LA EUC Games website is now live!!!

7 hours ago, OUNCESMUSIC said:

Nice! :clap3: Monday the 21st; LAX arrival at 4:30PM. 

I'm arriving Monday too at 3:00PM. But I have to dissappear immediately to get up to Thousand Oaks by 6:00PM.

I can probably arrange to receive your wheel up there, but won't  be able to deliver it to you until just before the Tuesday ride... If that might work for you, PM me and we can work out the details...

On 9/23/2019 at 2:50 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I'll throw an 18XL Bodyguard over it... No one will know the difference!   :facepalm:

It's not to pretty unless you heavily modify it. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, OUNCESMUSIC said:

I just tried and recvd a message saying TFU cannot rcv messages.

Wow.. Who knew that your forum "inbox" runs out of space? That is fixed now (I have deleted everything over 1 year old).

And do feel free to PM me now if you still want to, but it may not be worth your while. I have checked with my "receiver" and while they are happy for me to have my wheel delivered to them, they would rather not become an agent for everyone...

So sorry, but you need to find another local or arrange it with where you are staying.

Feel free to abuse me for this at the Games, or just say hi when you find me!

15 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

It's not to pretty unless you heavily modify it. 

:roflmao:

Okay then... I guess I will just ride naked then!

The wheel I mean, not me... Though you will never be able to unsee what just went through your mind!!!

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:53 AM, HarpMudd said:

For those of you who are flying in from out of state.. Have you figured out a place to stay yet? @The Fat Unicyclist @OUNCESMUSIC

Thanks for the reminder... Really need to book somewhere.

I'm thinking of staying up Encino way at least on for Friday / Saturday nights (as Saturday will be a big day for us).

Other than that... Possibly not a hostel, but nearby would be good - there should be opportunity for us visitors to catch up over an evening meal or two - if we aren't exhausted from Marty's rides!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

if we aren't exhausted from Marty's rides!

That's my question. What are people going to do the other 19-21 hours of the day other than sleep?

• Like 2

I booked room at Grim Western next to Korean plaza 8 nights $780 non refundable, I'm committed lol.  I've stayed there years ago with positive experience.   The rate seemed reasonable for LA.  Good question what are we going to do other than riding?

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1

We're keen for a dinner or three with other touring riders...
Though thanks to Marty, we may need to Uber to the destination, while my loaner wheel recharges!

I need to book this weekend, so will consider where others are staying and let everyone know once we confirm...

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 2

To all those coming in from out-of-state,

For what it's worth I'm staying at the Best Western Plus Carriage Inn. It's near Encino (technically in Sherman Oaks) but on the opposite end of the giant greenspace (Sepulveda Basin Recreation Area) the Velodrome is part of. They still have rooms available but the price has gone up significantly since I booked a month ago so you may want to find a place that's a bit kinder to your wallet... But to be honest, as long as you end up somewhere near the greenspace you will likely be happy with your choice. Not only will you be just a short wheel ride away from the event on Saturday, but the area seems to be rather friendly to our mode of transport! At least, there are tons of what appear to be bike paths everywhere...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Arbolest said:

To all those coming in from out-of-state,

For what it's worth I'm staying at the Best Western Plus Carriage Inn. It's near Encino (technically in Sherman Oaks) but on the opposite end of the giant greenspace (Sepulveda Basin Recreation Area) the Velodrome is part of. They still have rooms available but the price has gone up significantly since I booked a month ago so you may want to find a place that's a bit kinder to your wallet... But to be honest, as long as you end up somewhere near the greenspace you will likely be happy with your choice. Not only will you be just a short wheel ride away from the event on Saturday, but the area seems to be rather friendly to our mode of transport! At least, there are tons of what appear to be bike paths everywhere...

The area is full of fun bike paths and some off-road fun too. Here's the official Friday group ride info...

https://www.facebook.com/events/380136792898583/?ti=cl

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

@Dave U here you go.

Join in the fun on the eve of the LA EUC Games. We'll start at the skate park in Noho with jaws agape watching Sidestreet Reny rule the turf, making us all want to drop out of the Freestyle event...😂 We'll sesh there for a bit, and then head out towards the Sepulveda Dam area around 4:15 for a concrete surfing session there on the actual dam! Plus a surprise you won't want to miss. Soooo fun! This ride starts on street bike lanes for a couple miles, then it's all bike paths until we get out to the Dam area. Out there, there's a bit of off-road opportunities, and amazing winding sidewalk bike paths around lakes, and under bridges. Fun and speedy route! It's around 9 miles out and 9 back, and we'll probably do at least 10 to 15 miles of riding around the parks and a lot of it is higher speed riding (if you like), so plan on a 1600wh wheel to ensure you'll hold enough charge for re-entry into North Hollywood, where we'll get back and tuck ourselves in early and be (fairly) well rested for the Games next day... Wheels with lesser battery can do most of the ride, and would be an easy Uber back, so please don't be discouraged to show up for this ride if you have a smaller battery wheel. Also, bring a trick wheel to ride at the skate park, then toss it in yer trunk and grab your long range uni-bots to roll out...

*Our LAESK8 family of 2 or 4 wheeled friends are invited to join in the fun on this one too! 😎👽💜👊

Actual parking lot address for the Noho skate park (free) parking lot...
11455 W Magnolia Blvd Parking
11455 W Magnolia Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 91601
https://maps.app.goo.gl/c4ZaiAZG2P51tYcb9

Cool, Thanks :thumbup:

• Like 1