800 km across Poland - 22-28/06/2019

Seba

Don't forget to take proper breaks and drink lots of liquid cause it is summer. 

When your trip is available on euc.world don't forget to post it here so we can follow your progress live when you are using the wheel and offline when you are not 

• Like 1

You are giving me inspiration! I think I’ll follow my plans and do something similar this summer. Not this much but maybe 300 km within a week and 60-80 km per day. 

• Like 2

There goes @Seba the man that creates a new addiction for us EUC riders :P 

I am already considering a trip this fall around Attica/Athens Greece (circling it) and for the next i'm thinking of going to Peloponisos :w00t2:

• Like 1

How much gear did you carry and was it difficult to have it on your back? Did you have a good plan for the ride? Where did you sleep and eat? 

Seba maybe You know someone from Wrocław who's riding on EUC? I have just started learning riding on my V10F and I think it would be much easier if someone would take a look what im doing bad:/

And please tell me how long did it take you to ride comfortable on EUC?

Edited by caravela

1 hour ago, caravela said:

Seba maybe You know someone from Wrocław who's riding on EUC? I have just started learning riding on my V10F and I think it would be much easier if someone would take a look what im doing bad:/

Ask at Polish forum - https://forum.ecojazda.pl/index.php/start

1 hour ago, caravela said:

And please tell me how long did it take you to ride comfortable on EUC?

I think after a two weeks of everyday riding (it was about 300-400 km) I was feeling quite comfortable and confident. Just ride and ride often. Try to replace your car, train, bus or tram with EUC as often as you can. Comfort, fitness, endurance and skill will come with practice.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, UniVehje said:

I finally did it. Started with riding about 215 km in three days. Longest was around 90 km on one day (today). Easy, could have gone even longer. 18xl did fine without charging on breaks and speed was pretty fast. Heels were the first body part to start to ache. 

Great! It's a very good to start from shorter daily distances, so your body can get used to ride. Think about getting custom-fitted insoles (search for nearby ski bootfitting services) and try shoes with hard, possibly flat soles. And with each long ride you will become more and more fit for longer rides :) When I started on my KS-18L, making a 60 km trip was a big thing. Few days ago I did 214 km in one day and the only limiting factor was lack of time and daylight... :)

https://euc.world/tour/577799012031245

17 hours ago, UniVehje said:

You were right, I did enjoy it very much and I’m already craving to start another. Planned a couple of longer trips already. It’s a great feeling to just go without thinking about turning back. 

I wish you to be safe and enjoy your rides. As I said - it's addictive and MEGA ENJOYABLE! And it's always a challenge you want to complete and win. With yourself.

Edited by Seba
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I'm impressed by the amount of stuff you carry. I once rode 40km with a 15kg backpack and after 30km it really started hurting on my shoulders. Can't imagine doing double that.

It's matter of fitness and body preparation - it comes with time and experience. As you'll ride, you will get used to riding with backpack. Just make a small steps and ride regularly.

2 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I'm impressed by the amount of stuff you carry. I once rode 40km with a 15kg backpack and after 30km it really started hurting on my shoulders. Can't imagine doing double that.

Could be about the right pack and settings. It shouldn’t hurt your shoulders if you have a good backpack and weight distributed on you hips correctly. If you carry the weight on your shoulders then it will hurt. 

• Like 1

Just now, UniVehje said:

Could be about the right pack and settings. It shouldn’t hurt your shoulders if you have a good backpack and weight distributed on you hips correctly. If you carry the weight on your shoulders then it will hurt. 

No hip straps on mine. It's a backpack to carry my drone stuff around.

• 1 year later...

Thank you for sharing the exciting journey.  I want to make one but what worries me the most is the punctures.  I have put in Notubes anti-puncture fluid, but ... how do you manage punctures?