Headlight for Z10 -> delivered :)

Guest PogArt Artur

Guest PogArt Artur

I've ordered the headlight with AliExpress, I think it took around two weeks only, since I've placed the order.

The expecting delivery date was planned next month if I remember.

It seems I'll have some "fun" this afternoon :)

IMG_18062019_153410_(1200_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.b89136d4b221a4d157984bb592952d7b.jpg

Guest PogArt Artur
3 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Your Z10 was quite recent though wasn't it? Doesn't it already have the modified light unit? Or did Ninebot not build later wheels with the new light?

I'm not so sure which batch was it TBH @Planemo.

I bet it wasn't the "latest" batch, because of the old headlight fitted.

This is why I had to sort the headlight on my own my friend.

Very odd. I thought everything after serial N30TC1844T0001 (week 44, 2018) had the updated headlight.

What serial is yours? If you don't want to post it, can you just let us know whether it is lower or higher? Surely your wheel hasn't been in storage for over 8 months? :huh:

Guest PogArt Artur
2 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Very odd. I thought everything after serial N30TC1844T0001 (week 44, 2018) had the updated headlight.

What serial is yours? If you don't want to post it, can you just let us know whether it is lower or higher? Surely your wheel hasn't been in storage for over 8 months? :huh:

Where to look for the serial no. pls?

Guest PogArt Artur

On the box or in the Ninebot app :)

Just found it, you might be right, my Z must been on shelf for long time ...

IMG_18062019_204649_(1200_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.c44178f87145737a543555b2b17097a3.jpg

Our posts crossed...

Wowsers.... that's only 3 weeks newer build than my wheel and I think mine was first registered in October 2018. I am staggered that the battery wasn't DOA for you. Maybe the seller kept it topped up.

Guest PogArt Artur

Our posts crossed...

Wowsers.... that's only 3 weeks newer build than my wheel and I think mine was first registered in October 2018. I am staggered that the battery wasn't DOA for you. Maybe the seller kept it topped up.

You've just lifted me up, because I started worry regarding the "age" of the wheel ...

So if you know that both our wheels are around same time manufactured, then I hope you'll be more lucky and get yours with updated headlight...

I've been assured that the battery was looked after and kept properly charged ...

Fingers crossed it's true.

I think you might be confused bud...when I said mine was first activated October 2018 I meant my Z6. I am hoping that my Z10 will be a considerably newer build. In fact I will be a bit annoyed if it isn't as A: I don't want to be buying a headlight and B: who knows what voltage it's been stored at (or topped up at) if it's 8 months old. Not good to keep the battery at 100%...probably better if it had been left alone to switch off (DOA) and then it shouldn't drain much further.

I always keep my Z between 40% and 60%. I only ever charge to 100% the evening before if I know I am going out on it the next day. 

Guest PogArt Artur
26 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I always keep my Z between 40% and 60%. I only ever charge to 100% the evening before if I know I am going out on it the next day.

You right, I got concerned how you might know already the serial number of your upgrade wheel upfront , lol ...

Then I guessed you must been mentioning your present Z6, that's correct, I sorted it out later :)

I bet you will get the latest batch stock @Planemo, don't be too wonder before even you get the Z10 :)

I never charge up to 100% the evening before I'm planning to go somewhere farther, because it would mean nothing else, but STORAGE your wheel charged in 100% full through the night time, which isn't good as far as I know.

You'll be better off to charge it evening before you go up to, let say 90% , and then the remaining 10% to get charged the next day before you go.

Regarding the above, you will STORAGE your wheel at SAFE 90% through the night time.

Edited by PogArt Artur

You do what you're happy with my friend. I do sometimes put a little bit in first and do the rest the next day if it's a late ride, but if its a morning ride I start charging at say 10pm then 4hrs or so charge means the wheel is sitting at 100% for 7hrs or so. I don't think that's a problem. Leaving at 100% for a week or more wouldn't be ideal.

I might even start using a timer on the plug socket. A charge doctor or similar would be better because you could cut off at a certain voltage but I think theres a problem getting hold of them.

Guest PogArt Artur
20 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Leaving at 100% for a week or more wouldn't be ideal.

Less storage of 100% charged battery = less defect on the battery I think.

Storage means to me 30min, 1hour,3hours, a day -> name it as you wish, it's still storage the battery charged in full 100%...

Do what you prefer, that's your wheel :)

I can not agree, that you would be able to leave the wheel charged 100% for a week or more dear friend, due to the battery discharging itself continuously.

The 100% charged battery won't keep being 100% charged.

I bet the battery is starting discharging itself just after you unplug the charger.

The longer you'll leave it, the more discharge you'll notice.

I'm not any battery expert, by any means , lol :)

I just think it's obvious.

Regarding my naive talking, even if we leave our batteries fully charged 100%, the storage affecting the battery's health must be variable as well, but I got no clue regarding detailed specs @Planemo :)

I do what I was told by our experienced members, I trust they have taught me right :)

Edited by PogArt Artur

1 minute ago, PogArt Artur said:

Less storage = less defect on the battery I think.

Storage means to me 30min, 1hour,3hours, a day -> name it as you wish, it's is still storage the battery charged in full 100%...

Very true, but I think there comes a point when 30mins is not the same as a day or longer. It just becomes either impractical or impossible to do a final top-up charge just before you use the wheel. You are right in that the Z battery self-discharges very highly, but it still takes time (about 3 months I think from 100% to shut down) and I certainly wouldn't want to leave one for 3 months after a full charge. A day is about my limit, I wouldn't want to leave it longer than that at full or very near maximum capacity as it will only damage the cells if done repeatedly so if I can avoid it I will.

In any event I think we are being pretty pedantic about it...mobile phones/lap tops etc are all left plugged in overnight every day for years :)

Guest PogArt Artur
3 minutes ago, Planemo said:

In any event I think we are being pretty pedantic about it...mobile phones/lap tops etc are all left plugged in overnight every day for years :)

You're very right regarding the above @Planemo :)

I never did care of any mobilephone's battery, well I did! 

I remember YEARS ago with the first batteries, it was necessary to fully charge it for first few charges to remain batteriy's capacity - correct me if I'm wrong :)

But present days...

I'm changing mobile phones frequently, so I don't care too much if the battery is looked after or not ...

Saying that, the Z10 must be in very good condition to me...

I feel I rely on the well being battery :)

This is why I started the topic some time ago, to ask our members how to look after the battery's health - the proper way (as I never did care) :)

After reading those posts, keen advices - the battery health became principal :) 

Guest PogArt Artur

I have changed the headlight moments ago, at least I can use it now without any issues of blinding oncoming traffic or people...

IMG_19062019_170911_(1200_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.976b74e99a5082f201df82972c6635dc.jpgIMG_19062019_170832_(1200_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.4023d0446c051e0bae879998e3d38aec.jpgIMG_19062019_170856_(1200_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.f420b4b75317ff45bd336bdc14894b5c.jpgIMG_19062019_170811_(1200_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.746a852ba5284fcdd1f4fa680796f97a.jpgIMG_19062019_170753_(1200_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.c36d475f025b5cdfe4f01907660a2ef8.jpgIMG_19062019_170738_(1200_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.93d2a7253ef1267d82f09309452513f7.jpgIMG_19062019_170722_(1200_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.d94223a8e7178461d76c0864f2f56e58.jpgIMG_19062019_170704_(1200_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.14868ceb4a1c9d562af37cd301f70edb.jpg

Guest PogArt Artur
Just now, Planemo said:

Good work! :)

PS I don't think you needed to take the footplates off?!

You've got good eye !

No it wasn't necessary effort at all :)

I've been following YouTube tutorial, and I've noticed that the pedals doesn't obstruct anything at all, but I've never took the pedals off yet, so I decided to remove them, simply to learn how it goes :)

That's it :)

To be honest @Planemo I wasn't using the old headlight at all,and I was ok to support that light with my handheld torch light, the one I were using when riding the E+.

I have replaced the headlight only because I knew there's upgraded/improved version, and I wanted to get it done.

I will try the new light as soon as I can, and if it let me rely on it, and the light will provide enough brightness to let me see the surface as clear as with my torch light, then I might stick to it, and have my hands fully free riding in the dark ... 

Yeah I think it's worth having the upgraded headlight, I will prob do mine at some point if my Z10 is old batch, but I have to say I have never (nor need to) ride in the dark so I'm not really bothered. I wish I could commute with it like you do, but I just have far too much work gear to carry and the journey is a bit of a nightmare (I also have to cross the Dartford tunnel).

Guest PogArt Artur
30 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Yeah I think it's worth having the upgraded headlight, I will prob do mine at some point if my Z10 is old batch, but I have to say I have never (nor need to) ride in the dark so I'm not really bothered. I wish I could commute with it like you do, but I just have far too much work gear to carry and the journey is a bit of a nightmare (I also have to cross the Dartford tunnel).

I know you mean...

My commuting isn't much easier TBH.

All goes through the town centre, where early morning is less traffic, so easy to ride through, but usually coming back around those pick hours ...

Do you know I mean?

Crowd of people, cars, all at once...

Pavements occupied, roads too...

Way back home usually isn't enjoyable.

But saying that :) , it's still much better than queuing in heavy traffic in my car, or on the fully loaded with passengers bus :) , which is also getting stuck in traffic :)

I'm getting change my riding gear at work place too, for my company uniform...

At some point I were considering to commute wearing my work uniform, for peace of mind and effortless regarding cloths changing ...

But, I never made it happened.

I think I wouldn't enjoy commute wearing my work uniform, it would look silly at first place, for second reason I can provide my cyclist friend example - he's always changing the gear at work.

When he's riding his bike, he enjoys the pro gear that he wears...

I think it just wouldn't be the same at all, if riding his bike with the company cloths :)

I belief, that the gear we wearing is a big part, and the joy while riding our EUCs :)

So I do...