replacement board but a new wheel that was opened up. However, I don't think GW includes any instructions generally speaking, at least I just got the board. eWheels seems to have mailed out instructions for their customers though. Would depend on the seller probably.

That’s even worse! I remember opening up a new ACM when it arrived due to wiring and MB issues. Thank God I had another wheel.

15 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

That’s even worse! I remember opening up a new ACM when it arrived due to wiring and MB issues. Thank God I had another wheel.

All of this is a plan from GotWay to sell their Mten as a second EUC. :w00t2::ph34r::P

• Like 1

Got notified that Nikola 100v 1845wh from Aliexpress has been delivered to my local Fedex store and is waiting for me to pick up, unfortunately I am stuck at work till late evening, so won't be able to see the wheel until tomorrow morning :(

@maltocs  have you received yours?

Edited by Jia Liu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jia Liu said:

Can’t resist the itch, had to take off from work early to pick the wheel up...

Everything looks great, except...there is no charger in the box :confused1: now contacting the seller. I plan to buy a fast charger anyways, does the ewheel one work for Nikola?

911A09E5-7DDA-4634-AB45-13F38938FCDD.jpeg

any 84 volt charger with the 4 pin aviation connector will work.. although it looks like you have the 100V version so actually its a 5 pin 100V charger that you need.. yes the ewheels one will work if its 100V of course, i didnt know they made a 100V one??

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jia Liu said:

Can’t resist the itch, had to take off from work early to pick the wheel up...

Everything looks great, except...there is no charger in the box :confused1: now contacting the seller. I plan to buy a fast charger anyways, does the ewheel one work for Nikola?

911A09E5-7DDA-4634-AB45-13F38938FCDD.jpeg

Seller says the charger is shipped in a separated package. Now I can sleep peacefully tonight :sleep1:

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jia Liu said:

Seller says the charger is shipped in a separated package. Now I can sleep peacefully tonight :sleep1:

thats weird as hell.. the factory has no standard 100V charger???

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

thats weird as hell.. the factory has no standard 100V charger???

Here's the scoop as I see it. The shipping box for the Nikola has a spot for the charger - the 84-volt charger. The 100-volt chargers are much bigger so the standard shipping box/foam inserts provide no room for the 100-volt charger.

Rather than redesign a new shipping box, they ship the charger in a separate box.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Believe it or not, @maltocs gave me his 100-volt Nikola to do an open box first impressions video and to ride and test against my 84-volt version. He received it today and I picked it up a couple of hours later.

We did peak inside the box to confirm that there is no charger. Supposedly it'll arrive by the end of next week. Rather lame on Green Fashion's part.

Fortunately the wheel was shipped fully charged so I can break it in while waiting :D

Can’t wait for your video :D Yeah, mine comes with 100% charged as well. Your passion about Nikola (before the overheat hill drama) is my main reason to get the wheel.

Now I am seriously thinking going to LA EUC games, so I can ride some nice mountain trails with gangs over there :w00t2: 

Here is my first impression:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Believe it or not, @maltocs gave me his 100-volt Nikola to do an open box first impressions video and to ride and test against my 84-volt version. He received it today and I picked it up a couple of hours later.

We did peak inside the box to confirm that there is no charger. Supposedly it'll arrive by the end of next week. Rather lame on Green Fashion's part.

Fortunately the wheel was shipped fully charged so I can break it in while waiting :D

end of next week :shock2: they cant even ship them together?? lameee

• Like 1