LA EUC Games website is now live!!!

If someone from out of town was to ship a wheel to the games where should they ship it? Fedex office somewhere near the games maybe? What about lodging? Any hotels that make sense for group rides and the games. Some place decent would be great and I could ship my wheel to them. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Graniteone said:

If someone from out of town was to ship a wheel to the games where should they ship it? Fedex office somewhere near the games maybe? What about lodging? Any hotels that make sense for group rides and the games. Some place decent would be great and I could ship my wheel to them. 

I don't know any details, but you may be able to deliver to a local Fedex office where you can pick it up? The games themselves are not close to any of my riding locations. @Rama Douglas may be organizing his own rides too. The more the merrier so people can choose where they want to go.

Los Angeles is so huge that you shouldn't have any difficulty finding lodgings within your budget. The rides that I'm organizing will be within a 30-mile radius of Los Angeles proper. No one lodging location will be more convenient than others.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Graniteone said:

If you want to be close to the event site, yeah, search for hotels in the San Fernando valley. Encino, Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks are all very close by. I haven't yet coordinated with Marty about group rides yet, but as he said, all the rides require a car trip first, other than the Friday afternoon ride I'm planning on in the vicinity of the Games. It's a fun place to ride with tons of bike lanes/paths and some dirt as well...A fun mixed bag of maybe 20-30 miles. I think Friday's ride should not be a 50 miler day before the event...though it's always tempting...😜

@Graniteone let us know when you book your hotel if you still need me to handle the receiving of your wheel. I'll also be putting a list together of the riders who are willing to donate an extra wheel for out of towners...We already have several willing donors who gave offered up, as that's one of the registration questions...We want to take care of our traveling EUC addicts! 😎

:cheers:

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, FrankFilmer said:

I never would have thought I'd be buying my first Gotway for safety reasons

Oops! I forgot about this part :facepalm:. Time to suit up :ph34r: ! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dave U said:

Oops! I forgot about this part :facepalm:. Time to suit up :ph34r: ! 

I saw you Saturday night. Looks like you're well underway for the gear :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

But my prerequisite is going to be 1600wh or greater wheels.

Will a 2100WH wheel qualify? :whistling:

18 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I decided to host rides that I like, and I'm a long distance rider.

Ok, Ok problem solved! you didn't have to remind me twice :laughbounce2:.

• Like 1

Ok, I signed up and will hunt hotels when the time gets closer. LA is freaking huge and has a ton of options.  I would prefer to stay somewhere with a bit of atmosphere but not next to malls and strips malls. May be hard to find as it is So Cal after all. Any specific suggestions I am interested. I ll probably just ship my MSX to whatever hotel I am staying at on my Fedex account. I ll check on this thread incase a group of folks are coming from out of town and are all staying in one central area.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Graniteone said:

Ok, I signed up and will hunt hotels when the time gets closer. LA is freaking huge and has a ton of options.  I would prefer to stay somewhere with a bit of atmosphere but not next to malls and strips malls. May be hard to find as it is So Cal after all. Any specific suggestions I am interested. I ll probably just ship my MSX to whatever hotel I am staying at on my Fedex account. I ll check on this thread incase a group of folks are coming from out of town and are all staying in one central area.

I would ask @Marty Backe and  @Rama Douglas where these pre LA EUC Games group rides will be held at so you can pick a hotel close/near by and just make one long trip to the EUC Games instead? or rechecking into a near hotel just for the event. If you are planning on riding group rides of course?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave U said:

I would ask @Marty Backe and  @Rama Douglas where these pre LA EUC Games group rides will be held at so you can pick a hotel close/near by and just make one long trip to the EUC Games instead? or rechecking into a near hotel just for the event. If you are planning on riding group rides of course?

Now I'm starting to second guess myself about the location I already booked but am still within 48hr cancellation window.:pooping:

If we knew where the most Southern ride will be it would help greatly.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrankFilmer said:

I believe they will be south / east of the EUC Event, Los Angeles River bike loop trails to the beach, Mount Wilson Trails, Griffith Park by the L. A. Observatory maybe even reaching further south into San Diego county where  @Flyboy10 can maybe be a host / willing to show us around?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, FrankFilmer said:

Now I'm starting to second guess myself about the location I already booked but am still within 48hr cancellation window.:pooping:

As said, all within a 30-mile radius of downtown Los Angeles. Most probably within 20-miles.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dave U said:

I believe they will be south / east of the EUC Event, Los Angeles River bike loop trails to the beach, Mount Wilson Trails, Griffith Park by the L. A. Observatory maybe even reaching further south into San Diego county where  @Flyboy10 can maybe be a host / willing to show us around?

Everyone is free to host their own rides of course. But I'll have my own list of rides.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Graniteone said:

Ok, I signed up and will hunt hotels when the time gets closer. LA is freaking huge and has a ton of options.  I would prefer to stay somewhere with a bit of atmosphere but not next to malls and strips malls. May be hard to find as it is So Cal after all.

Uh, character in LA hard to find?!?  Try West Hollywood, stay in DTLA, beach cities like Santa Monica, Venice Beach.  Look up the Farmer’s Daughter near the Original Farmer’s Market, The Standard on Sunset or Downtown. There are a ton of cool places, albeit more not so cool.  Do a little research and you can come up with great spots. LA is like 150 different neighborhoods all squished together and each very unique.  You just need to find what looks good to you. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

As said, all within a 30-mile radius of downtown Los Angeles. Most probably within 20-miles.

Would it be possible for one of the locals to make a few suggestions for accommodation? It be awesome if the visitors were close enough to each other to catch up between rides.

Perhaps we could even get a group rate somewhere?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Would it be possible for one of the locals to make a few suggestions for accommodation? It be awesome if the visitors were close enough to each other to catch up between rides.

Perhaps we could even get a group rate somewhere?

Good idea. Too bad Los Angeles isn't like a small town/city where it's easy to identify recommended locations. Group rates would be fantastic, but I think that level of organization was beyond the scope of what Rama was considering?

I won't be able to help. The best I can do is organize some rides for people who are interested.

• Like 2

I'm super interested in coming out for a week of various group rides but the best I feel comfortable doing by this point is ~20-21 mph for ~30-35 miles (maybe by Oct that'll be up to 22-24 mph, but still presumably not the upper 20's and 30's some of you guys do). I'm assuming I would be left behind and/or I wouldn't want to be a hindrance. Any chance of group rides around my speed?

Edit: just to be clear, I'm fully prepared that the answer might be "no" which is totally fine/I would understand. I don't expect to be catered to, just asking to see if there would be others in a similar boat. Edit2: unfortunately no 1600wh wheel just yet. But tempted..

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

I'm super interested in coming out for a week of various group rides but the best I feel comfortable doing by this point is ~20-21 mph for ~30-35 miles (maybe by Oct that'll be up to 22-24 mph, but still nowhere near the upper 20's and 30's some of you guys do). I'm assuming I would be left behind and/or I wouldn't want to be a hindrance. Any chance of group rides around my speed/distance?

That's the sweet spot for most of Marty's group rides. Some of us will up the speed for a bit, then mellow out. I was that speed too, for quite a while. By October, you'll probably be a speed demon and wanting to go rush out and get a Monster 😜 Come on out and enjoy some of these amazing routes Marty is cooking up. He does require a 1600wh wheel for most of his rides, as he's a distance dude...😎 

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the clarification.

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

They are never 40+ continuous miles. If you can do 25-miles in one go and another 25-miles afterwards, you should be fine.

Oh then sure, I can absolutely do that already, no problem. :-)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2