LA EUC Games website is now live!!!

2 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Is this an official statement??!!!!! :w00t2: @Rama Douglas hinted at it a while ago.

Only for people who are actually participating in the games. Inmotion is giving away a wheel and I believe EWheels is too.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Psices said:

Just signed up, felt I had to be there for the first ever LA games.  @Marty Backe thank you for all the time and energy your putting into this. I am so looking forward to touring your town with you as our guide. I’m working on building my speed and endurance up to the requirements for the rides. Going from 12-13 mph to 20 - 23 mph no problem, increasing distance from 20 miles to 50 miles will take time. @Rama Douglas I would also add a huge thanks to you and I’m guessing your wife for organizing this First ever Event. I am curious if their might be any categories or restrictions on Wheels. In as much that tire size (contact patch) might have some effects in the idling/balancing events just as a Inmotion V3 might have and advantage with 2 wheels.  @Jason McNeil thought I read somewhere that you are working out something that would allow us to ship are wheels back and forth at a reduced (your) rate. If this is true some details might be useful. Thanks again. Peace

Thanks for registering! You bring up a new point. And a great one at that! Re-stating what @Marty BackeBacke said, no restrictions on wheels, however, and I hadn't thought of this before, but yeah the Inmotion V3 would not be allowed as it's not a true (electric) unicycle. Would be an unfair advantage to basically be able to stand still on its 2 wheels. Thank you for asking that question, as I hadn't thought of that...and that being said, perhaps a Z10 might be a good bet for the idling competitions...

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Is this an official statement??!!!!! :w00t2: @Rama Douglas hinted at it a while ago.

So, yes and no. Yes, I was informed that www.euco.us (Inmotion USA) is giving a V5F to freestyle winner, which is an excellent trick wheel. Also, Jason at E-wheels is giving a $1000 credit to the Grand Prix race winner. I was thinking I would add some $ to that and just order a MCM5 for the winner so someone could have a new wheel the day of, but Jason had a good point, and that was to just let the winner pick how they'd like to spend that credit, rather than me deciding. So I believe that we'll stay with that $1,000 E-wheels credit as the prize so that someone can choose how to use the prize $$$...

Sorry to mislead, as I was planning one thing, but I believe Jason is right on this...

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

Thanks for registering! You bring up a new point. And a great one at that! Re-stating what @Marty BackeBacke said, no restrictions on wheels, however, and I hadn't thought of this before, but yeah the Inmotion V3 would not be allowed as it's not a true (electric) unicycle. Would be an unfair advantage to basically be able to stand still on its 2 wheels. Thank you for asking that question, as I hadn't thought of that...and that being said, perhaps a Z10 might be a good bet for the idling competitions...

Probably should have a "common sense" rule that says no cheating allowed. For example, using a wheel with a nearly deflated tire. If you think you're bending the rules, then you're probably bending the rules.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Probably should have a "common sense" rule that says no cheating allowed. For example, using a wheel with a nearly deflated tire. If you think you're bending the rules, then you're probably bending the rules.

So does you practicing with the official beating stick and practicing with Rama (who isn't eligible for winning) count as bending the rules, while the rest of us (if practicing at all) are using broom sticks by ourselves? :ph34r:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

So does you practicing with the official beating stick and practicing with Rama (who isn't eligible for winning) count as bending the rules, while the rest of us (if practicing at all) are using broom sticks by ourselves? :ph34r:

:)

I don't think so. No rules against practicing. For Sumo, after our minimal practice sessions, I can tell you the most important skill to have is idling.

I've had about 15-minutes with the boxing glove sticks.

• Like 1

This spot will be visited for our Friday afternoon/evening ride on the eve of the games. Soooo fun to ride! May bring some cones out and make a speed race track out there on all that concrete for the evening as well. Again, the course the day of the event is mostly about agility, so we can really get our speed fix out here...😎👽💜👊

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

FB event for LA EUC Games Official Group Ride Friday October 25th is now live... @Rehab1 I hope you don't mind me using your image for the pic...😎

https://www.facebook.com/events/380136792898583/?ti=cl

My image along with the event appears to be deleted. Was I smiling?:D

44 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

My image along with the event appears to be deleted. Was I smiling?:D

Interesting. Link is live on my end. I wonder if only Los Angeles Electric Unicycle Addicts fb group members are allowed to see it...🤔

I guess this would be a call for everyone who's not a member of the fb group to join...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Interesting. Link is live on my end. I wonder if only Los Angeles Electric Unicycle Addicts fb group members are allowed to see it...🤔

I guess this would be a call for everyone who's not a member of the fb group to join...

Your picture and all the links are identified as "Public" posts. So everyone should be able to see them.

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Your picture and all the links are identified as "Public" posts. So everyone should be able to see them.

This is what the hyperlink displays at my end

48724442162_353fb1f629_b.jpg

So this will be interesting but I'm excited.

I decided to stay at hostel in Hollywood for the cost and location.
Recent reviews seem promising and I've been researching in general what to expect compared to conventional options. 

I really wanted this nice rental/vacation home (done this with friends and family) but decided the extra $ will be better spent on any impulse entertainment and/or emergencies.
Plus I plan to be out and about vs staying in at night but while there I hope to meet and introduce other travelers to this wonderful form of personal transportation. 

All that's left is shipping arrangements so that I have my wheel when I arrive and in time for the following group rides. I've looked at the ones I will be joining but without a meetup address it's a little harder to estimate my ETA's. This is somewhat important as I will NOT be renting a car.

So, while out there I'm planning on seeing my true mileage on 2400wh at about 130lb before gear. We shall see. Of course I'll LYFT or UBER if I have to, but...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Genghis said:

Unless something changes in the next few weeks, I doubt I will be able to make it to California this year.  Very sad, I was very excited for this.  I hope there is another event next year.

The future is unknown. Best to embrace the present :)

But lets hope you can visit some time in the future :cheers:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I'll throw an 18XL Bodyguard over it...

I'll go ahead and try that for you ;) but would you rather have pictures or a video? :popcorn:

Which reminds me... @Rama Douglas add to my list that I'll have the 100v MSX with me in addition to my other two wheels for the games in case anyone needs it.

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

Can you include details on shipping?

My understanding is to disconnect the wheel, discharge, and ship it ground in the original box. Contents: "electronics" for any inquires, or something like that.

I'm not sure If I should:
(1) Ship to wear I'm staying if they allow
(2) Have it held at a shipping/Pick-up Center, or
(3) A local rider could receive it ahead of my arrival so I'll be able to have it when I arrive.

I don't see why the hotel wouldn't hold it for a resident but I'll confirm with them this week.

Arriving around 4 at LAX won't leave me enough time to pick up from a center and check in is what I'm afraid of
and I don't believe there's enough time to pick it up the following morning before the ride if not open early enough.

If someone would receive my wheel, I'd have some POM feeling confident knowing it's in good hands. Dinner's on me if so. :efeeec645d:

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:40 AM, OUNCESMUSIC said:

If someone would receive my wheel, I'd have some POM feeling confident knowing it's in good hands. Dinner's on me if so. :efeeec645d:

You had me at "dinner"... What day are you arriving?

• Like 1