WARNING: Gotway Nikola production (assembly) issue [Solved]

16 minutes ago, Topkek said:

I was wondering this, do I need to re-apply the glue to connectors when I change my Tesla v2 board?  What’s the best stuff to use?

better safe than sorry.. hot glue works, or silicone

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Anagnorisis said:

Is this what you're looking for?

Yes, thank you! When did you order the wheel?

If the board is that old (April 13th), I wonder how soon we can buy safe Nikolas from Ali. Maybe waiting for 4-6 weeks might be a good idea, at least unless the seller really confirms it has a new and good board.

10 hours ago, Jia Liu said:

Wow, we had the same mishap, cc denied, called the bank, got it cleared, ordered again 😅

Here is my last conversation with the seller, a few days after yours, so probably yours is also on the way. 

No, I don’t have a legit tracking number (there is one, but useless 😢)

B606E6E6-77AC-4C1D-9CF2-1B517927163E.jpeg

Messaged them last night and Woo-Hoo, they said wheel is enroute to the USA and to wait for customs to clear for a tracking number. Looks like we'll both be riding in two to three weeks from now!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Topkek said:

I was wondering this, do I need to re-apply the glue to connectors when I change my Tesla v2 board?  What’s the best stuff to use?

I typically apply a few dabs of silicon from the hardware store. But to be honest, I don't think its really necessary. If you're ever disconnect these before you'll know that there's a fair amount of force required. The way the boards are mounted with the wires having essentially no mobility, I can't see how the connectors could work themselves loose. I know at least one wheel I never bothered.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Topkek said:

RTV silicone should be available at most hardware stores, and should behave close to the original.

• Upvote 2

Hello there. I've just ordered my Nikola from a russian store to send to my country, Brazil. They haven't sent it yet.

What do I ask them to check? If they are sending a TO-247 mosfet not hot glued on the board?

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Eliran said:

Hello there. I've just ordered my Nikola from a russian store to send to my country, Brazil. They haven't sent it yet.

What do I ask them to check? If they are sending a TO-247 mosfet not hot glued on the board?

Thank you.

yea you could.. id just ask if it has the new replacement board from gotway installed.. if they say they dont know are arent even sure what youre talking about.. abandon lol

• Like 1

Ohhh, really? They already told me that:

"No new board or model was made by GW Nikola other than the actual one". 

I didn't paid yet. What more.or less makes.me.remember that, The Clash, song: Should I stay or should I go? Lol

• Like 1

sounds like they are clueless.. first off even before the glue fiasco there was like six different nikola models lol.. and the 100V has always used a completely different board

9 hours ago, Eliran said:

I assume that the 100 model is already in the stores and it's called Nikola Plus with all the 84V problems solved?

correct, though it never had the 84 volt problems in the first place afaik

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, your advices will make me want to change my purchase to a 100V then. Of course it will cost me.more money but I think it will worth on a piece of mind. Thanks for.the advices, Rywokast ;)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eliran said:

Well, your advices will make me want to change my purchase to a 100V then. Of course it will cost me.more money but I think it will worth on a piece of mind. Thanks for.the advices, Rywokast ;)

can't go wrong with that :) np

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Eliran said:

You all check the "polite" answer of EcoDrift shop in Russia when Ive asked him about the mosfets they are selling on their Nikolas

Chat with your dealer yourself.

Hmm, well wasn't EcoDrift actually your presumptive seller in this case?  What other dealer would you talk to? Anyway, you're well off staying clear. Just a bit confused since EcoDrift seems knowledgeable based on their breakdowns and disassembles.

23 minutes ago, Eliran said:

You bet on it. After that rude answer though, not.a dime for the russians.

It always bums me out when people destroy capitalism.  I sell product for a living. I am incredibly thoughtful, quick, caring, outgoing and most of all friendly with all my customers. They feed my family. Anyway sorry that happened. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Incorrect. MSX has two rows (12) of TO-247 mosfets, as does the revised 84V (and original 100V) Nikola board. I think the MCM5 is the only current 14+” Gotway with only 6 mosfets.

oh shit my bad, MCM5 was the only one i saw the underside of i assumed they were all like that >.>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patton250 said:

It always bums me out when people destroy capitalism.  I sell product for a living. I am incredibly thoughtful, quick, caring, outgoing and most of all friendly with all my customers. They feed my family. Anyway sorry that happened. 

Me too. Im a.Vortex Optics, Zeiss optics dealer in Brazil and I can't even imagine to.answer a costumer like this. Ok. This is.life. 

Competition is very grateful on that :D

1 hour ago, Nils said:

Hmm, well wasn't EcoDrift actually your presumptive seller in this case?  What other dealer would you talk to? Anyway, you're well off staying clear. Just a bit confused since EcoDrift seems knowledgeable based on their breakdowns and disassembles.

yea definitely a bit strange.. but im wondering if gotway just "forgot" to tell them about it, since russia presumably has way more nikolas out in the wild than us and they dont want to be sending out hundreds of replacement boards right now...

7 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

yea definitely a bit strange.. but im wondering if gotway just "forgot" to tell them about it, since russia presumably has way more nikolas out in the wild than us and they dont want to be sending out hundreds of replacement boards right now...

Very strange though