Aikesu A9 - 2000W 1360WH 22inx7.5in Tire One Wheel Motorcycle

mmexport1562537410000.jpg

Hi all, 

I have been in touch with Aikesu since they announced the Aikesu A8, even if it never got to be released for sale. 

In 2015, Aikesu developed a one-wheeled motorcycle for the American 20th Century Fox Film Company (Alita: Fighting Angel), which was created in 2019 and broke through 507 million box office.

They are also the manufacturer for the SuperRide / Uno Bolt brands, fat wheel sitting EUCs. 

With new models and EUC Mods being sold that achieve speeds of 50, 60, 70km/h, we are getting into "ultra light" motorcycle territory. 

I knew it was only a question of time until someone made one of these cool looking one wheel motorcycles with good specs.

We have seen similar designs before, but they did only about 25km/h top speed, or less. 

The Aikesu A9 looks promising to me just by looking at the picture.

The motor is very big, I have been told it is 2000w on that prototype (same size motorbike motors also can do 5000w or even 12000w, maybe in future).

The body has lots of space for batteries. They say it will have pedals or foot rests. 

They expect to publish full specs in July and start selling in August. (End July edit: it seems like they are delayed providing specs). 

I'm really looking forward to this. 

And hopefully there will be a way to make them street legal in future, as that is clearly a motorbike now, not like EUCs which can be seen as innocent "electric unicycles/bikes". 

mmexport1561031370092.jpg

Specs and price announced 2nd August 2019:

Retail prices: 

680wh/1020wh/1360wh

13000rmb/15000rmb/18000rmb

1875usd/2160usd/2595usd

1690eur/1945eur/2335eur

May be less on Aliexpress, we will see. 

This is a first model, so they stayed in the safe area with the specs, however I'm sure we can expect newer models with better specs if this one sells well enough. 

Screenshot_20190802_095854_com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.docs.png

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I see some differences on the last picture, we can now see the foot resks in wine red, and also there is a black stick from the wheel to the front of the chassis. Also the red back chassis was added. 

I wonder if that is some sort of suspension system, that would be great! 

Edited by Jean Dublin

On 7/15/2019 at 10:41 AM, atdlzpae said:

A really cool way to commit suicide. B)

I wonder how well it brakes in case of emergency when compared to a normal motorbike...?

It seems like max speed may be 40km/h, so, safer than new EUC coming out which do up to 60-70km/h.

I think we will know the specs soon. 

Got some videos of it working and more pictures. 

As I expected, it does have a brake trigger like bicycles, on the handle. 

I guess it will work in the same way as the one on the "Unibolt", which they also manufacture. 

It is like a manual tilt back. 

mmexport1564243697855.jpg

IMG_20190727_172036.jpg

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jean Dublin said:

It seems like max speed may be 40km/h, so, safer than new EUC coming out which do up to 60-70km/h.

Safety per km/h is important. And I'm really skeptical it's gonna be safer than Monster@40km/h, especially because of sitting position.

See this video at 3:35 to see the manual tilt back in action, I think that it makes it brake because then your weight on the seat is suddenly being the wheel, rather than on top of it. That's important to have for braking on sitting position, like a Gotway Monster or a one wheel motorbike. 

https://youtu.be/2FTl3CF3LzM

Edited by Jean Dublin

7 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

Safety per km/h is important. And I'm really skeptical it's gonna be safer than Monster@40km/h, especially because of sitting position.

You may be right, I don't know. But I think it's good to see the tech advancing in that direction, better tech may be found then and hopefully have a safer braking system. 

Specs and price announced 2nd August 2019:

Retail prices: 

680wh/1020wh/1360wh

13000rmb/15000rmb/18000rmb

1875usd/2160usd/2595usd

1690eur/1945eur/2335eur

May be less on Aliexpress, we will see. 

This is a first model, so they stayed in the safe area with the specs, however I'm sure we can expect newer models with better specs if this one sells well enough. 

Screenshot_20190802_095854_com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.docs.png

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

Inferior in every single way when compared to MSX except for the tire. And when compared to Monster...

Is this meant to be ironic?

I did not see a single spec that would "beat" the MSX.

Or you just mean the looks/construction? 

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

I did not see a single spec that would "beat" the MSX.

I agree with you. :)

The only spec that beats MSX is tire size and width. And it's questionable if that's an advantage - 7 inches are quite an overkill for a max weight of 100kg. But it probably handles potholes without any problems.

The turn circle on that thing must be huge.

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, atdlzpae said:

The turn circle on that thing must be huge.

Not necessarily. Motorbike stunt riders have been turning 180 section tyres on a sixpence for years. Whilst balancing the entire motorcycle.

On 8/7/2019 at 12:23 PM, atdlzpae said:

0:37 is my favorite. :wub: That's what happens if your intern makes a video.

Thanks for the compliment :P

I did that part, the original video was the stuff before that. Haha. 

• Like 1

In 2015, Aikesu developed a one-wheeled motorcycle for the American 20th Century Fox Film Company (Alita: Fighting Angel), which was created in 2019 and broke through 507 million box office.

They are also the manufacturer for the SuperRide / Uno Bolt brands, fat wheel sitting EUCs. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...