Street or sidewalk?

Villac

I had to look up "implements of husbandry" and no it isn't a wife. :D It means farm and logging equipment.

Most people would agree that an EUC fits in the EPAMD category, even though their definition often says "two non-tandem wheels". The state of Maryland sometimes uses the term "pedestrian device" to distinguish it from "motor vehicle".

Yeah, same here (about the 2 tandem wheels and pedestrian device).

So, I'm guessing tractors are allowed on the bike trails I ride on.

• 3 weeks later...

Mall question answered:

Well, we were picking up eyeglasses in the mall tonight, and it was pretty late with very few shoppers, so my son and I tried some indoor driving. Once we arrived at the eyeglass shop, a mall security guard found us and very politely asked us not to ride indoors, but he said we were permitted to ride in the parking lot. It's another sign I'm entering my second childhood since I seem to be causing troubles in malls! I do think the curiosity factor bought us some goodwill.

Hi Villac, entering your second childhood? Childhood should never be left in the first place. We are homo ludens besides homo erectus and sapiens. The electric unicycle caters to all three of them which makes it so attractive to us. The other day I rode my unicycle in a big mall as well, no security stopped me, but I guess that was pure luck :)

• 1 month later...

I feel like a person would have to maintain 15-20 mph to be in the road safely. Riding like a bike seems like the smart choice at that speed. I spend a lot of time in the road - skate boarding, biking, drift triking, ect. and I must say that a headlight and red tail light is a must. 

As for riding respectfully indoors - malls, airports, train depot, grocery stores ect. It is kind of like riding a bike in the same environments which would be unacceptable but no one has asked me to stop. 

@Vanopolis , I agree completely about the speed. On my TG T3 I felt like I was more of a hindrance to car drivers because of the low speed. On the Gotway, I cruise around 18 mph and fit in better with the cars. Besides the headlights and tail lights on my Gotway saddle, I use a headlight on my helmet and a tail light on my jacket. 

It may because I'm a mountain biker (not a roadie!) and it may be because I'm a slow old fogie, but on my bike I cruise around 12 mph and get passed a lot quicker by cars.

On either conveyance, I've learned to assume that car drivers simply do not see me, even when they seem to be looking directly at me, and I drive defensively, giving drivers a wide berth.

On 10/11/2015, 10:04:32, dmethvin said:

I had to look up "implements of husbandry" and no it isn't a wife. :D It means farm and logging equipment.

Most people would agree that an EUC fits in the EPAMD category, even though their definition often says "two non-tandem wheels". The state of Maryland sometimes uses the term "pedestrian device" to distinguish it from "motor vehicle".

I like this.. "Pedestrian Device".

Archived