LA EUC Games website is now live!!!

19 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Do these circles have any meaning in regard to this insane game or are they just drawn to keep the bad spirits out?! I could not find a single resemblance to what the title calls „sumo“. And by the way: Who won this tournament?

I guess, whoever laughed loudest is the winner. 🤣 

:laughbounce2:

I love your guess as to the meaning of the circles. Each rider has to stay in their circle or loose a 'point'. The Game Day circles will be a little bigger and better drawn of course.

This challenge is modeled after the TV Series Gladiators event called "Duel". I'm not sure why @Rama Douglas went with the name Sumo, but it sounds nice. https://www.gladiatorstv.com/events/duel/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome job on putting together the itinerary! That took some time and effort!  Extremely professional! :thumbup:

I don't know about professional, but I really appreciate the comment :D

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Do these circles have any meaning in regard to this insane game or are they just drawn to keep the bad spirits out?! I could not find a single resemblance to what the title calls „sumo“. And by the way: Who won this tournament?

I guess, whoever laughed loudest is the winner. 🤣 

The actual rules are as follows: idle within your confined circle and try to push the other competitor with your staff outside of their circle. The one who gets pushed out of their circle loses, thus the Sumo reference...(unfortunately, the video doesn't show that very well, because we're all brand new to it and so far we suck at it.) 😂 But that's the whole point of the event. To be a "funny to watch and participate in game." Also, there's a deduction if you plant a foot...

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

:laughbounce2:

I love your guess as to the meaning of the circles. Each rider has to stay in their circle or loose a 'point'. The Game Day circles will be a little bigger and better drawn of course.

This challenge is modeled after the TV Series Gladiators event called "Duel". I'm not sure why @Rama Douglas went with the name Sumo, but it sounds nice. https://www.gladiatorstv.com/events/duel/

😝 thanks for explaining. And yes: Gladiator Duell or Knight Fight is probably the properer naming. If you guys want to go with Sumo, than why not just draw ONE (and only one!) BIG circle and have the opponents stay within this ONE circle ️ to win this EUC Sumo contest.  Using a few floating rings around the waist would further the Sumo image and entertain the crowd. Think about it ... 😂 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Group Rides Page Now Live

The itinerary and dates for the 7-days of riding leading up to game day is now available here: https://eucworld.blogspot.com/p/group-rides-for-2019-los-angeles-euc.html

I will be be adding information for each ride in the upcoming weeks, but the dates and locations for each journey is now frozen.

I hope you can join me on at least one of these rides.

This looks freaking awesome, Marty! Hopefully I'll be able to join in on most of these, if I'm not buried in last minute prep. Makes me wish I was eligible for prizes, as all these suckers who join these rides will be too sore to do well at the games! 😂

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

The actual rules are as follows: idle within your confined circle and try to push the other competitor with your staff outside of their circle. The one who gets pushed out of their circle loses, thus the Sumo reference...(unfortunately I the video doesn't show that very well, because we're all brand new to it and so far we suck at it.) 😂 But that's the whole point of the event. To be a funny to watch and participate in. Also, there's a deduction if you plant a foot...

Well, as explained above, Sumo is the same similar thing with only ONE Circle the (rather heavy) guys gets pushed or thrown or lifted out. The stick thing is more Merlin, Arthur and Lancelot or Gladiator “Now we are free!” If you want to stick with the Sumo theme lose the pushing rods and go with a few floating rings, or let them challenge both events. 😝 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

😝 thanks for explaining. And yes: Gladiator Duell or Knight Fight is probably the properer naming. If you guys want to go with Sumo, than why not just draw ONE (and only one!) BIG circle and have the opponents stay within this ONE circle ️ to win this EUC Sumo contest.  Using a few floating rings around the waist would further the Sumo image and entertain the crowd. Think about it ... 😂 

We have thought about it being one big circle, and yes that's more like real sumo, but my utmost concern is about safety. Hard to get much force behind the staffs when idling. A larger circle means not as much idling, and slightly faster speed, thus more force behind the staffs, and last thing I want is someone getting injured. Many factors at play here, and while it's hard, having gone through it, will make us all more skilled at it and ready for next year 😎 ... And thanks for trying to rename it, but this event is called EUC Sumo.

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Rama Douglas said:

We have thought about it being one big circle, and yes that's more like real sumo, but my utmost concern is about safety. Hard to get much force behind the staffs when idling. A larger circle means not as much idling, and slightly faster speed, thus more force behind the staffs, and last thing I want is someone getting injured. Many factors at play here, and while it's hard, having gone through it, will make us all more skilled at it and ready for next year 😎 ... 

Whatever name, it’s a great and creative idea and I am sure everybody will love it and yes: the safety concern is really important. I can see that. We play football 🏈 on our e-horses once in while, which is also great fun. Wish I could join your event! 😢 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

This looks freaking awesome, Marty! Hopefully I'll be able to join in on most of these, if I'm not buried in last minute prep. Makes me wish I was eligible for prizes, as all these suckers who join these rides will be too sore to do well at the games! 😂

Yeah, hope you can attend at least one. I'm not sure I'll be able to make all 7 because I'm usually a little sore the next day after only one of these :shock2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, hope you can attend at least one. I'm not sure I'll be able to make all 7 because I'm usually a little sore the next day after only one of these :shock2:

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! Do a full Long Beach and Duarte loop on Tuesday! :efee612b4b:

Awe-inspiring itinerary Mr. Backe! I might join the one with bikinis if I'll be joining the EUC Games the week after (not sure yet) :cheers:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Group Rides Page Now Live

The itinerary and dates for the 7-days of riding leading up to game day is now available here: https://eucworld.blogspot.com/p/group-rides-for-2019-los-angeles-euc.html

I will be be adding information for each ride in the upcoming weeks, but the dates and locations for each journey is now frozen.

I hope you can join me on at least one of these rides.

Call of Duty!

Enlisted on all Adventures :thumbup:, less MT Wilson :facepalm:. I'll watch the MT Wilson video later :popcorn:.

Thanks Marty :cheers: , its going to be a Great So Cal OctoberFest :roflmao:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dave U said:

Call of Duty!

Enlisted on all Adventures :thumbup:, less MT Wilson :facepalm:. I'll watch the MT Wilson video later :popcorn:.

Thanks Marty :cheers: , its going to be a Great So Cal OctoberFest :roflmao:

Oh Dave, you can do Mt Wilson again :D This time you have a wheel that's worthy!

Just giving you a hard time ;) I'm impressed that anyone wants to go on more than one of these rides.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Oh Dave, you can do Mt Wilson again :D This time you have a wheel that's worthy!

Just giving you a hard time ;) I'm impressed that anyone wants to go on more than one of these rides.

Looks like I'll be taking my bottle of Aleve with me and leaving the Flintstones Vitamins at home :D

The Rivers, will it be a complete Duarte to Beach Loop 70+ miles?

Possibly charging at Rancho Duarte's Golf Course or Long Beach Hooters for those in need.

12 minutes ago, Dave U said:

Looks like I'll be taking my bottle of Aleve with me and leaving the Flintstones Vitamins at home :D

The Rivers, will it be a complete Duarte to Beach Loop 70+ miles?

Possibly charging at Rancho Duarte's Golf Course or Long Beach Hooters for those in need.

No. As described on the webpage, this is only the southern loop. The Duarte to Long Beach loop would be 80 to 90 miles. I really don't think I could do that ride without killing myself (being able to walk the next day).

I may try this loop as a challenge (I'll create a ride event), but not during this week.

• Like 2

Just now, Rehab1 said:

I have to say that I'm a little dissappointed... I selected this photo mainly because of how easy it would be to Photoshop some of the more well known riders onto it...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I have to say that I'm a little dissappointed... I selected this photo mainly because of how easy it would be to Photoshop some of the more well known riders onto it...

Your great a photoshop! I'll hand you the baton. 

Just signed up, felt I had to be there for the first ever LA games.  @Marty Backe thank you for all the time and energy your putting into this. I am so looking forward to touring your town with you as our guide. I’m working on building my speed and endurance up to the requirements for the rides. Going from 12-13 mph to 20 - 23 mph no problem, increasing distance from 20 miles to 50 miles will take time. @Rama Douglas I would also add a huge thanks to you and I’m guessing your wife for organizing this First ever Event. I am curious if their might be any categories or restrictions on Wheels. In as much that tire size (contact patch) might have some effects in the idling/balancing events just as a Inmotion V3 might have and advantage with 2 wheels.  @Jason McNeil thought I read somewhere that you are working out something that would allow us to ship are wheels back and forth at a reduced (your) rate. If this is true some details might be useful. Thanks again. Peace

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Psices said:

Just signed up, felt I had to be there for the first ever LA games.  @Marty Backe thank you for all the time and energy your putting into this. I am so looking forward to touring your town with you as our guide. I’m working on building my speed and endurance up to the requirements for the rides. Going from 12-13 mph to 20 - 23 mph no problem, increasing distance from 20 miles to 50 miles will take time. @Rama Douglas I would also add a huge thanks to you and I’m guessing your wife for organizing this First ever Event. I am curious if their might be any categories or restrictions on Wheels. In as much that tire size (contact patch) might have some effects in the idling/balancing events just as a Inmotion V3 might have and advantage with 2 wheels.  @Jason McNeil thought I read somewhere that you are working out something that would allow us to ship are wheels back and forth at a reduced (your) rate. If this is true some details might be useful. Thanks again. Peace

Welcome on board. Keep in mind that the 40 to 50 miles rides are not continuous (periodic little breaks to talk, take a drink, etc. And of course lunch on a few of them. But the main thing is to be able to do 40+ miles in a 5 hour time frame.

From your list of wheels, looks like the 18XL will be the wheel that you'll bring. Jason hasn't visited the Forum in over a month. Here is the Post where he makes the offer. I've used it once. 

There are no restrictions on what wheels are used for what events. Or how many wheels you want to use. It's all fun (although a couple of wheels will be awarded as prizes).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

(although a couple of wheels will be awarded as prizes).

Is this an official statement??!!!!! :w00t2: @Rama Douglas hinted at it a while ago.

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 1